FCS Games Added to Future Schedule | The Boneyard

FCS Games Added to Future Schedule

Reaction Score

"UConn will host Central Connecticut at Rentschler Field in East Hartford on Sept. 3, 2022 and then again three seasons later on Aug. 30, 2025"

"The Lafayette Leopards will travel to East Hartford to take on UConn on Sept. 9, 2023 and Sept. 5, 2026."

Reaction Score
If I were Benedict, I would not have announced second-tier game scheduling when we are trying to convince the AAC we are worth playing or convince SNY we are worth broadcasting.

Boy, you read my mind.

Reaction Score
This does not sound promising at all. Nothing against these teams, but they are irrelevant at best.
When the Lafayette contract was signed in APRIL, it may or may not have been intended as a typical early season game against a regional 1-AA game. Inconveniently, New Britain Central’s a necessary salve for legislators yet a few siblings who failed to get into UConn may buy a ticket and it helps fill scheduling requirements.

Reaction Score
If I were Benedict, I would not have announced second-tier game scheduling when we are trying to convince the AAC we are worth playing or convince SNY we are worth broadcasting.
This wasn't announced by UConn. The Lafayette contract was signed in April and the CCSU contract was signed 8 days ago. This was received by a FOIA request. Did you guys even read the article Head bang

Reaction Score
Yes we need games like this we also have ACC and big 10 games schedule what do u guy want Alabama ohio st USC ND schedule coach RE no how to build a schedule while he build a team that can have a chance to win games a hopefully get to a bowl game the football program is still n the rebuilding mold let just hold and support the player the coaches and our university

Reaction Score
This wasn't announced by UConn. The Lafayette contract was signed in April and the CCSU contract was signed 8 days ago. This was received by a FOIA request. Did you guys even read the article Head bang
If that is the case, Benedict should have held off scheduling lower-level teams. It is not as if Central CT would not have kept a date open for several months. The better known FBS teams are not going to be impressed.

Reaction Score

This is exactly right. It basically confirms our worst fears FOIA or not.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
People are shocked about this? Part of being Indy is going to getting these FCS buy games.
This adds a single (and only) FCS game in each of the years mentioned: 2022, 23, 25 & 26. Likely more to come but nothing to get hysterical over, and pretty much par for the course many FBS teams.

Reaction Score
Seeing Lafayette mentioned, wonder if long-term UConn is planning to try to become first state university in Patriot League. Our leaders could try to sell it we can play two Ivy League FB teams each year. Oh boy! Colonial may be too challenging under the new plan for football. OR WE COULD CONTINUE TO PUSH FOR FOOTBALL RELEVANCY NOW.

Reaction Score
Seeing Lafayette mentioned, wonder if long-term UConn is planning to try to become first state university in Patriot League. Our leaders could try to sell it we can play two Ivy League FB teams each year. Oh boy! Colonial may be too challenging under the new plan for football. OR WE COULD CONTINUE TO PUSH FOR FOOTBALL RELEVANCY NOW.

Have your Doc up your meds... they aren’t @ therapeutic levels yet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom