February 2021 UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

February 2021 UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It's been almost a year now since @EricLA mentioned post Breya Cunningham #7 in ESPN '23 being friends with Ice Brady and it was either last month or the month before where her name was brought up as still a possible UCONN POI. Cunningham reminds me of Gillian Goring who never made it to UCONN and to be honest the big that tops my 2023 wish list is still Aalyah Del Rosario but Cunningham is coming along nicely . Thoughts?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It's been almost a year now since @EricLA mentioned post Breya Cunningham #7 in ESPN '23 being friends with Ice Brady and it was either last month or the month before where her name was brought up as still a possible UCONN POI. Cunningham reminds me of Gillian Goring who never made it to UCONN and to be honest the big that tops my 2023 wish list is still Aalyah Del Rosario but Cunningham is coming along nicely . Thoughts?

If Ice is 6'3"-6'4", Cunningham is 6'4-6'5". I saw her face off twice against Ice, and was almost every bit as good in spite of being a year younger. Both are terrific IMHO. Breya does not have the outside game Ice does (at least I did not see it at that time). But I'd LOVE to land Breya. IMHO she's as good as the hype...

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

I'm still on the Aalyah train...and the dream Jocyte train as well.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I was surprised at how good she looked defending the perimeter. Kinda like a female version of Scottie Pippin, long, quick, agile. At least defensively I'm pretty sure she could guard SF's and maybe some SG's. Maybe she could be a good 3/4 combo forward.

Here's an example from tonight's (2/6) sectional final:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
'05 is birth year (2005). She is a forward, around 6-0. She played with Ogunbowale and Mavunga as a 15 year old.

She took over against Jocyte's team:

Reminds me of Hillman- undersized and plenty quick for the 4 and probably not quick enough to play on the wing. It’s been a while since any quality Russian came state side.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
'05 is birth year (2005). She is a forward, around 6-0. She played with Ogunbowale and Mavunga as a 15 year old.

She took over against Jocyte's team:

Is Kosu a pro?

Reaction Score
Coco, based on input from some Syracuse relatives, agree. Watched 6'7" Kamilla Cardoso play versus Notre Dame last week and they are quietly building a solid team. You are first to mention them in a while but good call.
I agree Cardosa is very athletic for a girl of her size and runs the court really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom