Female Sportscaster | The Boneyard

Female Sportscaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Does anyone know the name of the female broadcaster who said whenever Connecticut plays an important game it's always at home? Her first name is Julie, and she's a brunette. She broadcast the Duquesne vs. Fordham game on Sunday on the CBS Sports Network. I looked under CBS Sports Network Broadcasters but no luck. I spelled her name phonetically, but it didn't say do you mean . . . just nothing.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know the name of the female broadcaster who said whenever Connecticut plays an important game it's always at home? Her first name is Julie, and she's a brunette. She broadcast the Duquesne vs. Fordham game on Sunday on the CBS Sports Network. I looked under CBS Sports Network Broadcasters but no luck. I spelled her name phonetically, but it didn't say do you mean . . . just nothing.

Julianne Viani?

2015-0214_Stover.jpg

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Hard to believe Viani would say that. She played for Villanova and knows UConn doens't need any shortcuts.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Hard to believe Villani would say that. She played for Villanova and knows UConn doens't need any shortcuts.
I believe Julianne Viani played for Marist.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
Funny, I remember her saying something similar last year during one of the UConn games she did. As I recall, she said something like "well, UConn played South Carolina at home, but it'd be great to see UConn have to go down to South Carolina," as if she didn't realize that UConn was scheduled to make a return trip to Columbia in 2016. I think her commentary is usually fair to UConn in other respects, but that complaint about the home game struck me as odd.

Reaction Score
Thank you for the name those of you who posted it. The comment was made last year. I was flipping through channels for something to watch and saw the Duquesne vs. Fordham game.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I believe Julianne Viani played for Marist.
The fact that she played for Marist might explain the complaint actually. Uconn and Marist talked a few times about playing, but Uconn was only interested in playing them in CT - their home court did not register as 'new territory' for recruiting/exposure and was too small to be attractive as an away 'home' game for western CT Uconn fans. Marist rightly felt they had arrived as a competitive team that deserved to play home and home with any OOC teams they scheduled. If that got discussed by the players, I could understand it sticking in her mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom