OT: - Field Of Dreams Game Tonight | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Field Of Dreams Game Tonight

Reaction Score
Last night was a great event, but not sure I like the idea of doing the exact same thing again.

However, all in on MLB doing a version of the NHL's Winter Classic - would love to see the Diamondbacks vs. Rockies at the Grand Canyon (with home runs going into the canyon), Tampa v. Miami in Key West, Red Sox v. Yankees at a Cape Cod beach, Mets v. Phillies at the NJ shore, etc...

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Makes sense. There are at least six teams with fan bases in Iowa: ChiSox, Cubs, Cards, Twins, Brewers, Royals, some of which still operate minor league teams in Iowa. So rotating those six as "home" teams, this could go on awhile.

Reaction Score
Revive the Boneyard Cup, get a stuffed gopher, and get Coach Murray to convince his bother to make a cameo as Spackler.

it has to be done.
The last BYC was worse than Caddyshack. More alcohol. Tipped carts. Cannon fire. Made Bushwood look like schoolgirls.

Reaction Score
The last BYC was worse than Caddyshack. More alcohol. Tipped carts. Cannon fire. Made Bushwood look like schoolgirls.
Let’s do another one! Are there any courses we aren’t barred from?

Reaction Score
For a comparison. Exhibition Nfl Hall of fame game a week before. 7.3 million viewers. Field of Dreams game. 5.9 million viewers.
There were a total of 14 baseball games played yesterday. I don’t deny that football gets great ratings. It’s just that comparing a single football game to a single game baseball game is a bit deceptive.

Reaction Score
Fox promoted the hell out of the Field of dreams game. So much so that, I a non baseball fan that barely watches TV was aware of the game. Vs the Hall of fame exhibition game that I saw no promos for. Don't they broadcast the baseball post season on secondary networks now?

Reaction Score
I don’t know how many of you know who Hawk Harrelson is but I saw a comment on Reddit from a white Sox fan on the walk off home run…you can put it in the corn! Yes!

Reaction Score
There were a total of 14 baseball games played yesterday. I don’t deny that football gets great ratings. It’s just that comparing a single football game to a single game baseball game is a bit deceptive.
It's always a silly comparison, NFL teams plays 3 preseason games and 16 regular season games. MLB plays 162 regular season games.

Reaction Score
Totally agree with staging games in unique locations. Cape cod, key west, Central Park, etc

Reaction Score
How about this? A third party park.

Yankees and Mets play a game in Fenway.
A’s and Giants play in Dodger stadium.
Pirates and Phils play at Jacob’s Field.

Reaction Score
Another idea is having a game next to a state prison. Have hrs be hit into the prison yard. Perhaps a matchup of California teams playing at San Quentin.

Reaction Score
Another idea is having a game next to a state prison. Have hrs be hit into the prison yard. Perhaps a matchup of California teams playing at San Quentin.
Metallica would play St Anger live.

Hard no.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
It’s crazy how non MLB designed parks are just home run derbies. Same thing happened in London 2 years ago with Yankees Red Sox.

Really great game, magical. Wish the Yankees won.

Great novelty - agreed with the poster who said that once every 5 years would be good. Can’t imagine next years match up will live up to this performance / hype …

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Last night was a great event, but not sure I like the idea of doing the exact same thing again.

However, all in on MLB doing a version of the NHL's Winter Classic - would love to see the Diamondbacks vs. Rockies at the Grand Canyon (with home runs going into the canyon), Tampa v. Miami in Key West, Red Sox v. Yankees at a Cape Cod beach, Mets v. Phillies at the NJ shore, etc...
I don’t watch any MLB regular season besides the Yankees, but id watch these.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom