FBS Scheduleshas UConn/Rutgers home and home 2016/2017 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

FBS Scheduleshas UConn/Rutgers home and home 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Conspiracy theorists should note that both UCONN and Missouri were italicized. . . (OK Akron was too, but that was the only other one).

Probably just means that the teams are in discussions regarding the games but haven't formalized plans. Both Rutgers and UCONN will be outliers, relatively speaking, in their respective conferences. So to have as many regional games makes sense for both schools, regardless of conference.
Scroll down and you'll see Kansas and Virginia italicized, too.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Would love to see RU/UCONN continue their series. It's good for the area and helps both schools freeze out the Fruits Flies and BC in the northeast. Win-win for both programs.

Reaction Score
Looks like this is a go. This is only a two year deal not a long term series. I realize some UConn fans believe RU is not worthy of being a rival. However, at least from this RU fan's perspective UConn and RU have always played close and exciting games. I am glad to see these games scheduled. See you in 2016 at the Rent

Reaction Score
Looks like this is a go. This is only a two year deal not a long term series. I realize some UConn fans believe RU is not worthy of being a rival. However, at least from this RU fan's perspective UConn and RU have always played close and exciting games. I am glad to see these games scheduled. See you in 2016 at the Rent
I wish we would play each other every year...hopefully at some point it turns into a conference game (wishful thinking I know)...but since we have been playing you guys no matter what either teams record is the game is always really good!

Reaction Score
No doubt. I still have nightmares over the Tres Moses fumble in 2003. I am sure Tim Brown's TD in 2009 still hurts you guys.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

Any UConn fan that has that perspective is wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to suck up to Rutgers, but damn near every year the games are hard fought and the teams are generally evenly matched. Not to mention the fans dislike each other too.

Give me any or all of Rutgers, BC, Syracuse in football every season. I'm game for any matchup.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Any UConn fan that has that perspective is wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to suck up to Rutgers, but damn near every year the games are hard fought and the teams are generally evenly matched. Not to mention the fans dislike each other too.

Give me any or all of Rutgers, BC, Syracuse in football every season. I'm game for any matchup.
I agree... here's a spin on that though...and with it - F. BC (would still play a series with them though).

We should have bi-(or tri-)annual games vs. Syracuse and Rutgers (and Rutgers with Syracuse) and the overall winner of the round robin wins the NYC Metro Cup or something. All three of us are in different conferences so I think this would work and keeping it every other year or every three years frees up other non-conference match ups. Maybe would create more of a college football buzz in the city -- get some national attention.

Reaction Score
No doubt. I still have nightmares over the Tres Moses fumble in 2003. I am sure Tim Brown's TD in 2009 still hurts you guys.

Brown was a friend of Jazz's it hurt then, but now it just seems bittersweet. The team had nothing to be ashamed after those WVU and Rutgers games.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Dan, I really like the idea to that round robin cup. Maybe every few seasons, one of the games could be played at a NYC venue like Giants Stadium ( still refuse to call it Met Life) or Yankee Stadium.

I don't see who doesn't benefit from this? Fans get two rivalry games a year. Gets local buzz going. I'd love to see it.

Reaction Score
RU to me was always the most hated rival. Had to do with the fact that our fbs upgrade coincided with your rise from being one of the worst programs in the country.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
Dan, I really like the idea to that round robin cup. Maybe every few seasons, one of the games could be played at a NYC venue like Giants Stadium ( still refuse to call it Met Life) or Yankee Stadium.

I don't see who doesn't benefit from this? Fans get two rivalry games a year. Gets local buzz going. I'd love to see it.
Thanks. Maybe I'll write a letter to Warde and the two other schools' AD's and CC their prez's.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
Thanks. Maybe I'll write a letter to Warde and the two other schools' AD's and CC their prez's.
And the email is in... I'll let you all know if I hear back.

I spun the idea of creating a mini-conference and sponsorship/promotional opportunities.

Reaction Score
And the email is in... I'll let you all know if I hear back.

Can you add a P.S. and ask WM if this home and home will actually take place and what he is waiting for to announce it?

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
Can you add a P.S. and ask WM if this home and home will actually take place and what he is waiting for to announce it?
I alluded to there may already be games scheduled or the possibility that there may already be on-going scheduling talks between the schools... we'll see what they say. I bet it's just because the contract hasn't officially been signed (or the B1G said hold up on that... we got bigger plans in store for UConn come 2016).

I also mentioned that this setup would work well since we are all in different conferences, but would still work in the event we found ourselves with multiple teams in the same conference down the road -- wink, wink.

Reaction Score
Not trying to be a troll but what does Rutgers gain from scheduling UCONN? Let's take the homer glasses off for a second.

1. Does it help with exposure?
Nope, RU is already in the BigTen playing big teams.

2. Does it help with recruiting?
Nope, no other northeastern team gets the recruits that RU gets. I can't think of a single time that a recruit chose UCONN over RU (I'm sure it happened but 9 times out of 10 he's selecting RU if it's a head to head battle).

3. Easy win?
This is probably the reason. By 2016 and 17, RU will probably be seeing its potential and will be blowing many teams out of the water. Especially once all the top recruits decide to stay home. Yes this will happen no matter how much you dislike it.

So let's face it....you are our cupcake which replaced Norfolk State. Many of you are claiming that we are comparable on the field but RU is 22-10 vs UCONN. That's a .700 winning percentage.

So what does RU gain?

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Not trying to be a troll but what does Rutgers gain from scheduling UCONN? Let's take the homer glasses off for a second.

Nope, no other northeastern team gets the recruits that RU gets. I can't think of a single time that a recruit chose UCONN over RU (I'm sure it happened but 9 times out of 10 he's selecting RU if it's a head to head battle).

3. Easy win?
This is probably the reason. By 2016 and 17, RU will probably be seeing its potential and will be blowing many teams out of the water. Especially once all the top recruits decide to stay home. Yes this will happen no matter how much you dislike it.

So let's face it....you are our cupcake which replaced Norfolk State. Many of you are claiming that we are comparable on the field but RU is 22-10 vs UCONN. That's a .700 winning percentage.

So what does RU gain?

Thank you for reminding us all why we hate RU so much. WIN SOMETHING, THEN TALK.

Reaction Score

3. Easy win?

So what does RU gain?
Are you kidding?Why would you even participate in this thread just to throw a damp rag on it?Man guys like you make regular RU fans look arrogant,stupid and worse mean spirited!Not to be a troll?What would you call it?Sometimes it pays to say nothing if theres nothing in your mind!All these guys want are what they deserve which might be more than we can say except fortune shined on us....be humble and great things will come your way!I'm ashamed because of you and for you to be on the board as most of us RU fans are pulling for justice for UConn same as we'd expect/want!

Reaction Score

3. Easy win?

So what does RU gain?

When 2016 doesn't work out for you, you'll talk about 2020. When 2020 doesn't work out for you, you'll talk about 2026. When 2026 doesn't work out for you . . . Hasn't this been going on for more than 100 years? I guess Rutgers does have a legacy of Tradition after all.

Reaction Score
BC is our top football rival. Warde should be doing everything he can to get a UCONN-BC game every year.

So we've never beaten our top football rival and haven't played in ten years. Thaaaat must be what's wrong with the program.

Reaction Score
Hey NYC Banker, why don't you get on your crotch rocket and ride it into a brick wall?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
BC is our top football rival. Warde should be doing everything he can to get a UCONN-BC game every year.
It won't happen. It should but it won't. The only way for it to happen is for UConn to be in a dramatically stronger position than BC. That's a ways off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom