February 2021 UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

February 2021 UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think Charles was more of a pure post player whereas Edwards is a bit more versatile. I liken JE to a mixture of Aaliyah Edwards and Swin Cash in terms of type of player.
I meant her facial attributes.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Any idea what kind of competition Del Rosario is playing against there in NJ?
Not sure about this season because of COVID but TCA usually plays a pretty good schedule which includes best in NJ Private (Masaquan, St. John Vianney, Blair ) and private schools as well as NYC area schools.

Reaction Score
Not sure about this season because of COVID but TCA usually plays a pretty good schedule which includes best in NJ Private (Masaquan, St. John Vianney, Blair ) and private schools as well as NYC area schools.
Thanks. That would be really good for her. The big kids especially really need to be pushed. I have to believe UConn has been on her for awhile and '23 would be a good time for another aircraft carrier.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Is she as good as Ono was as a high school senior? Do you expect her to play much her first two seasons?
Keep in mind that ONO was recovering from knee surgery during her senior year of HS. If you were to compare ONO's junior year to Amari's I say the player were quite comparable with ONO having a slight edge because of the level of competition and based on performance at USA basketball. I think Amari will play some as a freshman and average about the same number of minutes ONO did as a freshman ~14 MPG and will be just as productive. She will be third in the post rotation behind ONO and AE IMO.

Reaction Score

DeBerry is going to be another 6’5 jump shooter, she’s definitely more of a forward then a center. In the game above she looks like a willing passer, and she can rebound and go straight back up, sometimes Liv brings the ball down and ends up getting it blocked or turning it over.

Reaction Score
I was watching some videos of Jenica Lewis from the June 2020 thread. Anyone have any updated videos of her? She’s fun to watch and UCONN is her dream school. How old now 14?
15? Thanks...,,,! Wowser!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

DeBerry is going to be another 6’5 jump shooter, she’s definitely more of a forward then a center. In the game above she looks like a willing passer, and she can rebound and go straight back up, sometimes Liv brings the ball down and ends up getting it blocked or turning it over.

What I like is she's wide in the hips. That is a great advantage around the rim. Tougher for defenders to reach around, tougher to get around, helpful in backing up defenders and helpful in your drop steps. Nice to see her shoot pullups as well. Nicer to see her hit them though.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I was watching some videos of Jenica Lewis from the June 2020 thread. Anyone have any updated videos of her? She’s fun to watch and UCONN is her dream school. How old now 14?
15? Thanks...,,,! Wowser!

Mentioned her about 10 days ago after Chris Dailey began following her on social media. Click on this link to see two new video montages.

Reaction Score

I feel like Ducharme is going to be a Morgan Tuck to Azzi's Stewie for us. Stewie got all the attention and rightly so but Morgan was a workhorse and without her don't think there would have been as many championships. Azzi will get all the attention but I bet Caroline will be glue and keep it all together using her versatility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom