FBS Scheduleshas UConn/Rutgers home and home 2016/2017 | The Boneyard

FBS Scheduleshas UConn/Rutgers home and home 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's cool. Always good to keep a hated opponent on the schedule. Doubt Syracuse will have the nuts to play us.

Reaction Score
It's a conference game right? Seriously though, win-win. We can send them a bball game.
If BBall is the return prize for the OCC FB opponents, then they need to be MI, oSu or MI State with home and homes in both sports. You should schedule IN, IL and PSU before Rutgers. If it is RU, the FB game is against the bottom half of the B1G in FB and the BB games are against the last place team in the B1G. Get a great game in both sports or at least 1 sport rather then meh games in both.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
If BBall is the return prize for the OCC FB opponents, then they need to be MI, oSu or MI State with home and homes in both sports. You should schedule IN, IL and PSU before Rutgers. If it is RU, the FB game is against the bottom half of the B1G in FB and the BB games are against the last place team in the B1G. Get a great game in both sports or at least 1 sport rather then meh games in both.

At this point, the most important thing UConn can do is keep some sort of rivalry going with Rutgers if there is any hope of getting UConn into the B1G, or ACC for that matter.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
At this point we need to keep as many quality opponents on the schedule as possible.

Reaction Score

I'll take it in a heart beat.

To get other BIG teams on the schedule, both sides have to agree. I would not suggest Warde isn't trying, it's just the bigger names aren't biting. Strength of schedule is their main concern, and UConn, at this point, does not add much to the OOC agenda of the well established and recognized programs.

Thank Rutgers for some type of loyality. Besides, playing a BIG team MAY enhance the interest of future recruits as opposed to playing an ACC team, which is maybe a few hash marks (with the exception of a couple of teams) above the AAC.

At least we have a chance of being competitive with Rutgers.......but probably not for long. They have a nice looking schedule going foward.Their recruiting is poised to take a giant leap. Heck, I'd love to see UCLA home and home also, but realistically I don't see it happening.

Reaction Score
Conspiracy theorists should note that both UCONN and Missouri were italicized. . . (OK Akron was too, but that was the only other one).

Probably just means that the teams are in discussions regarding the games but haven't formalized plans. Both Rutgers and UCONN will be outliers, relatively speaking, in their respective conferences. So to have as many regional games makes sense for both schools, regardless of conference.

Reaction Score
Conspiracy theorists should note that both UCONN and Missouri were italicized. . . (OK Akron was too, but that was the only other one).

Probably just means that the teams are in discussions regarding the games but haven't formalized plans. Both Rutgers and UCONN will be outliers, relatively speaking, in their respective conferences. So to have as many regional games makes sense for both schools, regardless of conference.

They are also cost effective. Would love to see Rutgers, BC, and Army on the schedule regularly. Syracuse too.

Much sexier than Buffalo and we would get better TV coverage in the long run.

Man, we really need to get the on field performance fixed in a hurry.

Reaction Score
Fingers crossed, regional rivals are always a good thing for all involved in college sports.

Anyone find it interesting that Rutgers rivalry weekend game is Maryland? I thought Rutgers wanted it to be Penn State.

Reaction Score
Anyone against playing our top football rival that has since been upgraded to a P5 conference is crazy.

It's nice to see Rutgers nut up and schedule a series with us as opposed to the BC and Cuses of the world.

BC is our top football rival. Warde should be doing everything he can to get a UCONN-BC game every year.

Reaction Score
Fingers crossed, regional rivals are always a good thing for all involved in college sports.

Anyone find it interesting that Rutgers rivalry weekend game is Maryland? I thought Rutgers wanted it to be Penn State.

We already had games scheduled with PSU as an OOC home and home for 2014 and 2015; the Big 10 kept those dates when they made the schedule. So we open conference play very early against State Penn for the next 2 years.

Reaction Score
What was Rutgers fascination with Norfolk St? How many times will they have played them in the last 1o years?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
UConn - Rutgers is good for the region. I really do hope that they keep this thing going, because it could benefit us both. And if they both have a great year at the same time, this game has the ability to make some real noise in the NYC market. It's a win-win for both programs...

Reaction Score
Anyone against playing our top football rival that has since been upgraded to a P5 conference is crazy.

It's nice to see Rutgers nut up and schedule a series with us as opposed to the BC and Cuses of the world.
For those hoping for SU to schedule UConn in FB we better hope the AD isn't as anti-UConn FB as their delusional fanbase who seem determined to freeze (UConn) out of the equasion!Whats up with them?Getting to cozy with BC?I've (outside of BC) never seen a fanboard so antaganistic to UConn as their's.

Reaction Score
What was Rutgers fascination with Norfolk St? How many times will they have played them in the last 1o years?
As long as the other schools dodge them they at least could count on NS to man up on short notice to round out there schedule!!RU owes them B1Gtime!I hope RU never forgets them.How many teams back out of commitments to leave the south to come east and play?Kudo's to Arkansas for having the cojones to play in NJ/NY!TCU backing out,Boise St changing there minds after RU left the BE!!Every year its one team or another.After RU scared the pants off Alabama in 81?I believe on national TV in the meadowlands the Bear swore he'd never come back!The year before they (RU) used a Knoxville WhatsaRutgers article to leave them a nice parting gift on their home field while they were highly ranked and looked down there nose at overmanned/undertalented RU and paid dearly!RU13 Tenn7.

Reaction Score

Well Mr Conehead we take what we can get!!A lot of UConn fans would like BC to be their rival but it is what it is for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom