Feeling Spoiled and Arrogant Today | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Feeling Spoiled and Arrogant Today

Reaction Score
Today is a good day to be alive. I sat down at an Irish pub for my traditional Guinness and corned beef dinner. Listened to Kenny Smith say "Watch out UConn". The couple next to me responded so I told them that I graduated from UConn. Turns out they were from Stratford and now live in Florida like myself and are UConn fans. Good conversation and good drink. Nice Irish Lass waiting on me as well. As an Irish lad I always enjoy St. Paddy's day but even more so when UConn is playing. Let's go.

Reaction Score
The 45 bus is $3 each way :D

I'd wager you'll run into some UConn fans today. Golden Gate Tap Room will be rocking today and is in Union Square, although they might have a cover. Ace's is fun too (NY bar) and will be less crowded. Dm me if you need any recommendations.
I’m actually staying across the street from golden gate in the Cartwright. Good mention as far as the cover; I was strongly considering going there.

I’m getting lunch at Sam Wo but I’m starting to lean towards heading your way after

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Today is a good day to be alive. I sat down at an Irish pub for my traditional Guinness and corned beef dinner. Listened to Kenny Smith say "Watch out UConn". The couple next to me responded so I told them that I graduated from UConn. Turns out they were from Stratford and now live in Florida like myself and are UConn fans. Good conversation and good drink. Nice Irish Lass waiting on me as well. As an Irish lad I always enjoy St. Paddy's day but even more so when UConn is playing. Let's go.
Last week my wife made corn beef cabbage, potatoes, and carrots and a day or so later shepherds pie, both were delicious by the way, but when I asked her why she decided to make them, she said “for St. Patrick’s Day.”

I was like…

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Sometimes it’s best just to take another mouth full of shepherds pie and nod.

Reaction Score
Last week my wife made corn beef cabbage, potatoes, and carrots and a day or so later shepherds pie, both were delicious by the way, but when I asked her why she decided to make them, she said “for St. Patrick’s Day.”

I was like…

As my mother used to say, “if you can’t say anything nice then don’t say anything at all”. Great advice but not always easy to follow.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

I was like…

It reminds me of the old philosophical question:

"if a tree falls in the forest and nobody hears it, is the husband still wrong"?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

"if a tree falls in the forest and nobody hears it, is the husband still wrong"?
“ I told you that tree was going to fall.”

Reaction Score
Happy St. Paddy's Day all.

I'm spending the day at home in front of the TV. My Irish father is probably rolling in his grave. I'll venture out after our game and hope I can find a barstool someplace. Stinkin' X better win this one. Upsets everywhere.

EDIT: My brother is in Albany today for the game. Wish I was.

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score

I’m not a married man, but years of observation have led me to the conclusion that if a sentence ends in “is the husband still wrong” the answer is always “yes.”

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I’m not a married man, but years of observation have led me to the conclusion that if a sentence ends in “is the husband still wrong” the answer is always “yes.”
This is the way!

Reaction Score
@Mike Honcho all they have is miller high life here. No miller lite. This can’t do.

Nice enough place but it’s a UK bar?? What mojo black hole have I been lured to???

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Does saying not thrilled with the announcing crew today count?
Haven’t heard any discussion of Douglas Firs. I’ll give them that.

I have spoken!

Reaction Score
I can’t tell to what degree this bartender is coked up and drunk

I feel like he’s due for another bump because he’s looking more drunk

Edit as he takes what looks like a shot of fernets

Edit 2 yup just pantomimed taking a bump off his hand to a customer

Edit 3 he has two college grad daughters

Edit 4 he’s just passing out this odd concoction of Jameson, peach Schnapps and green food coloring

Last edited:

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
@Mike Honcho all they have is miller high life here. No miller lite. This can’t do.

Nice enough place but it’s a UK bar?? What mojo black hole have I been lured to???
this is hilarious and an oversight but I'm proud to report we did our job for the mojo and it worked. nice kicking it with you @Rocktheworld

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom