FGCU. Again. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

FGCU. Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Mountain West flat out embarrassed themselves in this tournament.

I hate to kill zls on this since we discussed its strength before the tourney, and I said they would underwhelm. The truth is, I never really watched any MW teams this year other than New Mexico, but NM did not look very good to me. The reason I was down on the MWC is that they repeatedly fail in the tourney year after year. I'm in a show-me mode with them.

Reaction Score
FGCU is hand's down the must watch team of the tourney. I'm conflicted. They will be going up against one of my F-4 teams UF.. So do I root for the team on my money bracket, or do I root for the team of the tourney?

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Opened at 11 offshore which is way short will get to 13-14. Gamblers know all about FGCU and were all over them
against Gtown. Most stayed on them today against SDSU.

I think it's more likely to move to 9 then 14 as a lot of public money will go to FGCU.

Reaction Score
Im afraid the story ends on Friday with the preparation Donovan will have to prepare for FGCU but never ever say never ever

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Amazing story! But why would he ever want to leave a place like FGCU for UCLA when he already has more $ than he would ever need?
UCLA job sounds like a major headache!...win the PAC12 and get fired?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Hard for me to even try and defend MWC after this showing, so I won't.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Amazing story! But why would he ever want to leave a place like FGCU for UCLA when he already has more $ than he would ever need?
UCLA job sounds like a major headache!...win the PAC12 and get fired?

There's an awful lot of behind-the-scenes drama with UCLA and Howland.

Too much pressure to win led to some corners being cut which didn't lead to enough winning which led to the corners that were cut becoming an issue....vicious circle.

Enfeld has a very nice life right now and can be picky about when he goes and where - UCLA is probably not the place for a guy who doesn't need the money.

Reaction Score
What do we have against Miami? Besides the coach.
I want Duke and Syracuse out, otherwise I'm for whoever.
Blocking UConn from the ACC.
Being from the ACC.
Darius Rice.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Mountain West flat out embarrassed themselves in this tournament.

New Mexico flat out embarrassed itself. SDSU and CSU lost where they were supposed to. UNLV lost close to a Cal team that had played a lot of teams close this year. It was still a loss, but I would not say it was an embarrassing one. Boise lost a play-in game to a team that went on to be in the Sweet 16. No shame there.

I would say the MWC was more a disappointment than a flat out embarrassment.

The Big 10 is usually the league flat out embarrassing themselves. This year they are doing great. It's the Dance. S*** happens.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
New Mexico flat out embarrassed itself. SDSU and CSU lost where they were supposed to. UNLV lost close to a Cal team that had played a lot of teams close this year. It was still a loss, but I would not say it was an embarrassing one. Boise lost a play-in game to a team that went on to be in the Sweet 16. No shame there.

I would say the MWC was more a disappointment than a flat out embarrassment.

The Big 10 is usually the league flat out embarrassing themselves. This year they are doing great. It's the Dance. S*** happens.

5 teams in. 1 win total. 4 of 5 losses to double digits seeds. That's a complete mess.

SDSU lost when they were supposed to? They lost to a 15 that couldn't win their league.

UNLV would have lost to pretty much every team in the field above 13. You can set your watch to them.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
5 teams in. 1 win total. 4 of 5 losses to double digits seeds. That's a complete mess.

2 blowout wins over Big 12 schools, and only 2 losses to schools outside of the majors or the A10. You can't have it both ways with FGCU. Either they are a good team or SDSU had a bad loss.

I will fully agree that the New Mexico loss to a bad Harvard team was terrible. UNM should have won by 15 with its eyes closed.

Reaction Score
How does a team that got swept by Lipscomb and has 5 losses to schools 201+ do this?

I thought the same thing, then I said I don't even want to know, let it stay a mystery to me. I'm luvin it.

Reaction Score
One of the more amazing stats is that Florida is 28-7 on the year, and 0-7 in games decided by less than 10 points. They literally have not won a close game all year. Hopefully FGCU can keep it close and put the pressure on them.

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
more chicken dancing
thechickening_medium.gif

Reaction Score
One of the more amazing stats is that Florida is 28-7 on the year, and 0-7 in games decided by less than 10 points. They literally have not won a close game all year. Hopefully FGCU can keep it close and put the pressure on them.

This is actually one of the reasons I have confidence in Florida to win it all. They're a veteran team who's been to consecutive Elite 8's. They've been in every game they've played -- blown out by nobody. And just like the Orioles's record in 1-run games last year, I don't think Florida's poor record in close games is sustainable.

Unless, of course, there are systematic reasons that lead to them falling apart down the stretch in close games (kind of like our women's team). I hope I don't come to regret picking a Mike Rosario team to get it done in crunch time.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Anybody else think the FGCU eagle dance looks more like a bunch of drunken chickens? Love their game, but they've got to stop that dance. Way worse than the Lamb Shake.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

It helps when the pod sites are in Ohio and Michigan! Ask the ACC about Charlotte/Raleigh/Greensboro.

Reaction Score
This is actually one of the reasons I have confidence in Florida to win it all. They're a veteran team who's been to consecutive Elite 8's. They've been in every game they've played -- blown out by nobody. And just like the Orioles's record in 1-run games last year, I don't think Florida's poor record in close games is sustainable.

Unless, of course, there are systematic reasons that lead to them falling apart down the stretch in close games (kind of like our women's team). I hope I don't come to regret picking a Mike Rosario team to get it done in crunch time.

Its weird because they are driven by their guards which would usually indicate the skills to close games (free throws and shotmaking)

sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using tapatalk

Reaction Score
Anybody else think the FGCU eagle dance looks more like a bunch of drunken chickens? Love their game, but they've got to stop that dance. Way worse than the Lamb Shake.

You must be an old fart like me. Its cute, but I'm too old for cute. I just don't want to sound like a grandpa telling kids to stop dancing.

Reaction Score
I can honestly see G-Town and San Diego St., scheduling a series with them now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom