Favorite Summer Olympic sports? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Favorite Summer Olympic sports?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Enjoy the swimming the most. Also both indoor and beach volleyball. Water polo is very enjoyable. It's my curling for the summer games.

Agree with water polo. Those are some of the best conditioned athletes out there. High level swimming ability plus strength and coordination.
Men's and women's indoor volleyball is incredible to watch but the players are almost too big and strong to make it enjoyable. Rallies are very rare and almost always the result of a lucky dig or error from the opponent.

Reaction Score
I like beach volleyball but have a hard time finding it. It's more strategic than I remember.

Is it me or are the men's basketball 3 on 3 guys like any rando dudes you pick up at the Y? UGLY!

Rugby sevens. These men and women are freaking warriors. And so much more exciting than traditional rugby 15’s.

Gotta find rugby sevens that sounds amazing!

Reaction Score
Like others I enjoy events such as diving, swimming, track and field and water polo. I also enjoyed watching US Women softball. I also watch beach volleyball. I have absolutely no desire to watch events such as tennis, golf or even basketball since I can watch those any time.

Speaking of beach volleyball, I was at Will Rogers beach in Santa Monica back in the 80s for a professional event. I was able to watch Sinjan Smith and Randy Stoklos who were treated like rock stars. Steve Timmonds and Karch Kiroly were also there and Timmonds impressed me with his jumping ability. Nothing quite like watching beach volleyball in SoCal.

Reaction Score
Swimming, Water Polo, and Triathlon

I have been a swimmer my whole life, so I have following swimming forever. Played water polo for a few years until I figured out I was just not quite big enough, but I like watching (it is a lot more fun to watch when you know exactly what is going on). I have done a few triathlons over the years so I enjoy watching that as well, although the Olympic triathlons are not as good theater since the Olympics allow drafting on the bike. I'll watch other events, but those are my top 3.

Reaction Score
Well, I've lost a lot of interest in the Summer Olympics with the shift to less revealing women's outfits. They have the right to cover up, and I have the right to watch Netflix. In these Covid times is now the time to take away something horn dogs like me enjoy???

Reaction Score
Diving. I would like to see someone pull off the Triple Lindy!

Back To School Summer GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Reaction Score
Diving. I would like to see someone pull off the Triple Lindy!

Back To School Summer GIF by Rodney Dangerfield
I watched the men's synchronized diving last night where the US team won a Silver. I was surprised that I enjoyed it but their level of synchronization is pretty incredible to me. Sadly, the Triple Lindy was not attempted.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I watched the men's synchronized diving last night where the US team won a Silver. I was surprised that I enjoyed it but their level of synchronization is pretty incredible to me. Sadly, the Triple Lindy was not attempted.
The young Chinese pair in the women’s sync dive was incredible. Hit the water going 33 MPH from over 30 feet up and make a splash the size of an iPhone landing in a puddle

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
For the guy who was whining about not enough eye-candy, USA-Turkey women’s volleyball is pretty pretty aesthetically pleasing

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
None of it is must see anymore. Basketball was, back when our team was good. Diving is impressive, swimming and for Track the 100m and sprint relay races and hurdles. No need to see any distance event. Soccer, but not enough teams.

I don't care much for any sport where the winner is decided by judges, even if I think the gymnasts are astonishing athletes. Maybe the Russian judges soured me on that concept back in the day.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Every 4 years I like watching the cycling in the Velodrome. It looks cool.

Reaction Score
Honorable mention to Table Tennis. Ma Long won gold again for men’s singles. Ma is the Jordan - Tom Brady of Table Tennis!

Reaction Score
Swimming has been great but track and field may surpass it. Ledecky is best ever yet fun to watch the few catching up to her now and the male swimmer with eagle tattoo was amazing in the pool and with his family after one of his wins.

Amazing to watch track qualifiers with heavy favorites ‘taking it easy’ against best in world who are straining like crazy to finish 4th.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom