Final Four roll call | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Final Four roll call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't get in until Saturday evening so can we set up lunch on Sunday? Wecould try the Yard House. Thoughts?
Will be arriving early Sunday morning and will join you for the lunch at Yard House. Please wear outfit with UCONN logo on it so I can find you and Huskie 78 to introduce myself.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Will be arriving early Sunday morning and will join you for the lunch at Yard House. Please wear outfit with UCONN logo on it so I can find you and Huskie 78 to introduce myself.
I have a Boneyard shirt I can wear. I'll call the restaurant and see if they can accommodate a group and will let folks know.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
I don't get in until Saturday evening so can we set up lunch on Sunday? Wecould try the Yard House. Thoughts?
This BY'er and Indiana native went to the Yard House for the first time during the Men's Big 10 Tourney. That place is HUGE, and if you like alcohol they have close to 200 on tap. Highly recommended. Actually, I was in there watching UConn with that thrilling OT game with the long 3- pointer to send it to OT #3. I am still a possibility, seeing what happens this week before finalizing plans. Anyone know the practice times for Saturday?

Reaction Score
I'm a "visitor" to your board (hang out on the CR forum) and an Indianapolis native.

Welcome to Indy! I will be there for the semi-final.

Hope you guys take some more hardware out of our city!

Reaction Score
i will be there friday night staying at the omni severin. im a indiana native so i could help with anything

Reaction Score
Being from Indiana, I'd like to make sure everyone is aware of some of the restrictions on buying beer / wine or alcohol on Sundays in Indiana.
You can't.
Bars and restaurants can still sell drinks on Sundays, but there is no retail sales of any kind allowed on Sunday. The only exceptions to this are wineries or places that make on their own site.
Also on Sunday most bars and restaurants will close around Midnight. Some may be staying open later due to the games being in town.
If you are planning to drink at your hotel on Sunday before or after the games, the best advice I can give you is to buy it on Saturday.
Enjoy your visit to our fine city......

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
This BY'er and Indiana native went to the Yard House for the first time during the Men's Big 10 Tourney. That place is HUGE, and if you like alcohol they have close to 200 on tap. Highly recommended. Actually, I was in there watching UConn with that thrilling OT game with the long 3- pointer to send it to OT #3. I am still a possibility, seeing what happens this week before finalizing plans. Anyone know the practice times for Saturday?
Here ya go: http://www.ncaa.com/womens-final-four/super-saturday

Huskie78

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
the puppet shoulder... there should be some reimbursement from the UConn athletic dept. did you let Rosemary take a look at it?

Thanks, DaddyC !! :D

I figured Rosemary had more important peeps to look at ;) .... but I did go to Dr. Robert Arciero (Ortho Surgeou Extraordinaire to the Huskies) to fix me up! Blew me away when he RECOGNIZED me !!!! (I'm always amazed when folks recognize me even when I don't have the puppet with me ...) :cool:

I go for my follow up (surgery was on 2/25) appt. Wish me luck ....

Reaction Score
I'll be there! my first final four, super excited! My parents and I may join for lunch on Sunday at the Yardhouse, would love to meet some of you fellow UCONN fans! What time - noon? We'll be arriving Saturday afternoon/evening.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Being from Indiana, I'd like to make sure everyone is aware of some of the restrictions on buying beer / wine or alcohol on Sundays in Indiana.
You can't.
Bars and restaurants can still sell drinks on Sundays, but there is no retail sales of any kind allowed on Sunday. The only exceptions to this are wineries or places that make on their own site.
Also on Sunday most bars and restaurants will close around Midnight. Some may be staying open later due to the games being in town.
If you are planning to drink at your hotel on Sunday before or after the games, the best advice I can give you is to buy it on Saturday.
Enjoy your visit to our fine city.
We come from Connecticut, the blue laws state. We're used to not being able to get booze on Sundays. Well, until recently, that is.

http://www.courant.com/opinion/op-ed/hc-op-leff-blue-laws-connecticut-0226-20150225-story.html

Reaction Score
If anyone is looking to sell their finals tickets, I may be interested. No 200's level please. :)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Let's meet at 12:15 at the Yard House on Sunday. We may need to wait to get a seat but we can all meet & greet in the meantime.

Huskie78

Reaction Score
Let's meet at 12:15 at the Yard House on Sunday. We may need to wait to get a seat but we can all meet & greet in the meantime.
Excellent.
Looking forward to the Husky invasion!

Reaction Score
Little to old to make this kind of trip
but my heart will be with them.
Really did enjoy earlier trips to San Antonio and New Orleans.not so much St Louis.
GO UCONN( My license Plate also)

Reaction Score
I think that the three of us (me and mom and dad) will be there.

See you all tomorrow at my first official Boneyard get together!

Reaction Score
Are lurkers allowed? If things go well, I could head downtown and it would be nice to be able to put some names and faces together.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Are lurkers allowed? If things go well, I could head downtown and it would be nice to be able to put some names and faces together.
Absolutely! Everyone is welcome.

Reaction Score
My wife & I are at Hilton Garden Inn for our first Final Four!!! Totally pumped. Had great dinner at Chef Joseph's around corner

Fan since '95, but NYC work kept us from season tix until this year; late but loving it!

Two years a BY follower though seldom post. Looking forward to meeting people and learning how best to use our time here. Have tickets near bottom of 207 section, looking for upgrades courtesy of Oregon State :rolleyes:

Will be wearing UConn leather jacket w huge old doggie on back. Say hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom