Fess Up. What Did You Do For Mojo Today? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fess Up. What Did You Do For Mojo Today?

Reaction Score
Game like this when big second half leads evaporate and as a fan at home your stuck with "stay with what got us here" or "I have to change it up".

For me it was getting back to my original sofa spot.

Sure the first 8-9 minutes were rough but I was calm enough to just sit there and watch and then UConn turned it on last 10 min of first half and first 10 min of second half. Early in the second half phone rang and it was appliance repair guy saying he was coming over to fix dishwasher (Clif notes: I was out of town for work and got call that dishwasher wasn't making hot water. I ordered up a heating element and changed it out. No joy. Had to go back out of town and had a repair guy come by for a diagnosis. Turns out it was the circuit board and turbidity sensor bad. Anywho, a 3 year dishwasher getting repaired is still way cheaper than a new dishwasher). While waiting for him to show up, I switched spots on sofa so I could see him pulling up to house. He shows up, I hit pause, get a few minutes behind and sit back down in spot #2. With about 3 min to go I switched back to original seat. When the dude finished up and wanted to get paid, I was tempted to just tell him to grab the checkbook from the table and write himself out a check. That was in 1st OT. Once he left, I was glued to seat position #1 for rest of game.
I got home right as the game started, didn't have time to have lunch, also really had to pee. I never left the couch for the next three hours. Nearly peed my pants.

Reaction Score
Prayed to the Lord about a few serious life issues for last 3 or 4 minutes of regulation to put the overall importance of this game into perspective ( my hands were jittery and I think I could see my heart beating through my shirt) . I braided my hair into 2 big corn rolls and ate a whole pizza and ordered a Woodford Reserve ( neat) during overtime and walked out of a bar in Louisville screaming U.....C.....O.......N.......N ... UConn , UConn , UConn !!! at the end of 1st overtime Then switched from watching to following on ESPN while riding my bike home.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Went to the restroom before the 2nd OT

When I saw the Huskies had the lead, I never went back into the arena

You're welcome

Had the Hershey Squirts. Got it. Regardless, it worked.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Prayed to the Lord about a few serious life issues for last 3 or 4 minutes of regulation to put the overall importance of this game into perspective ( my hands were jittery and I think I could see my heart beating through my shirt) . I braided my hair into 2 big corn rolls and ate a whole pizza and ordered a Woodford Reserve ( neat) during the 1st overtime and walked out of a bar in Louisville screaming U.....C.....O.......N.......N ... UConn , UConn , UConn !!! at the end of 1st overtime and then switched from watching to following on ESPN while riding my bike home.

Solid choices all around.

Apollo

step back from the ledge
Reaction Score
Cleaned up my living room for the first 2-3 minutes of each overtime.

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
Got my booster shot yesterday and limped through the day ever so slightly under the weather but fine enough to trudge through.
Then when we won I checked my phone and got a work email complement from one of the richest people in the world who I work for on a last minute project I did for him today.
And then Syracuse lost and the day keeps getting better. Maybe I’ll get some of that wife pootie later to cap the day off.

Reaction Score
My MOJO was to read the yard and pass on good tidings. I was fired up since 8AM twiddling my thumbs and waiting for the game. I am dog sitting my friend's dog, and he thought there was a fire alarm going on or something. He may have thought I was talking to him when I said "Let's Goooo" and clapped my hands, especially through the OTs. Needless to say, I slow rolled only two beers before the game to make sure I would enjoy it, and then the beam and cokes came out watching the game and boy was it a good day!

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Made my mother stay out of the living room, because every time she came in to watch the game Auburn scored.

Also kept drinking Modelo’s - when I was drinking them we would play well. In between beers we would lose the lead. Have to keep drinking.
Plot twist, you’re in high school.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Raked leaves before the game, raked leaves at halftime, raked leaves after the game.

Sadly, I have no more leaves to rake for future games, though perhaps I can rip open all my bags of leaves and spread them all over my lawn.
Good choice!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I got home right as the game started, didn't have time to have lunch, also really had to pee. I never left the couch for the next three hours. Nearly peed my pants.

That is stout. Bravo.

Reaction Score
Sorry y’all, this one’s on me. I’m flying to Michigan today to spend thanksgiving with extended family. Delta in-flight Wi-Fi doesn’t have live tv and the ESPN app isn’t working so I listened to the second half via MSU radio. Bad mojo all around :(

Last edited:

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Kept my wife out of the family room…didn't work.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom