February 2021 UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

February 2021 UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Two new players of interest going by Chris Dailey's social media follows, both from 2023.

Chloe Briggs, 5-11 guard from Chino! California

Riley Stack, 6-4 wing/forward from Piedmont South Carolina

Briggs averaged ::gulp:: 33.8 points, 12.6 rebounds, 6.4 assists, and 4.9 steals on 44% shooting, 35% from three as a freshman

Stack is averaging 17.3 points, 11.3 rebounds, 6 blocks, 2 assists, and 2 steals on 43% shooting as a sophomore. She shot 58% as a freshman.
A little over 20 years ago, UConn showed interest in another player from that city....................Diana Taurasi. She attended Don Antonio Lugo High School, where she was the recipient of the 2000 Cheryl Miller Award, presented by the Los Angeles Times to the best player in Southern California.

She was also named the 2000 Naismith and Parade Magazine National High School Player of the Year, and the 1999 and 2000 Ms. Basketball State Player of the Year. To say Dee had a good junior and senior year would be an understatement. If UConn offers her, let's hope they have the same luck with her they did with Dee.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
wow....this kid is impressive! she's got some Paige in her...
I've been to these gyms many times for holiday tournament and summer league games. Glendora HS and Ontario Christian HS.

Reaction Score
Two new players of interest going by Chris Dailey's social media follows, both from 2023.

Chloe Briggs, 5-11 guard from Chino! California

Riley Stack, 6-4 wing/forward from Piedmont South Carolina

Briggs averaged ::gulp:: 33.8 points, 12.6 rebounds, 6.4 assists, and 4.9 steals on 44% shooting, 35% from three as a freshman

Stack is averaging 17.3 points, 11.3 rebounds, 6 blocks, 2 assists, and 2 steals on 43% shooting as a sophomore. She shot 58% as a freshman.

Riley has a way to go, but hopefully Dawn Staley and staff will be watching her consistently and offers if possible, with her being a South Carolina legacy......

Reaction Score
Riley Stack (23'):

Daughter of former Gamecock Forward in the 90's 6-11 Ryan Stack. Grew up in Tennessee according to Vols, but is playing this year at Wren High School just outside of Greenville, SC (near Clemson). No word on Dawn's interest. Unless the prospect talks to someone. Dawn doesn't leak any recruiting info. Of course, no visits this year.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Geno's face while watching these 30-ft threes and behind-the-back moves would be something to behold:

There's a lot of game to unpack here. I'd like to see how she fares against stiffer competition and if she can make any of the U teams.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Riley has a way to go, but hopefully Dawn Staley and staff will be watching her consistently and offers if possible, with her being a South Carolina legacy......
A ways to go how? Just asking from a curiosity stand point. The need for upper body strength is evident.

Reaction Score
A ways to go how? Just asking from a curiosity stand point. The need for upper body strength is evident.

Well you kinda answered your own question. But ANY prospect who is just a sophomore has room to further develop their skills, regardless of how skilled they are at the time.....

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Last summer I mentioned the current top player in the 2026 class, Jenica Lewis from Iowa. You can see those posts in this link.

Lewis is a mega talent who said UConn is her dream school in one of the videos at the link above. Well, Chris Dailey just started following her on Twitter.

Couple 2020 highlight packages below:

Reaction Score
Shame. Well, she had her shot at playing a lot more this year. Too late now.
Actually it was her school that refused to "graduate" her. She tried. It would have been an historic moment if she had jumped in a month ago. Her skills are somewhat different from Bueckers but she is at that level. For the next few years ESPN will fruitlessly search the country for a backcourt to match.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Could you imagine Boston playing with Paige. I mean Paige would get her the ball exactly where she should 99% of the time. Boston is very very good now but she missed out on an opportunity to play with someone that would’ve made her even better.

Destanni Henderson is pretty darn good. Boston has an issue a bit similar to ONO's in that she tends to get surrounded when fed in the post.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Any kid who shoots 100% from 25 feet would be on my list. Crazy range but what’s her 3 point %? That tells me the whole picture.
The whole picture is at this link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger