fed up uconn fan. | The Boneyard

fed up uconn fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
National media give us some respect! Why aren't we viewed in the same light as Alabama football? We compete against 360 other d1 basketball programs ever year. We've won 4 national ships over the past 15 years, 2 in the last 4 years. Its the greatest feat in college athletics. Wheres our respect? im fed up. Is it about dollars or results?

UconnU

Reaction Score
Basketball isn't football.

AAC isn't SEC.

Also, this is a very random yet exhausted topic
So is your argument that we are getting the respect we deserve?

UconnU

Reaction Score
Even if the argument football is the end all be all. Our basketball program been so dominant we deserve some respect. We receive no respect. We deserve at least Duke level respect? I hope dukie V calls the uconn duke game so when we put them in their place he hss to acknowledge it.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
National media give us some respect! Why aren't we viewed in the same light as Alabama football? We compete against 360 other d1 basketball programs ever year. We've won 4 national ships over the past 15 years, 2 in the last 4 years. Its the greatest feat in college athletics. Wheres our respect? im fed up. Is it about dollars or results?
Who specifically isn't giving us respect?

Reaction Score
images

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If Warde was doing his job, we'd have a white-out against Assumption to pump the fans up! Promotion, people! Hello! We don't need to recruit good players, but we do it anyway because rankings are bulls--- and our coaching staff finds diamonds in the rough except when they find diamonds just sitting out there in the open. The Civil war would have ended a lot faster if George Meade had just pressed Lee after Gettysburg. You can't let him get to the Potomac. Ridiculous. For my money, the best pizza in New Haven is made by that Italian guy who's related to the other Italian guy who makes pizza in New Haven.

We need an on-campus football stadium, you guys.

Reaction Score
Is this a joke or a bad Halloween costume, or both?

It would be great to go to the annual meetings in Newport (a riot they're there) and listen to the ADs pretend that this is a good conference.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
If Warde was doing his job, we'd have a white-out against Assumption to pump the fans up! Promotion, people! Hello!

We don't need to recruit good players, but we do it anyway because rankings are bulls--- and our coaching staff finds diamonds in the rough except when they find diamonds just sitting out there in the open.

We need an on-campus football stadium, you guys.
We need an on-campus football stadium and a Mega Lo Mart.

Reaction Score
Fishy said:
If Warde was doing his job, we'd have a white-out against Assumption to pump the fans up! Promotion, people! Hello! We don't need to recruit good players, but we do it anyway because rankings are bulls--- and our coaching staff finds diamonds in the rough except when they find diamonds just sitting out there in the open. The Civil war would have ended a lot faster if George Meade had just pressed Lee after Gettysburg. You can't let him get to the Potomac. Ridiculous. For my money, the best pizza in New Haven is made by that Italian guy who's related to the other Italian guy who makes pizza in New Haven. We need an on-campus football stadium, you guys.

And bring back the press!

Reaction Score
And you know guys, I'm just so fed up with it, and my feelings in this matter are so important to everyone here, I'm going to create a thread about it.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Fishy said:
If Warde was doing his job, we'd have a white-out against Assumption to pump the fans up! Promotion, people! Hello! We don't need to recruit good players, but we do it anyway because rankings are bulls--- and our coaching staff finds diamonds in the rough except when they find diamonds just sitting out there in the open. The Civil war would have ended a lot faster if George Meade had just pressed Lee after Gettysburg. You can't let him get to the Potomac. Ridiculous. For my money, the best pizza in New Haven is made by that Italian guy who's related to the other Italian guy who makes pizza in New Haven. We need an on-campus football stadium, you guys.

You forgot the obligatory donut jokes.

Reaction Score
And just how are we supposed to "not take it anymore?"

Can't speak about football but EVERY Div 1 basketball team respects UConn. Peer respect is much more important than media respect.

Sadly, these threads make us sound like Cinderella.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score

We haven't anywhere near the level of success in the regular season that AL football has.

If we went 32-1 last season and went 32-2 in the Kemba season, the level of respect would be different.

Reaction Score
I like that no one talks about us, honestly. It's part of what keeps the team hungry. If we were to become some sort of media darling, the mojo would be gone.

I don't think it matters either way.. the 99 and 04 teams (as well as the 06 team) were highly regarded by the media and considered serious title contenders all year, if not the outright favorite.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
We're the best college basketball program of the new millennium, and plus 1.

We're the defending national champs

We're the best program in the history of the women's game, which generates a lot of positive press.

Our alum represent our nation in international competition.

Nobody has to tell me we're good as I look down on the rest of the CBB universe. I know it and they know it too.

We're Uconn, and they're not

Reaction Score
We haven't anywhere near the level of success in the regular season that AL football has.

If we went 32-1 last season and went 32-2 in the Kemba season, the level of respect would be different.
This is a good point.

Ultimately championships are what matter, but when you finish in a 3-way tie for third in a conference no one pays much attention to, that's going to limit your exposure. Especially when you lose to Houston and lose by 33 to Louisville.

In our last two championship runs we've come from "out of nowhere", which was definitely exciting, but it's not always going to win you the respect you're talking about.

Reaction Score
Maybe our conference will be better than we have been led to believe.

Reaction Score
I like that no one talks about us, honestly. It's part of what keeps the team hungry. If we were to become some sort of media darling, the mojo would be gone.
Exactly. We would be Duke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020