February 2021 UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

February 2021 UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
I saw Brady play about a year ago and was very impressed. She's difficult to move off the block, has excellent hands, is good around the basket and has a deft touch from outside. Importantly, she did not commit foolish fouls. @EricLA and @CTtoSanDiego, who also were at the game, probably have a better perspective and more in-depth analysis than I do.

Reaction Score
I

UConn is in Mass?
If you've ever spent time in New England, you would know it is a small land area. Boston went to highschool barely an hour from campus so yes Mass counts.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Her post positioning and use of angles is textbook. Doesn't have to grab and push to get there either. Spreads out and gets low leverage. Whoever taught her all this is a tremendous coach. GA should bring him/her in as a consultant each preseason to work with his bigs.

The scout who posted it thinks so too. He's added commentary to the clip today:

Reaction Score
If you've ever spent time in New England, you would know it is a small land area. Boston went to highschool barely an hour from campus so yes Mass counts.
If you ever spent time in Columbia, you would know that it is not a large city. Fulwilley and SCar are in that same city (as is Ashlyn Watkins.) Joyce Edwards lives in Camden - less than a half hour from SCar,

Stay off my grass!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
She went from 16 to 10 and dropped Rice, Texas, BC, Memphis, Wake Forest, and Ohio State. I literally LOLed when I saw that Dayton made the cut but OSU didn't.
Maybe OSU's recent behavior that got no noed by the NCAA turned her off.

Reaction Score
Neighbors has to have each other's backs in times of crisis.

Reaction Score
Maybe OSU's recent behavior that got no noed by the NCAA turned her off.

That could be possible, but wasn't the AC canned last season when it was discovered?

Also considering the rest of the schools listed, (save TCU because her brother is there) Dayton still looks like the odd one in the mix.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
That could be possible, but wasn't the AC canned last season when it was discovered?

Also considering the rest of the schools listed, (save TCU because her brother is there) Dayton still looks like the odd one in the mix.
Yes, he was officially "resigned but would have been dismissed" and refused to cooperate in the internal investigation, so they could not question him as to where he got the money to spread around (of course that's nonsense, they didnt want to look) and the $ was just part of this guys improper behavior.

Reaction Score
Yes, he was officially "resigned but would have been dismissed" and refused to cooperate in the internal investigation, so they could not question him as to where he got the money to spread around (of course that's nonsense, they didnt want to look) and the $ was just part of this guys improper behavior.

Sadly, this always seems to be the case.

Reaction Score
The scout who posted it thinks so too. He's added commentary to the clip today:

Yes, I hope people realize how advanced this footwork, fundamentals, and shooting is. There are very few 6-3 top college Jrs. and Srs. who have this skillset. And she's an 11th grader that can give a clinic right now. My hopes aren't high but if UConn could somehow get Patterson to pair with this kid...........

Reaction Score
I saw Brady play about a year ago and was very impressed. She's difficult to move off the block, has excellent hands, is good around the basket and has a deft touch from outside. Importantly, she did not commit foolish fouls. @EricLA and @CTtoSanDiego, who also were at the game, probably have a better perspective and more in-depth analysis than I do.
The best comparison I can make for Brady is a left handed, 2 inch taller Morgan Tuck with a better jump shot and no knee problems. She is just as polished in the Post as Tuck was, she is just as good of a passer as Tuck was, she can step out and knock down the 3 like Tuck, and she plays the same style cerebral game based on fundamentals and positioning. The only question is whether she is as clutch as Tuck and steps up in the postseason as much as Tuck did. She is going to be a damn good player at UConn and a fan favorite.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Yes, I hope people realize how advanced this footwork, fundamentals, and shooting is. There are very few 6-3 top college Jrs. and Srs. who have this skillset. And she's an 11th grader that can give a clinic right now. My hopes aren't high but if UConn could somehow get Patterson to pair with this kid...........
Absolutely! As a post player she has the efficiency of Azzi Fudd or a Morgan Tuck where every step, fake & move is so efficient even perfect defense is often not good enough. Man it is going to be fun have three player on the court (Paige Azzi and Ice) that are this efficient and you have to guard them over the entire half court.

Reaction Score
The best comparison I can make for Brady is a left handed, 2 inch taller Morgan Tuck with a better jump shot and no knee problems. She is just as polished in the Post as Tuck was, she is just as good of a passer as Tuck was, she can step out and knock down the 3 like Tuck, and she plays the same style cerebral game based on fundamentals and positioning. The only question is whether she is as clutch as Tuck and steps up in the postseason as much as Tuck did. She is going to be a damn good player at UConn and a fan favorite.
IMO, this is all correct. I would just add that I believe she could play for UConn right now and with a year and a half to get better, she'll be one of the most advanced freshmen forwards I've seen in many years.

Reaction Score
Absolutely! As a post player she has the efficiency of Azzi Fudd or a Morgan Tuck where every step, fake & move is so efficient even perfect defense is often not good enough. Man it is going to be fun have three player on the court (Paige Azzi and Ice) that are this efficient and you have to guard them over the entire half court.
Two things: 1) I really want to find out who taught her this stuff ;) and 2) Her work ethic has to be off the charts because you don't pick this up in a half hour after practice no matter how talented you are.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
2/2

Ayanna Patterson's Homestead won their opening playoff game tonight. This clip will give you an example of why.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I like the Tuck comparison. I also like the big lower body, the footwork inside, and soft touch from the elbow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom