finalists for the 2023 Ann Meyers Drysdale Award No Lopez Senechal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

finalists for the 2023 Ann Meyers Drysdale Award No Lopez Senechal

Reaction Score
Lou is playing shooting guard but she’s really a wing so I checked the Cheryl Miller Award nominees. No Lou :(

So, let me see if I got this straight. Lou is not eligible for this award because she listed as a forward. This explains why UConn lost five games this year. We forgot to have a shooting guard in the game and we could not use a three guard offense.
Now the only thing that needs further explanation is why this award is designated the Cheryl Miller award. Cheryl was a fabulous player, but everything I have read about her always specifies that she played forward, but Lou is not eligible?:confused:

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Lopez-Senechal was hurt by the same slump that affected the whole team in February. I was pleasantly surprised to see that that slump didn't cost Edwards a spot on the McClain list. As good as Lou's numbers were in January, they just aren't now.
Not really. She’s had only 3 games that weren’t double digit scoring. She‘s still #7 in 3 point FG percentage while being the focus of opposing defenses. Lou has been remarkable, especially consider that she’s playing on a gimpy foot

A04748CC-3F9F-4D1A-85F2-91F1720BE25E.jpeg

Reaction Score
No Lou Lopez Senechal.? Please explain. I have to doubt the credibility here with what I consider a serious omission.

The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame :: BASKETBALL HALL OF FAME & WBCA ANNOUNCE FIVE FINALISTS FOR THE 2023 ANN MEYERS DRYSDALE AWARD
I thought, when looking at the Finalist group: " this is a strange combination"!!
Different criteria for different selection committees?? I sometimes think that
the rational is to " spread the awards around" but that is pure conjecture on
my part..

Reaction Score
I agree. But.... I think that Lou will and can take the mature, long view. She will perform well in the NCAAs, she will
be drafted into the WNBA and she will be successful and happy in life. I think that is just the way she is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom