Favorite Summer Olympic sports? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Favorite Summer Olympic sports?

Reaction Score
Wonder how much longer they keep equestrian in the Olympics?? Talk about an exclusive sport and lets not get started on the stress is causes the horses being shipped across the Pacific.

Reaction Score
I woke up from a nap, and the nbc coverage has switched to rhythmic gymnastics. Couldn't help but picture Will Farrell prancing around with his ribbon, but these women were impressive. One girl dropped her ribbon, one had hers in a knot. Quite the drama, then with the Israeli shocking the Angel and demon identical Russian twins - heavy favorites. Scandalous upset, the russians are demanding an inquiry

Reaction Score
I enjoyed both the US Women's Water Polo and Volleyball gold winning performances. Both were dominant wins. I like watching sports like this that are out of the limelight. Congratulations to Karch for the first gold ever for the Volleyball team. He is also the first to win a gold as a participant for both beach and indoor volleyball as well as a gold as a coach.

I also watched a bit of the artistic swimming aka synchronized swimming. I am not sure if this should be Olympic sport but the way they move effortlessly in the water is truly amazing.

Reaction Score
Fantastic showing by USA in these Olympics, already looking forward to Paris in 3 years then LA in 28

Reaction Score
not sure if already posted, but if 3x3 basketball has legs, why not dunk contest? diving, gymnastics, skateboardin, etc…is based on a performance scale.
we all know dunking is international

Reaction Score
Both those last laps were straight up 'nother gear level swimming. He did great in the team medley too on his butterfly lap after the breast stroke swimmer gave up the lead from the back stroke first leg.
As awesome as Finke was, Sifan Hassan’s 1500 comeback in the qualifier after being tripped up on the last lap was the most incredible run I’ve ever seen. She spotted world class runners at least 30m and caught them in the last 400m after running about 1100m and falling to the ground. And she was near the back of the pack when it happened. Also doubled gold in the 5000 and 10000. With a bronze in the 1500.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom