Felton Blackwell and Nazir Williams pulled over taken into custody (Daily Campus Link) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Felton Blackwell and Nazir Williams pulled over taken into custody (Daily Campus Link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I thought weed was decriminalized.

Haven't read through the rest of this thread yet to see if this question was answered. Yes, it was decriminalized. No, that does not mean it is legal.

You can still be ticketed for it if it's under a half an ounce. All decriminalization means, at least in terms of possession of weed, is that the court system didn't want to be bothered with having people fill up the docket on minor drug charges because it used to be a mandatory court appearance. So it's now a mail-in fine. Like a speeding ticket. Just like possession of alcohol by a minor is now treated.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Is this a joke? Who cares about a BB gun? I feel bad for the kids. Hartford Courant publishes an article with your faces on it and the headline "UConn Players Suspended After Weapons Arrests." How many people will actually read the article? Totally unfair headline. No one keeps the orange thing on their BB gun. Man, I hope these kids stay on the team.
Come on, Phil.
I hope things work out for these two, but a BB gun is a BB gun when a 10 year old is shooting Pepsi cans in the back yard.
When you're out bangin' with weed and a bottle, it's not a BB gun. It's a facsimile. It's intimidating if you need it.
When you're a baller, you don't need it. When you're where you should be, doing what you should be, you don't need a gun...BB or not. When the BB gun is in your hand, especially without the orange cap, you're armed and dangerous. You get what you get at that point.
They are lucky. They are still alive to get whatever punishment is coming to them.
It sucks, but it's not some media conspiracy. These are two guys who made stupid, selfish choices. They let the team down. Thug life doesn't play well here.

Reaction Score
Come on, Phil.
I hope things work out for these two, but a BB gun is a BB gun when a 10 year old is shooting Pepsi cans in the back yard.
When you're out bangin' with weed and a bottle, it's not a BB gun. It's a facsimile. It's intimidating if you need it.
When you're a baller, you don't need it. When you're where you should be, doing what you should be, you don't need a gun...BB or not. When the BB gun is in your hand, especially without the orange cap, you're armed and dangerous. You get what you get at that point.
They are lucky. They are still alive to get whatever punishment is coming to them.
It sucks, but it's not some media conspiracy. These are two guys who made stupid, selfish choices. They let the team down. Thug life doesn't play well here.

Why BB guns are not required to have orange tips

Reaction Score
Part of me agrees. The other part of me hates to see non-violent offenders have their lives potentially ruined. I'd like to know more about the BB gun
Their lives won't be ruined. It may be a kick in the ass they need to correct their lives. Besides they haven't played so it is unlikely they were going to play this season anyway. Life lessons.

Reaction Score
Correct but still illegal to be carried in the passenger compartment in CT - may not have been an issue if locked in trunk.

No I agree it's still stupid and illegal but for everyone inferring that it was being used for nefarious purposes since the orange cap was removed is just misinformed.

Reaction Score
No I agree it's still stupid and illegal but for everyone inferring that it was being used for nefarious purposes since the orange cap was removed is just misinformed.

Yup... But if it was an airsoft gun and not a BB gun as reported then to transport it requires the orange tip (also safer in trunk and not in center console or glove compartment). You'd be surprised how many time I've come upon them on people or in motor vehicles during medical/accident calls over the years and have to have LE remove them (no me job).

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Bad boys, bad boys
Whatcha gonna do?
Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?

Doesn't sound good.

Nothing that most people here didn't do while in college (or, for some, the past few hours). I hope they weren't driving drunk.

But I don't get the gun charge.

EDIT: The kid was too big to fit in the police car, so they had to call for a van? How big is the kid?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nothing that most people here didn't do while in college (or, for some, the past few hours). I hope they weren't driving drunk.

But I don't get the gun charge.

EDIT: The kid was too big to fit in the police car, so they had to call for a van? How big is the kid?
He was about 330-340 in the preseason.

C

Chief00

Is this a joke? Who cares about a BB gun? I feel bad for the kids. Hartford Courant publishes an article with your faces on it and the headline "UConn Players Suspended After Weapons Arrests." How many people will actually read the article? Totally unfair headline. No one keeps the orange thing on their BB gun. Man, I hope these kids stay on the team.
I agree.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
He was about 330-340 in the preseason.

Ok, but he fit into the car that was pulled over. Not sure why he wouldn't fit in the police car.

Reaction Score
Ok, but he fit into the car that was pulled over. Not sure why he wouldn't fit in the police car.

Police don't tend to move seats up or back to make you comfortable.

Reaction Score
IF, the car had cage, it is almost impossible for someone his size to fit, handcuffed behind his back and not laying across the seat, which wouldn't have been possible with the other kid in there.

Reaction Score
Part of me agrees. The other part of me hates to see non-violent offenders have their lives potentially ruined. I'd like to know more about the BB gun
This is the one that most warrants the suspension. Do you need a license for a BB gun? I read in one of the articles that the BB gun didn't have proper neon markings that denote that it isn't a real gun. (Edit: just read that article. Interesting, never heard that before.) Also, while weed and alcohol are nonviolent offenses, they ARE violations of team rules, and Diaco has to hold his players to that standard, even if it's not something that's legally all that wrong. Also, we have to find out whether or not the driver was under the influence of anything. Though there's no evidence of that right now, that would bring the offense to an entirely different level.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Why do you think the BB gun warrants a suspension?

This is the one that most warrants the suspension. Do you need a license for a BB gun? I read in one of the articles that the BB gun didn't have proper neon markings that denote that it isn't a real gun. (Edit: just read that article. Interesting, never heard that before.) Also, while weed and alcohol are nonviolent offenses, they ARE violations of team rules, and Diaco has to hold his players to that standard, even if it's not something that's legally all that wrong. Also, we have to find out whether or not the driver was under the influence of anything. Though there's no evidence of that right now, that would bring the offense to an entirely different level.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Guess Blackwell was dismissed from UConn

Reaction Score
Compared to the PP regime, very few Diaco recruits have not made it to campus or were dismissed.

Maybe so but the the top recruits in their respective classes end up not coming (Rose, Ulizio, Ryslik, Pettus-Dixon). Blackwell wasn't a headliner but was going to be vital in replacing Mikal Myers.

Reaction Score
Maybe so but the the top recruits in their respective classes end up not coming (Rose, Ulizio, Ryslik, Pettus-Dixon). Blackwell wasn't a headliner but was going to be vital in replacing Mikal Myers.

Agree that with Blackwell and Ryslik gone, DTs are in short supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom