Final Four Broadcast | The Boneyard

Final Four Broadcast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As you may or may not be aware, the Final Four "main" broadcast is on TBS this year. TNT and TruTV will have team specific coverage of the games. Does anybody know which channel will be the UConn broadcast?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I looked ahead on the schedule and could not tell which network will be our Teamcast - I'm sure you'll have plenty of advanced notice though.

Reaction Score
I looked ahead on the schedule and could not tell which network will be our Teamcast - I'm sure you'll have plenty of advanced notice though.

Well that sucks. I have to go outta town tomorrow and I won't be back until next week. I wanna set my DVR before I go bc when I try to schedule a recording from my mobile app, it sometimes says it scheduled the recording but doesn't actually record. And I don't have enough space on my DVR to record all 3 broadcasts. Ugh.

Reaction Score
What does "team specific" mean, interviews after the game?

Reaction Score
What does "team specific" mean, interviews after the game?

I'm not exactly sure but it seems to mean that the whole broadcast of the game on that channel will be geared toward that one school.. not sure if they will use the UConn radio announcers or what? Should be interesting.

Reaction Score
Here's something I was able to find:

"TBS will simulcast CBS' normal coverage, but TNT and truTV will feature unique coverage never before seen on television. Those two channels will feature "Teamcast" coverage that will include commentary, pre-game, and halftime shows with local broadcast talent, and guests representing the schools in each game. So basically, you can watch the Jim Nantz/Greg Anthony CBS coverage, or you can watch the coverage of the respective teams."

Reaction Score
That sounds awesome but confusing. I guess I will try out the local coverage?

Reaction Score
That sounds awesome but confusing. I guess I will try out the local coverage?

I'm gonna record the national broadcast and the UConn broadcast if I can figure out which channel it will be on.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
From SI: The Connecticut Teamcast will air on truTV. Eric Frede, a studio host for CSN New England who covered UConn this year, will call the game. Former UConn basketball player and YES NBA analyst Donny Marshall will serve as the analyst. The courtside reporter is Swin Cash, a three-time WNBA champion who won two titles at UConn as a college player.

Never heard of Eric Frede.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01