Fess Up. What Did You Do For Mojo Today? | The Boneyard

Fess Up. What Did You Do For Mojo Today?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Game like this when big second half leads evaporate and as a fan at home your stuck with "stay with what got us here" or "I have to change it up".

For me it was getting back to my original sofa spot.

Sure the first 8-9 minutes were rough but I was calm enough to just sit there and watch and then UConn turned it on last 10 min of first half and first 10 min of second half. Early in the second half phone rang and it was appliance repair guy saying he was coming over to fix dishwasher (Clif notes: I was out of town for work and got call that dishwasher wasn't making hot water. I ordered up a heating element and changed it out. No joy. Had to go back out of town and had a repair guy come by for a diagnosis. Turns out it was the circuit board and turbidity sensor bad. Anywho, a 3 year dishwasher getting repaired is still way cheaper than a new dishwasher). While waiting for him to show up, I switched spots on sofa so I could see him pulling up to house. He shows up, I hit pause, get a few minutes behind and sit back down in spot #2. With about 3 min to go I switched back to original seat. When the dude finished up and wanted to get paid, I was tempted to just tell him to grab the checkbook from the table and write himself out a check. That was in 1st OT. Once he left, I was glued to seat position #1 for rest of game.

Reaction Score
Raked leaves before the game, raked leaves at halftime, raked leaves after the game.

Sadly, I have no more leaves to rake for future games, though perhaps I can rip open all my bags of leaves and spread them all over my lawn.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Sadly, I have no more leaves to rake for future games, though perhaps I can rip open all my bags of leaves and spread them all over my lawn.
I say go for it, Monsieur Defarge!

Reaction Score
Game like this when big second half leads evaporate and as a fan at home your stuck with "stay with what got us here" or "I have to change it up".

For me it was getting back to my original sofa spot.

Sure the first 8-9 minutes were rough but I was calm enough to just sit there and watch and then UConn turned it on last 10 min of first half and first 10 min of second half. Early in the second half phone rang and it was appliance repair guy saying he was coming over to fix dishwasher (Clif notes: I was out of town for work and got call that dishwasher wasn't making hot water. I ordered up a heating element and changed it out. No joy. Had to go back out of town and had a repair guy come by for a diagnosis. Turns out it was the circuit board and turbidity sensor bad. Anywho, a 3 year dishwasher getting repaired is still way cheaper than a new dishwasher). While waiting for him to show up, I switched spots on sofa so I could see him pulling up to house. He shows up, I hit pause, get a few minutes behind and sit back down in spot #2. With about 3 min to go I switched back to original seat. When the dude finished up and wanted to get paid, I was tempted to just tell him to grab the checkbook from the table and write himself out a check. That was in 1st OT. Once he left, I was glued to seat position #1 for rest of game.
Moved from my favorite spot on the sofa and sat on the ottoman and then moved again and settled on right side of the sofa for end of regulation and both OTs. Maybe I sit on the right side to start the game vs MSU (shoulder shrug).

Reaction Score
I put my phone on the charger out of the room when we went down 21-10 and didn't get it until the game ended

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
When I sat in our green chair, our Huskies looked awesome. If I got up and moved around, the team didn’t look great. I had stuff to do for family/Thanksgiving but shut it all down and planted myself in the green chair for the entire 2nd OT.

Reaction Score
Made my mother stay out of the living room, because every time she came in to watch the game Auburn scored.

Also kept drinking Modelo’s - when I was drinking them we would play well. In between beers we would lose the lead. Have to keep drinking.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I stood up in my living room and yelled a lot more than a normal person would. But my biggest doofus/nerdfan move was at the end of regulation, putting a 2nd layer, an alumni t-shirt on, under the UCONN hoodie. There were other reasons that I'm using to rationalize the move - had to leave the house for an overnight stay right after the game. But, yeah...

On the standing alone and yelling at the TV front, it made me remember standing in my off campus apt at Norwegian Wood, sick as death with the flu, screaming at the TV during the BET when Toraino Walker went off.

Reaction Score
Wore gear all day, few dabs, and then bet on the boys. I never gamble but felt we would win this regardless. Wasn’t counting on 2 OT but those factors allowed me to sit back and enjoy the outcome.

2014DualCs

#44 Kangaroo Jack
Reaction Score
I shotgunned a beer when we were down 8-10 early. Came storming back and took commanding lead. Shotgunned a few more to say the least.

@Chin Diesel I forget who said this loss would be on me if they lost…. but it’ll come to me. Did my part, and I now put the onus on you for Mich St. Happy to take it back for the ship once we win tomorrow :cool:

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Watched the game on mute with my Grandsons who provided all the commentary ineeded

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
late getting to watch, came in, turned it on, we're down 11.
polley drops a 3, turns to the camera and sez 'up yours, cliffy.'
a bit later, he drops another, turns to the camera and sez 'up urs, spliffy.'
after that, i knew we had it in the bag.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom