Felton Blackwell and Nazir Williams pulled over taken into custody (Daily Campus Link) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Felton Blackwell and Nazir Williams pulled over taken into custody (Daily Campus Link)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So these idiots were driving around drunk and high with a toy.... we can't even get arrested like a big time program. UConn gonna UConn

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Hey, so maybe they wanted to drink and get high while shooting squrells outside their dorm?? Haha... Terrible. Will be interesting to see how Diaco handles this on the Coach's Show tonight. I'm sure Joe D. will tread lightly on the subject.

Reaction Score
Didn't we learn this in 2005 with Tyvon Branch, Donta Moore, Marvin Taylor, Dan Davis, and Danny Lansanah? I think they actually shot some windows out even another car - like a drive by on an old lady.

Reaction Score
Very curious to see how Diaco handles this.

>>UConn athletics released a statement Thursday morning regarding the arrest of the two student-athletes and announcing that the two have been immediately suspended.

“University of Connecticut Director of Athletics David Benedict and head football coach Bob Diaco are aware of the incident that took place Wednesday night and take these allegations very seriously. The safety of our student-athletes and University community is of the utmost concern for the UConn Division of Athletics," the statement said. "UConn football student-athletes Felton Blackwell and Nazir Williams have been immediately suspended. The UConn Division of Athletics will work with the University during the investigation process until the situation is resolved.”<<

Reaction Score
There's no evidence they were not arrested for driving while intoxicated. Driving while possessing weed and alcohol is miles away from driving while consuming weed and alcohol on the severity scale.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Didn't we learn this in 2005 with Tyvon Branch, Donta Moore, Marvin Taylor, Dan Davis, and Danny Lansanah? I think they actually shot some windows out even another car - like a drive by on an old lady.
That was 11 years and 3 Administrations ago. These kids were 8 years old in 2005 and UConn was in an AQ conference.

Husky25

Reaction Score
This is not a good thing for the program and bad timing.

One of the strengths of Diaco is that he apparently doesn't allow for any funny business. So they should not expect much leniency.

I understand that students, athletes or others, come to college from diverse backgrounds. In these backgrounds may be exposure to crime. One would hope being at a great campus like Storrs would help them mature and evolve. Hope these young men continue to mature.
You were hoping for Shirreffs and Verducci, weren't you?

Reaction Score
Here is my theory:

- DUMB
- They are possibly dealers
- They had a bb gun thinking it's a way around having a real gun that appears to be a real gun. Scare tactic if in a rut.
- They are done with football.

Go ahead, have at me.

Reaction Score
There's no evidence they were not arrested for driving while intoxicated. Driving while possessing weed and alcohol is miles away from driving while consuming weed and alcohol on the severity scale.
The fact that the cops stated they smelled the weed most likely means they were under the influence. In any case I know that use of alcohol (legally or not) during the season is a violation of team rules. My guess is the same applies to weed. They will punished at the very least by the team.

Reaction Score
The fact that the cops stated they smelled the weed most likely means they were under the influence. In any case I know that use of alcohol (legally or not) during the season is a violation of team rules. My guess is the same applies to weed. They will punished at the very least by the team.
Weed is ridiculously smelly, even when not being used. Having a bag of it is more than enough to produce a noticeable smell. You're exactly right these are all violations of team rules as well as laws. I'm only commenting that they were not arrested for driving while intoxicated, as one other poster had suggested, but instead for possessing weed and alcohol. Possessing weed and alcohol falls into the bad decision/team rules violation category. Driving while intoxicated falls into the immediately throw the guy off the team and put him in jail category.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Under 1/2 ounce is an infraction.
From the Courant Article:

Nazir K. Williams, 19, of Bridgton, N.J., was charged with weapons in a motor vehicle, possession of less than a half-ounce of marijuana and possession of alcohol by a minor, the report said.

Felton Alfonzo Blackwell III, also 19, of Mays Landing, N.J., was charged with weapons in a motor vehicle.

I wonder where the DC got their info. Four ounces is quite a bit. If they were caught with that, they would have likely been charged with Intent. Just a tad more serious.

Reaction Score
From the Courant Article:

Nazir K. Williams, 19, of Bridgton, N.J., was charged with weapons in a motor vehicle, possession of less than a half-ounce of marijuana and possession of alcohol by a minor, the report said.

Felton Alfonzo Blackwell III, also 19, of Mays Landing, N.J., was charged with weapons in a motor vehicle.

I wonder where the DC got their info. Four ounces is quite a bit. If they were caught with that, they would have likely been charged with Intent. Just a tad more serious.

Daily Campus reported 4 Grams - not 4 ounces

Reaction Score
Yeah the weapon is far more concerning to me than the drugs and alcohol. Honestly, if you aren't doing a bit of drugs and alcohol in college, you're doing it wrong. Plus, it prepares you for spending the next 45 years in the workforce.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Daily Campus reported 4 Grams - not 4 ounces
A ha. I misread.

My smoking days have long since passed, but according to Google, 1 oz. is 28 grams and a gram is enough for a blunt. They were probably caught with what was left of a dimebag. These guys are probably not dealers as someone suggested above.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm not going to comment on the weed. I don't like it and don't understand why anyone would but to each his own.

On the vodka, driving around with it is beyond stupid. Drinking (underage) in your dorm is one thing, operating a vehicle makes it an entirely different issue.

There is valid reason to be angry with the poor decision making on both operating a vehicle and partaking in season, with a game a few days away in both weed and alcohol.

The BB gun is something a school from the south would laugh at but here it will be taken quite seriously. We look at things differently, therefore we have different rules.

I wish the kids luck. At Bama, FSU et al their futures would hinge on whether the open scholarships would hold more value than the players. Here it will be entirely on how we want to present the athletic department as a whole.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Weed is ridiculously smelly, even when not being used. Having a bag of it is more than enough to produce a noticeable smell. You're exactly right these are all violations of team rules as well as laws. I'm only commenting that they were not arrested for driving while intoxicated, as one other poster had suggested, but instead for possessing weed and alcohol. Possessing weed and alcohol falls into the bad decision/team rules violation category. Driving while intoxicated falls into the immediately throw the guy off the team and put him in jail category.

Isn't having an open container of alcohol in a vehicle more or less an automatic DWI? They can still charge them, but if they didn't yet then they may have gone pretty easy on them.

I can't really chalk this up to..."ahh the dumb mistakes that kids make". An unopened bottle of Vodka? Sure. Maybe even the 4 grams of weed in this climate. A BB gun without the other two, even that is no big deal. The combination of these suggests two not very nice people planning to do some not very nice things. That's the optics.

Reaction Score
A ha. I misread.

My smoking days have long since passed, but according to Google, 1 oz. is 28 grams and a gram is enough for a blunt. They were probably caught with what was left of a dimebag. These guys are probably not dealers as someone suggested above.

4 grams +/- = 1/8 ounce +/- ... $35 +/-

Reaction Score
Here is my theory:

- DUMB
- They are possibly dealers
- They had a bb gun thinking it's a way around having a real gun that appears to be a real gun. Scare tactic if in a rut.
- They are done with football.

Go ahead, have at me.

Yeah any black person with weed is a drug dealer, everyone knows that. moron

Reaction Score
Yeah any black person with weed is a drug dealer, everyone knows that. moron

Self control dude...

self control.jpg

... you gave him the response he was fishing for.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
The kicker is being pulled over in front of a Daily Campus reporter. Because they loooooooove athletes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom