Final Game @ Morrone Stadium - October 27, 2018 (Game changed to Sunday 10/28 due to weather) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Final Game @ Morrone Stadium - October 27, 2018 (Game changed to Sunday 10/28 due to weather)

Reaction Score
UConn's chance of getting a buy in first round of AAC tourney clearly in trouble, as Huskies fall into tie for third place. SMU and Central Florida in a first place tie, with UConn in a tie for third with South Florida two points behind.

UConn's record is better than how they have played, and frankly, I'm surprised with all the tight games that it took them this long to drop another game after the losses to Notre Dame and Indiana. I'm inclined to think that Huskies are ok for making the NCAA tournament, providing they don't start a losing streak to end the season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Against the 4 best teams they have played this year (Notre Dame, Indiana, SMU, and UCF) UConn has been outscored 6-0. 0 goals in 385 minutes of soccer. (UCF game went to 2 OT's.)

Let me repeat that just for you to fully grasp it. 0. goals. in. 385. minutes. of. soccer. against. NCAA. level. competition.

I saw a chunk of the UConn at Central Florida game online. Even though it was a tie, Central Florida looked like the better team. Like I said before, Huskies record is better than how they have played though this stretch. UConn has had a lot of luck in not dropping a few games through this stretch, and well, today it ran out. Just hoping it hasn't run out for the season.

Reaction Score
I saw a chunk of the UConn at Central Florida game online. Even though it was a tie, Central Florida looked like the better team. Like I said before, Huskies record is better than how they have played though this stretch.

Not good.

Reaction Score
Not good.

For those who are wondering, Central Florida is 11 in the RPI right now, so at least UConn got a tie on the road against a very good team. While UConn may not be the best team in the AAC, a realistic goal for UConn this season was to return to the NCAA tournament, and hopefully make a little noise there. Like I said before, they should be in good shape for this unless things go bad starting in Tulsa next Friday.

Reaction Score
Too early for the Goal Patrol?

That could be, but in that video they only show the goal UConn is defending. The Goal Patrol usually keeps opposing goalkeepers company, and will migrate each half to behind which ever goal UConn is attacking.

Reaction Score
That could be, but in that video they only show the goal UConn is defending. The Goal Patrol usually keeps opposing goalkeepers company, and will migrate each half to behind which ever goal UConn is attacking.

Point taken. Saw this one earlier which lead to my comment... would have thought the student crowd would have been larger based on the event - not being critical, just an observation.

Reaction Score
Connecticut College was the #2 seed in the NESCAC tourney and lost at home, 1-0, to Hamilton, in the conference quarterfinals. #13 team in the country and might not make it to the NCAA tourney. Seems CC is emphasizing soccer but can't get anywhere in the postseason so far.

Reaction Score
Point taken. Saw this one earlier which lead to my comment... would have thought the student crowd would have been larger based on the event - not being critical, just an observation.

I figured you had a frame of reference that wasn't showing on the previous video clip that you posted. John Tuite did say during the broadcast that no doubt due to the game being rescheduled that actual attendance was one of the lowest of the season.

Reaction Score
Connecticut College was the #2 seed in the NESCAC tourney and lost at home, 1-0, to Hamilton, in the conference quarterfinals. #13 team in the country and might not make it to the NCAA tourney. Seems CC is emphasizing soccer but can't get anywhere in the postseason so far.
The top 3 seeds in the NESCAC all lost in men's soccer. Tufts was #1 seed, defending champion, and #2 in the country. Conn College will make the NCAAs still, but I highly doubt they host now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom