Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Missed this Shane Laflin breakdown of the McDAA's:

F/W Ayanna Patterson
Homestead HS (Ind.)
2022 espnW 100 ranking: 4
Signed with: UConn

Patterson arguably has the most jumping and leaping ability in the class. She has gone viral with two-handed dunks off of two feet. She is quick, fast and powerful. She can handle the ball like a guard, post up and knock down the jumper out to the 3. UConn is getting a player with some major potential next season.

F/P Isuneh Brady
Cathedral Catholic HS (Calif.)
2022 espnW 100 ranking: 5
Signed with: UConn

Brady is a smooth operator with an old-school feel to her game. She can be powerful inside while also being a threat to knock down the 3-pointer. Her passing ability might help her most beyond just her physicality when she gets to UConn. When a team can run its offense through a forward or post, things really open up on the floor.

Reaction Score
Can't tell which player I'm more excited about. Ice seems more ready for next year but Ayanna has tremendous potential. The key is to find roles for them where they can contribute. Overall, we get bigger next year. More of a physical matchup with South Carolina.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Can't tell which player I'm more excited about. Ice seems more ready for next year but Ayanna has tremendous potential. The key is to find roles for them where they can contribute. Overall, we get bigger next year. More of a physical matchup with South Carolina.

Unless Dorka returns, UConn gets smaller.

ONO, Dorka, > Ice, AP

Reaction Score
Unless Dorka returns, UConn gets smaller.

ONO, Dorka, > Ice, AP
very true but still have two 6'5"s on the bench..........trading 6'5 and 6'4" for 6'3" and a 6'2" who plays like a 6'5"

Reaction Score
very true but still have two 6'5"s on the bench..........trading 6'5 and 6'4" for 6'3" and a 6'2" who plays like a 6'5"
Enjoy watching Dorka but she can play soft under the basket against rough players as we saw in the Tenn game today. Unlike Edwards, against Top 10 bigs Dorka rarely comes out of the scrums under the basket with the ball. With the recruits we have coming in, this should not be an issue. Suspect we will see an aggressive DeBerry next year as well.

Reaction Score
Would be great to see this eventual replay link posted, if possible. Thanks for those with such access (Sluconn, etc. ;))

Can’t wait to watch!
I know one time they played this year and Shade's team crushed AP's. The big difference was the guard play imo.

Reaction Score
Shade's team beat Homestead pretty badly last time. Gotta love Indiana basketball just for the fan reactions alone. They go crazy there!

Reaction Score
Tjhe best shot Homestead has is just to throw the ball long to Ayanna once they get near half court. They just can't get the ball to Ayanna in a position to score. If the ball is in the air, Ayanna is gonna get it.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Geno should mail a link to the Tenn game's replay to every perspective recruit. Shows off the best of UConn.
I have to think that any recruit who is seriously considering UConn (and being considered by UConn) will have either watched or DVR'ed this game. They know enough about WBB history to realize that it is significant, not to mention that both teams were Top 10 in the rankings at the beginning of the day.

Reaction Score
Shade has more talent around her by a decent margin. They will press hard led by Shade and I'm not sure what Homestead can do to counter that.
I was thinking in that game to put AP in the backcourt and have her a part of the solution to bring the ball up vs pressure. Sort of like the old days with Charde. Then have her settle near the FT Line.

I agree about Homestead in regards to their guards. I think they are a bit overmatched. You can though practice the hell out of it- and on a given day and beat it. Have seen over the years pressure teams get beat by inferior teams. But tht tis a crapshoot.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I was thinking in that game to put AP in the backcourt and have her a part of the solution to bring the ball up vs pressure. Sort of like the old days with Charde. Then have her settle near the FT Line.

I agree about Homestead in regards to their guards. I think they are a bit overmatched. You can though practice the hell out of it- and on a given day and beat it. Have seen over the years pressure teams get beat by inferior teams. But tht tis a crapshoot.

Not a good idea. AP's not a guard by any stretch.

Patterson's been on an absolute tear so if Homestead can counter the press they have a shot. Last year's game came down to Shade's great pass for the winning shot at the buzzer.

Reaction Score
Not a good idea. AP's not a guard by any stretch.

Patterson's been on an absolute tear so if Homestead can counter the press they have a shot. Last year's game came down to Shade's great pass for the winning shot at the buzzer.
Well whatever. I would look into AP doing that as an option. Don't need to be a guard to get the ball over half court and the reason of AP to do it is to counter the press because the guards might not be able to while AP can get the ball over half court. Then get the ball to a guard to set up the offense over half court.

I just hope they both play lights out.

Reaction Score
If I were Ayanna, I'd shoot the damm ball and follow my shot to get the rebound. If she doesn't make it there is a very good chance she gets the rebound. She completely dominates the boards. She'd get more rebounds and points if anyone could get her the ball down low.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2/5

Sahara Williams: 24 points, 7 assists, 4 steals

Britt Prince: 29 points (11-18 FG), 5 rebounds, 3 assists, 3 steals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors