Favorite Shots for various Husky players | The Boneyard

Favorite Shots for various Husky players

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Apropos of nothing, here are a few of my favorite shot-types for various Huskies. Of course we all like nearly any shot that happens to go in, but these are shots that garner style points at the same time:

CURRENT

Danger - I love her little dribble-drive + pull-up jumper off the glass, usually from the left side but sometimes (like the Baylor game 2016) from the right. She rises so fast ...and kisses it so sweetly off the backboard...oh my. This shot will be unstoppable when she gets more games under her belt and really perfects it. Honorable Mention to her baseline runner -- thanks MilfordHusky!

Collier - Napheesa has this move where she posts up and then drop-steps into a little fadeaway at short range, sometimes off the glass but usually not. Possibly the softest and prettiest shot in recent Husky memory. Like when you were a kid and put a brand new cotton net on the basket and the ball took an extra moment to fall out the bottom. "Bloop..." --so soft. An Honorable Mention must go to her Gale Sayers-like curl & drive to the rim. 'Poetry in motion' describes almost every move that she makes.

Lou - Lou's jumper off the curl at the elbow is m-o-n-e-y. She loves to shoot it just as her defender is getting rubbed off the screen. It's like she needs no room at all to get this shot off, or actually prefers it that way. Out of all her shots, I think this one is the prettiest--and the most deadly.

Gabby - Gabby is doing my fav shot more and more often lately: From the right side, usually with her back to the basket, she takes 1-2 dribbles and, rising up, turns toward the basket for what looks like a long-distance leaner off the glass. Super high release. Her right arm is fully extended out in the air on the follow-through, usually from about 8 feet. She loves showing off those hops with this shot. Massive air. And it's very high % for her. Very few players have this shot in their arsenal. When she does this shot from a post-up position, it comes seemingly out of nowhere like a cobra strike.

PAST

Maya Moore - My favorite Maya shot is her jumper from the right baseline where she does a Jordan-kick on the follow through, with an exaggerated wrist flick. It's almost a carbon copy of MJ.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
listing the favorite shots of various husky players. From what I have heard Kia, Alexis, Gabbie and Megan prefer Flue shots. Molly, Mikayla, Christal, Andra and Napheesa like influenza. Batoula and Katie Lou prefer rubella shots.

The Husky participants of the Iditarod generally prefer either rabies or distemper.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This is one of my 2 favorite Maya shots.

As George Gervin would say, it's the Finger ROLL.

2015+WNBA+Finals+Game+Two+iL1e-QNcB1lx.jpg

Reaction Score
The pri
Apropos of nothing, here are a few of my favorite shot-types for various Huskies. Of course we all like nearly any shot that happens to go in, but these are shots that garner style points at the same time:

CURRENT

Danger - I love her little dribble-drive + pull-up jumper off the glass, usually from the left side but sometimes (like the Baylor game 2016) from the right. She rises so fast ...and kisses it so sweetly off the backboard...oh my. This shot will be unstoppable when she gets more games under her belt and really perfects it. Honorable Mention to her baseline runner -- thanks MilfordHusky!

Collier - Napheesa has this move where she posts up and then drop-steps into a little fadeaway at short range, sometimes off the glass but usually not. Possibly the softest and prettiest shot in recent Husky memory. Like when you were a kid and put a brand new cotton net on the basket and the ball took an extra moment to fall out the bottom. "Bloop..." --so soft. An Honorable Mention must go to her Gale Sayers-like curl & drive to the rim. 'Poetry in motion' describes almost every move that she makes.

Lou - Lou's jumper off the curl at the elbow is m-o-n-e-y. She loves to shoot it just as her defender is getting rubbed off the screen. It's like she needs no room at all to get this shot off, or actually prefers it that way. Out of all her shots, I think this one is the prettiest--and the most deadly.

Gabby - Gabby is doing my fav shot more and more often lately: From the right side, usually with her back to the basket, she takes 1-2 dribbles and, rising up, turns toward the basket for what looks like a long-distance leaner off the glass. Super high release. Her right arm is fully extended out in the air on the follow-through, usually from about 8 feet. She loves showing off those hops with this shot. Massive air. And it's very high % for her. Very few players have this shot in their arsenal. When she does this shot from a post-up position, it comes seemingly out of nowhere like a cobra strike.

PAST

Maya Moore - My favorite Maya shot is her jumper from the right baseline where she does a Jordan-kick on the follow through, with an exaggerated wrist flick. It's almost a carbon copy of MJ.
The prettiest shot ever in any sport anywhere was KML's three pointer.
Period!

Reaction Score
I have stated several times that SoCar should thank God on their knees that MissSt. beat UCONN in last year's FF semi's!
Though the UCONN cast was different from the butt kicking above posted by MilfordHusky, the results would have been the same if UCONN faced SoCar in the Finals! And SoCar would still be searching for their 1st NCAA Championship! They have NO SHOT at beating UCONN, they are "not ready for prime time players!"!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Megan: Love the one dribble pull up from the foul line going left. That shot is Unguardable because of her elevation.
Azura: Love her mid range game right now, I'm not sure why the staff has not figured out that is her offensive strength vs launching so many 3.
Kia: Her flat three ball has really grown on me and is just so money right now.
AEH: Like her confidence to pull the trigger when open and she has a pretty KLM like arc & rotation to her shot.
Kyla: Like Kayla's shot from the baseline on the second or third pass and love the way she moves the ball decisively when not open or when a teammate is more open.
Mikayla: Love her explosive first step. When she puts it all together in this sequence: Explosive first step, mid range, or finish at the basket look out.
Batouly: Someone said she flashed a nice jump hook on the Italy trip very anxious to see because I have not seen a good one since Tina like in @MilfordHusky post above.

Reaction Score
My fav: Don’t remember which game, and don’t have a video, but DT drives in, then steps back and shwishes a perfect hook shot over a taller defender (hook very unusual for DT). Later Geno said as Diana was running back on defense (also unusual?) she was close to where he was on the sideline, and he heard her matter-of-factly tell an opponent player, “That’s my hook shot.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom