fed up uconn fan. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

fed up uconn fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If Warde was doing his job, we'd have a white-out against Assumption to pump the fans up! Promotion, people! Hello! We don't need to recruit good players, but we do it anyway because rankings are bulls--- and our coaching staff finds diamonds in the rough except when they find diamonds just sitting out there in the open. The Civil war would have ended a lot faster if George Meade had just pressed Lee after Gettysburg. You can't let him get to the Potomac. Ridiculous. For my money, the best pizza in New Haven is made by that Italian guy who's related to the other Italian guy who makes pizza in New Haven.

They've currently happened on a very valuable Diamond sitting right out there for all to see. Hopefully they can steal this one.

pj

Reaction Score
If Warde was doing his job, we'd have a white-out against Assumption to pump the fans up! Promotion, people! Hello! We don't need to recruit good players, but we do it anyway because rankings are bulls--- and our coaching staff finds diamonds in the rough except when they find diamonds just sitting out there in the open. The Civil war would have ended a lot faster if George Meade had just pressed Lee after Gettysburg. You can't let him get to the Potomac. Ridiculous. For my money, the best pizza in New Haven is made by that Italian guy who's related to the other Italian guy who makes pizza in New Haven.

We need an on-campus football stadium, you guys.

I thought HuskyFanFishy got banned? Welcome back, HFF!

Reaction Score

We need an on-campus football stadium, you guys.

And all of it must be done it 20 minutes, or else.

Reaction Score
Losing to Louisville in the ACC sweepstakes was huge. I heard Frank DeFord the other day talking about the NCAA and the new alignments and he mentioned that the current NCAA basketball champ is Connecticut and they aren't in a power conference. He was talking about how the tournament is great because the mid-majors pull off upsets, then went on to talk about UConn being the defending champ and not even being from a major conference, as if we were some kind of a A-10 program that had never won anything before, not a 4 time champ. Saw the same thing last year when the AAC teams pretty much landed in the same bracket, and got lousy seeds. Unfortunately, over time, perception becomes reality I think and our reality isn't going to be so good.

Reaction Score
Losing to Louisville in the ACC sweepstakes was huge. I heard Frank DeFord the other day talking about the NCAA and the new alignments and he mentioned that the current NCAA basketball champ is Connecticut and they aren't in a power conference. He was talking about how the tournament is great because the mid-majors pull off upsets, then went on to talk about UConn being the defending champ and not even being from a major conference, as if we were some kind of a A-10 program that had never won anything before, not a 4 time champ. Saw the same thing last year when the AAC teams pretty much landed in the same bracket, and got lousy seeds. Unfortunately, over time, perception becomes reality I think and our reality isn't going to be so good.

Unless we continue to win and the rest of the league is improved by the success of UConn, Cincy, Memphis, etc. If teams like Houston and Temple get back to even being in the neighborhood of what they used to be, and SMU's resurgence is for real, that type of exposure should help the ECUs and the Tulanes of the world, and we could be looking at a real league.

Reaction Score
Raise your hand if you're shocked by freescooter predicting doom and gloom for UConn.

*crickets*

Reaction Score
National media give us some respect! Why aren't we viewed in the same light as Alabama football? We compete against 360 other d1 basketball programs ever year. We've won 4 national ships over the past 15 years, 2 in the last 4 years. Its the greatest feat in college athletics. Wheres our respect? im fed up. Is it about dollars or results?

Why do people give a about all of this nonsense? I could care less what league I'm in what others say about Uconn etc... the bottom line is we have 5 final fours--10 elite eights 4 national championships from the Men side and even more success from the women's. The Uconn program combined is the most dominant basketball school in the history of college hoops and it's not close. 20 Final Fours 13 championships combined in the last 20 years how many 30 win seasons undefeated streak and this program came out of no where on both sides. Uconn is the standard and we still do it without the recruiting advantages on the mens side that other teams have. I believe strongly we will continue to win again of course the women and I think the men as well. So chill and just be happy and dont give a crp what other schools or conferences do.

Reaction Score
... I heard Frank DeFord the other day talking about the NCAA and the new alignments and he mentioned that the current NCAA basketball champ is Connecticut and they aren't in a power conference. He was talking about how the tournament is great because the mid-majors pull off upsets, then went on to talk about UConn being the defending champ and not even being from a major conference, as if we were some kind of a A-10 program ...

Meh. Deford can be a meathead at times. I wonder how many sportscasters ever listen critically to what they say.

Reaction Score
Why do people give a about all of this nonsense? I could care less what league I'm in what others say about Uconn etc... the bottom line is we have 5 final fours--10 elite eights 4 national championships from the Men side and even more success from the women's. The Uconn program combined is the most dominant basketball school in the history of college hoops and it's not close. 20 Final Fours 13 championships combined in the last 20 years how many 30 win seasons undefeated streak and this program came out of no where on both sides. Uconn is the standard and we still do it without the recruiting advantages on the mens side that other teams have. I believe strongly we will continue to win again of course the women and I think the men as well. So chill and just be happy and dont give a crp what other schools or conferences do.

Unhappily we don't live in some exotic island. I am very proud and happy that our school has all the championships but the fact remains that we are not in a power conference and thereby we are in weak financial and recruiting disadvantage. There is no question the FB program the last 3 years hurt us. But for UConn to prosper and be relevant in the future we need to be part of the conversation, which as the OP pointed out we are not. So I tend to agree with freescooter about perception is reality to lots of people.

Reaction Score
National media give us some respect! Why aren't we viewed in the same light as Alabama football? We compete against 360 other d1 basketball programs ever year. We've won 4 national ships over the past 15 years, 2 in the last 4 years. Its the greatest feat in college athletics. Wheres our respect? im fed up. Is it about dollars or results?

Let me ask you a question, and I'm honestly curious to hear your answer. Why do you care if the national media gives us respect? Does it really matter to you that some blowhard on ESPN doesnt talk about us as much as Duke or Kentucky?

Reaction Score
I see it more so a testament to the fact that you don't have to have a full regular season of (Old) Big East/ACC/B1G games to prepare you for the rigors of the tournament.

Reaction Score
I think the honest answer is that while we have had great NCAA runs, we have not really been dominant in the regular season or won a string of conference titles. We also don't bring in as many high profile recruits as other programs. As a result we mostly get mentioned in April. While other programs get mentioned the other 11 months. I don't mind that one bit.

Reaction Score
Unhappily we don't live in some exotic island. I am very proud and happy that our school has all the championships but the fact remains that we are not in a power conference and thereby we are in weak financial and recruiting disadvantage. There is no question the FB program the last 3 years hurt us. But for UConn to prosper and be relevant in the future we need to be part of the conversation, which as the OP pointed out we are not. So I tend to agree with freescooter about perception is reality to lots of people.

Dude stop listen and think. We have 20 final fours 13 championships undefeated seasons dozens of 1st round picks NBA all stars year after year in both the NBA anb WNBA. You're spoiled dude!

Reaction Score
I'm a huge Frank Deford fan but he's 400 years old and probably hasn't watched a basketball game since John Stockton was wearing short shorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom