Final "Weekend" ~ #23 UConn v. #9 ECU @ J.O.C Field (Thurs. 5/17 @1p & DblHdr Fri. 5/18 @ 11a >>) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Final "Weekend" ~ #23 UConn v. #9 ECU @ J.O.C Field (Thurs. 5/17 @1p & DblHdr Fri. 5/18 @ 11a >>)

Reaction Score
Lots of AAC action tomorrow with three double headers on tap. Conference tournament seeding is going to be pretty clear after tomorrow's action.
And USF and Cincy just announced they are playing a double header as well tomorrow. 4 AAC conference double headers scheduled for tomorrow. Should be a fun day!

Reaction Score
And USF and Cincy just announced they are playing a double header as well tomorrow. 4 AAC conference double headers scheduled for tomorrow. Should be a fun day!

Nobody getting a fresh arm up w/ no games on Saturday...

Reaction Score
Friday AAC schedule

Tulane @ UCF 10am
ECU @ UConn 11am
USF @ Cincinnati 12pm
Wichita State @ Memphis 3pm

Everyone scheduled to play two.

Reaction Score

In this story, another "could" about Tim Cate pitching.

>>The Huskies, 13-9 in the conference, could finish as high as second if they win both games Friday, when, Penders said, Tim Cate of Manchester, their No.1 starter at the beginning of the season, could return from his forearm injury with some work out of the bullpen. With a split, they’d likely edge back into the top 20 in RPI.<<

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
WarrenNolan updated #22 RPI

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Wow idk how that even happened but I know I typed in Dan Hurley lol
D H (without the space) autocorrects to "Danny Hurley" now, just like T L does/used to with Terry Larrier.

It's sort of amuzing to see "Terry Larrier/DR" in response to a novella of a post.

Reaction Score
He had 5 days rest coming in to this start and looked fine, I'm not worried
3 of UConn’s top pitchers have had arm issues during their tenure. Cross had shoulder issues, Kay had TJ, Cate has arm issues that’s has kept him out for 5 weeks and still may not be out of the water. If Mason gets hurt Penders is going to have an extremely hard time getting high end pitching recruits due to his track record.

Reaction Score
3 of UConn’s top pitchers have had arm issues during their tenure. Cross had shoulder issues, Kay had TJ, Cate has arm issues that’s has kept him out for 5 weeks and still may not be out of the water. If Mason gets hurt Penders is going to have an extremely hard time getting high end pitching recruits due to his track record.

I believe Cate missed some time last season as well. And of course, he had TJ surgery in high school.

As for Carson Cross, I could be wrong, but didn't he hurt his arm in a flag football incident, or something like that? I believe that was the reason for his second redshirt year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I believe Cate missed some time last season as well. And of course, he had TJ surgery in high school.

As for Carson Cross, I could be wrong, but didn't he hurt is arm in a flag football incident, or something like that? I believe that was the reason for his second redshirt year.
All I know about Cross is his shoulder problem. That was before I followed the team. I’ve heard it was baseball related but I’ll take your word for it.

Reaction Score
As for Carson Cross, I could be wrong, but didn't he hurt is arm in a flag football incident, or something like that? I believe that was the reason for his second redshirt year.
All I know about Cross is his shoulder problem. That was before I followed the team. I’ve heard it was baseball related but I’ll take your word for it.

@dbmill nailed it:

>>But his season was derailed due to an off-the-field shoulder injury, an awkward fall during a flag football game that ultimately required surgery.<<

Reaction Score

Unfortunately, arm injuries to collegiate pitchers have become pretty much routine. Pitcher's arms are more fragile & finicky than most things. In my former collegiate coaching days, Leo Mazzoni once told me that it is not a matter of if but when regarding issues with a pitcher's arm. The unreal acceleration of arm speed followed by the almost instantaneous deceleration is not kind to the shoulder & elbow....

Reaction Score
Awful start by Kersten and the Defense. ECU up 2-0, runner on 1st, 1 out.

Reaction Score
ECU up 2-0, Mid 1st.

Gonna need bats and smart base-running today.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom