FIBA Americas Championship U18 Women - Final USA 83-Colombia 47 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

FIBA Americas Championship U18 Women - Final USA 83-Colombia 47

Reaction Score
72-45 USA........under four minutes..........Jenna Brown bringing some normalcy to the court...........she's a nice player, under control unlike most of the others

Brown again for three ........... USA up big now with about a minute left..........she's my MVP for this second half any way...............

Sakibomb25

Yamasaki Let the Good Times Roll
Reaction Score
72-45 USA...under four minutes.....Jenna Brown bringing some normalcy to the court......she's a nice player, under control unlike most of the others

Brown again for three ...... USA up big now with about a minute left.....she's my MVP for this second half any way.....
Happy that the parts of the game I watched were when she did most of her damage :) I think she'll be a great asset to Stanford over the next four years!

Reaction Score
Happy that the parts of the game I watched were when she did most of her damage :) I think she'll be a great asset to Stanford over the next four years!

yes I think you've got yourself a good one............solid athlete, good skills and really composed demeanor on the court.............too bad.................I sure think UConn could have used her

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
72-45 USA...under four minutes.....Jenna Brown bringing some normalcy to the court......she's a nice player, under control unlike most of the others

Brown again for three ...... USA up big now with about a minute left.....she's my MVP for this second half any way.....

I like Jenna Brown.

Carnac

Reaction Score
83-47 final....it wasn't that easy...

Columbia provided an excellent tuneup for tomorrow's championship game. It should be against Canada. Their game against Argentina will not be a walk in the park. Like our game, the winner of that game plays for gold tomorrow. Argentina's only loss was to the USA.

Post script edit: I was right. Argentina gave Canada all they wanted. The game was tied at 66 with 2 min left. Canada went on a 7-2 run to close it out and win by 6 points 77-71.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carnac

Reaction Score

Mine too. :cool:

Reaction Score
Pretty disappointing tourney for Christyn Williams to this point. Maybe she'll have a big final.
I agree. I know it won’t be a popular opinion here where she’s already a legend but while she’s got a lot of potential, she’s got a lot to learn and habits to break. She’ll need to learn to move without the ball and that dribble, dribble, drive into traffic won’t fly once Auriemma gets ahold of her. But she seems to have a good attitude and if she’s a worker she’ll develop well.

Reaction Score
Final: Canada 77 - Argentina 71, so USA plays Canada Tuesday night.

Sakibomb25

Reaction Score
Didn't she originally commit to ND?
Yes. Not sure what happened there... any Notre Dame fans know whether it was initiatated by Brown or by Notre Dame?

Reaction Score
6 points. 4/4 ft, & 1 fg
I see. Facilitator? They won by 30+. Did she need to be more involved as far as scoring. What's her percentage on those 6 points?

Carnac

Reaction Score
I see. Facilitator? They won by 30+. Did she need to be more involved as far as scoring. What's her percentage on those 6 points?

16.7% from the field (1/6) - Here's the Box score

Reaction Score
Where does she fit in with Stanford for the next four years? Kiana Williams is definitely the starting PG next year as a Soph, and then there's Wilson who hasn't really lived up to expectation.

Reaction Score
Yes. Not sure what happened there... any Notre Dame fans know whether it was initiatated by Brown or by Notre Dame?
Sorry for the double reply. I believe she de-comitted from ND a short time after Anaya Peoples committed to ND. IMO Brown wasn't happy with McGraw recruiting another elite PG a class behind her. Peoples is on the record for saying to McGraw that she would play any position she was asked to play. I believe that at the time, McGraw was looking to play Brown at the 1, Peoples at the 2, and Gilbert at the 3 (after all of the current starters graduate). I believe this to be the case because after Brown withdrew, McGraw said she was still looking for a "true PG." Which ultimately lead to ND getting Nixon.

That's the scenario that makes sense to me. She would have been a probably second year starter at point for ND. I think she might be able to be the SG at Stanford considering Tara played Williams and Snizek together.

Sakibomb25

Reaction Score
Where does she fit in with Stanford for the next four years? Kiana Williams is definitely the starting PG next year as a Soph, and then there's Wilson who hasn't really lived up to expectation.
I think Brown takes over at the point and Williams plays the shooting guard position. That's what happened last year with Sniezek and Williams.

Reaction Score
Sorry for the double reply. I believe she de-comitted from ND a short time after Anaya Peoples committed to ND. IMO Brown wasn't happy with McGraw recruiting another elite PG a class behind her. Peoples is on the record for saying to McGraw that she would play any position she was asked to play. I believe that at the time, McGraw was looking to play Brown at the 1, Peoples at the 2, and Gilbert at the 3 (after all of the current starters graduate). I believe this to be the case because after Brown withdrew, McGraw said she was still looking for a "true PG." Which ultimately lead to ND getting Nixon.

That's the scenario that makes sense to me. She would have been a probably second year starter at point for ND. I think she might be able to be the SG at Stanford considering Tara played Williams and Snizek together.

based only on these few games, I slightly prefer Brown's game to Peoples'...........Brown may not be as dynamic but she really knows how to pick her spots to shine............she appears to be a cerebral player so I guess her game matches her future school.........

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Pretty disappointing tourney for Christyn Williams to this point. Maybe she'll have a big final.

Perhaps she has this legend thing backwards? Hope this is not a confidence deflater. CW, you need to be a legend for high level performance, not low level performance. :rolleyes: ONO seems to be quietly playing well.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Perhaps she has this legend thing backwards? Hope this is not a confidence deflater. CW, you need to be a legend for high level performance, not low level performance. :rolleyes: ONO seems to be quietly play well.

CW has had mixed results in international play over the past couple of years so I don't take much from this tournament...............I'm confident she's going to be a really good UConn player, we'll have to wait and see whether she'll be the next great UConn player

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom