Final 2019 Scholarship? | The Boneyard

Final 2019 Scholarship?

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Any news here? Wondering if with the move to the BE and all focus on making a statement in 2020, if the staff is going to eat the scholarship this year (baring a reclass of a 2020 prospect) to try and reel in an extra big fish for the 2020 class? At this point I would prefer us keep it to take a shot at landing an extra big time recruit for 2020, rather than a 3-star center for 2019... Wonder what y'all think?

Reaction Score
Yes, KSC, that'd be ideal. Thought I saw a Zagoria tweet saying DH is holding that ship for 2020

Reaction Score
I think it's still Manuel if his grades improve over the summer/he graduates

here's hoping. otherwise all we got off the bench are whaley and polley...

but that's still a better situation than polley starting last year. one step at a time.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I think it's still Manuel if his grades improve over the summer/he graduates

Everything the insiders here have said makes it seem like we're going to take Manuel if he qualifies, and we'll bank the scholarship if he does not. I don't think there are any surprises here, unless something unexpected happens and a really talented kid becomes available out of nowhere.

Reaction Score
Everything the insiders here have said makes it seem like we're going to take Manuel if he qualifies, and we'll bank the scholarship if he does not. I don't think there are any surprises here, unless something unexpected happens and a really talented kid becomes available out of nowhere.
Question: If this is true, could Manuel verbally commit or does his academic situation prevent him from doing that? I know he has had a history of decommits so maybe that is also holding him back?

Reaction Score
If Manuel doesn't come here there has to be a big man grad transfer somewhere willing to come here that would would still leave a 3rd open scholarship for 2020. The grad transfer list was hundreds of players. I don't even care if he's a big stiff. Just someone who has 5 fouls to give and could grab a few boards in an emergency situation. Might help practice situations as well. Anyone? Bueller?

Reaction Score
I do not follow recruiting all that closely. Who's Manuel? Google search results are only for our old buddy Warde.

Reaction Score
Seems like Manuel if he qualifies. Something seemed to creep out Cliff O so he looks like a nonstarter.

As said, Hurley ground out opening up a scholly so something should happen.

Reaction Score
Seems like Manuel if he qualifies. Something seemed to creep out Cliff O so he looks like a nonstarter.

As said, Hurley ground out opening up a scholly so something should happen.
Someone on this board mentioned that Cliff didn't want to play in the AAC but now that we're going to be in the big east, conversations have resumed

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Someone on this board mentioned that Cliff didn't want to play in the AAC but now that we're going to be in the big east, conversations have resumed

This is huge if true

Reaction Score
Do you have a source? That would be huge.

Reaction Score
I don't understand why we just don't try to get a waiver for RJ. Why go in with 10 players when the NCAA has been handing out waivers like hot cakes?

Reaction Score
I don't understand why we just don't try to get a waiver for RJ. Why go in with 10 players when the NCAA has been handing out waivers like hot cakes?
We’ll be thankful 2 years from now (‘21-22) when he’s a senior taking over for Alterique leading us to our 2nd straight NCAA tourney that he didn’t apply for the waiver this year.

Reaction Score
The situation with Mo was inevitable. They freed up the spot for flexibility- holding it or getting a ‘19 or a mid-year transfer. What did change from when the spot became open is that they’re now recruiting into a different situation.

The NCAA is again leaning towards higher standards for waivers, and I just don’t see a case for RJ.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Question: If this is true, could Manuel verbally commit or does his academic situation prevent him from doing that? I know he has had a history of decommits so maybe that is also holding him back?

He could, but there's no upside to that. If he doesn't qualify, then it becomes a news story that he won't be enrolling. This way, he announces when he's eligible and certain that he'll be able to play.

Reaction Score
He posted this today....but I know social media games happen....this was the only bball reaction he posted from Q and A
Screenshot_20190628-092614_Instagram.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom