FIBA U18 3x3 World Cup begins Wednesday 8/24 (KK Arnold) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

FIBA U18 3x3 World Cup begins Wednesday 8/24 (KK Arnold)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
By the way, Mongolia gave UKraine all they could handle. Ukraine wins 18-17 on last second drive by Koval. US should win comfortably imo.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
US over UK 21-12.

Williams continues to outshine everyone but no weak link in the US team.

1661449045677.png

Reaction Score
As noted USA guards too quick for the opposition and with the ability to finish through contact. Sahara
with endless energy, continous effort, NICE! Sarah Strong surprisingly with an inside and outside shots!
Next USA game vs Netherlands in the Quarterfinals. Here is the opposition:
Iris Vennem 17 6'1" 163 pounds. Jaleese Molina 18 6' 1" 165 # Mecx Van Linge 18 6'2" 187# !!!!
and Phoenix Stotijn 17 5'8' 139 # !!!!!! I bet she is "fast". USA will have to bring their " A" for
the Quarterfinal, Semi finals and hopefully Finals on 8 / 28. The other quarterfinals is France vs
Ukraine ( note Daria Krachchenko (sp) , Ukraine , is working on a twisted ankle from an earlier practice )
So..... France vs USA in the Semi??? I'll have to backtrack to check the other two Quarterfinals.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
In unbeatens, Spain beats Germany on a true 2pt buzzer beater. 14-13. Good close game but there really seems to be no one in the US class.

Reaction Score
Quarterfinals USA over Netherlands 21 - 15 great game for Sahara Williams
France over Ukraine 12 - 10 Kateryna Koval ( Long Island, N.Y, undecided, 6'4" )was a monster in the loss
Spain over Brazil 20 - 6
Germany over Japan 14 - 12
So USA will play France, with Koval OUT, there are not, really, any BIGS left to challenge Sarah Strong!
Germany against Spain in the other SEMI. Tune in tomorrow for the Semis and Finals
USA is coming together as a " TEAM". Multiple good plays by each of the USA players. Can they do it??

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
France over Ukraine 12 - 10 Kateryna Koval ( Long Island, N.Y, undecided, 6'4" )was a monster in the loss
Spain over Brazil 20 - 6
So USA will play France, with Koval OUT, there are not, really, any BIGS left to challenge Sarah Strong!
Germany against Spain in the other SEMI. Tune in tomorrow for the Semis and Finals
USA is coming together as a " TEAM". Multiple good plays by each of the USA players. Can they do it??
US is clearly the best most well rounded team. In a game Mikayla was just good, others stepped up. And they play with alot of emotion.

What time is the France game?

Reaction Score
My Prosnosticatons:
USA (5-0) over Spain ( 5- 0 ), but this could have been a FINAL game. Spain destroyed Brazil in the Quarterfinals 20 - 6
Spain's roster: # 18 Alicia Florez 5'8" 18 and very good
# 5 Judit Olivia 6' 1" 17
# 11? Irene Broncano 6' 0" 18
# 4 Paula Savavina 6'0" 18
and France ( 5- 0 ) over Germany ( 4 - 1 )
mostly because France is 5' 10", 5' 7" and 6' 2" , 6' 2"
and Germany is 6'0" 5' 7" 5' 8" and 5 ' 10" ( they must be
good though, huh??) Let the games continue, Go KK, Go Sarah,
go M. Williams, go S. Williams

Reaction Score
Spain over Brazil 20 - 6
FIBA reshuffled the deck after the Quarterfinals so USA vs Spain and France vs Germany
Spain vs USA could have been a very good final game. Germany is rather short, but rather good!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Heavy rains. Court is covered by Tarp but not great on the fans in the stands.

Reaction Score
USA 21 Spain 13 EVERYONE EATS!! A team win. ON to the FInals
Sarah underneath, KK too quick, Sahara a little of everything, and
M. Williams with some clutch shots. VERY IMPRESSED with Sarah
Strong.
Strong actually moves well. Very strong post presence, will be a nice pickup for someone.

I notice a lot of players kept losing their footing but it was raining so thats probably why

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Oh boy. KK had fallen on her wrist and was in a lot of pain. Had to sit out a fewer minutes bit came back and was even better. She needs that jump shot so she does not feel the need to go every time into those trees even though she is a spectacular driver.

Reaction Score
Germany over France 18 -16 . It was anybody's game. Both team are
excellent. Did anyone recognize Greta Kroger #13 as a member of the
German 5 X 5 team?? Maybe. With the speedy French lady consigned to
the third place game ( Daniela Dibanzilov (sp)), that will give the USA's speed as
another edge in the Final GOLD game, (in addition to the clear dominating presence of Sarah Strong.)
So, IMO ,USA over Germany by 5 points, and , a sheer guess = Spain over France, i.e. more
firepower and overall defense and team balance with Spain. It could go either way!!
I hope that UCONN is still actively recruiting Sarah Strong, even if UCONN is not
one of her current preferred choices ( I think all her possible schools were in warmer
climates than Connecticut!)

Reaction Score
Truly a team effort. Everyone contributed. Did anyone mentioned Sarah Strong for
sportswoman of the game/tournament ( my personal award )?. When a Germany
play fell to the court during the game Sarah offered her a hand to help her
up! while the flow of the game continued! Oh , my! I'm ready for November!
GO Huskies. !!!!

Reaction Score
Oh boy. KK had fallen on her wrist and was in a lot of pain. Had to sit out a fewer minutes bit came back and was even better. She needs that jump shot so she does not feel the need to go every time into those trees even though she is a spectacular driver.

Next year the trees will be taller and spread wider. It would help her to watch Bueckers use all those little floaters from 6-8 feet. Bueckers hits a higher % from inside 10 feet than many do on their layups. It's a perfect counter to defenders who sit close to the basket and dare you to drive to the hoop.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Next year the trees will be taller and spread wider. It would help her to watch Bueckers use all those little floaters from 6-8 feet. Bueckers hits a higher % from inside 10 feet than many do on their layups. It's a perfect counter to defenders who sit close to the basket and dare you to drive to the hoop.
The floater from 6-8 ft is a really hard shot to make on a consistent basis. A player is essentially calculating on the run the shrinking distance to the basket along with the amount of arc necessary to get the shot off over a closing defender. It’s easy to “short-arm” that shot, or clank it off the back rim.

Paige is the best I’ve ever seen. Evina was pretty good too. If KK can develop her own running one-hander it would certainly elevate her game to another level.

Reaction Score
The floater from 6-8 ft is a really hard shot to make on a consistent basis. A player is essentially calculating on the run the shrinking distance to the basket along with the amount of arc necessary to get the shot off over a closing defender. It’s easy to “short-arm” that shot, or clank it off the back rim.

Paige is the best I’ve ever seen. Evina was pretty good too. If KK can develop her own running one-hander it would certainly elevate her game to another level.
Caroline is pretty good at it too.

Reaction Score
KK is extremely quick off the dribble and can go left or right with power and speed. Jab moves are terrific. Needs both a floater but even more importantly a pull up jumper. It's the most accurate and lethal outside shot in the sport but many players don't have one or don't like to shoot it and would rather drive and shoot a 3. If she gets a strong pull up she will be impossible to defend one on one.

Reaction Score
KK is extremely quick off the dribble and can go left or right with power and speed. Jab moves are terrific. Needs both a floater but even more importantly a pull up jumper. It's the most accurate and lethal outside shot in the sport but many players don't have one or don't like to shoot it and would rather drive and shoot a 3. If she gets a strong pull up she will be impossible to defend one on one.
She has plenty of time to develop that plus I imagine its something Geno will help her polish up. She will be a good one for UCONN.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom