Favorite Player On This Year's Team ?; | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Favorite Player On This Year's Team ?;

Reaction Score
My favorite so far is Akok. He is cat-like quick in the paint and it's been a while since the Huskies had a shot-blocker like him. He's still working on his offense but it seems like this dude improves by the game. He needs more weight but I'm sure that will come. I sure hope he hangs around for two more years.

Bouknight and Gaffney have spurts of brilliance but just spurts.

Josh Carlton seems to be invisible out there at times but I wonder how much that is influenced by Vital and Gilbert's out of control moves to the hoop. And that is why neither Vital or Gilbert will be my favorite this year. For two guys with this many years in college ball, you would expect them to be in more control. Not a fan of either one of them forcing it to the rim with the paint crowded with opponents.

Reaction Score
Its way too early for me to get attached to Akok or Bouk, I hardly even know them, so I'm going AG. Don't tell Waquoit.

Reaction Score
The team will go as far as a mature AG brings it......I think our ticket to the dance is winning in Fort Worth and these guys can do it!!

Reaction Score
Let's give some credit and props to Tyler Polley. He's a real sniper from 3-point range, and he does it in a variety of ways. No one on the team hit bigger shots in clutch moments more than he does.

He's got some serious talent as I have been saying for a long time. He's also a very good guy and humble. Best shooter at his size in America at the collegiate level.

Reaction Score
My favorite is Whaley. Don't really know why; I've just liked him since his first time on the court. He moved so frantically and jerkily that my season ticket group still call him Squirrel to this day. Thankfully his game is smoother now.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Akok for me. Efficient energy and has a feel for the game.

Gaffney has shown some heady pace I'd fame leadership traits the last two games and I am excited to see him develop. He had a fast break where Bouk wanted him to pass high for the alley oop and Gaff put it low for the reverse lay up. I'm not sure why Gaff did it but he clearly saw what Bouk wanted and like a good pitcher shook off the catcher's signal and did what he was comfortable doing.

Reaction Score
Who is your favorite player on this year's roster?

For me it's a toss up between Bouk and Akok. Both are exactly the type of guys we need to elevate the program back to making runs in the NCAA tournament. Just curious as to the overall sentiment here. Thanks.
The freshmen

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
If asked to choose just one it wouldn't be as much a "favorite" but more of who I want to root for to prove who he is. Alterique.

Can't really tell if this is just some end of year old man sentimentality or if it's outright maudlin, but if I were you, in your present condition, I'd try to avoid watching any ASPCA commercials for the time being.

As for me, my favorite is Aboukok ;)

Reaction Score
Can't really tell if this is just some end of year old man sentimentality or if it's outright maudlin, but if I were you, in your present condition, I'd try to avoid watching any ASPCA commercials for the time being.

As for me, my favorite is Aboukok ;)

What is wrong with you, just an a**wipe or as clueless of an individual as it seems? My opinion on favorite player is just that not sure what's wrong with not having one or why yours is better. Best thing to do for a "young" fan like yourself is ignore my maudlin posts ( :rolleyes: ) because for now you look like more of a than you obviously are. I really think you believe people would think this was funny too LOL. Wow where do we get these people?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It's still CV. Not only will he be the key player in determining how far we go this season. He will have an outsized impact on the next few after he is gone. He remains our best overall player and his ability to focus day in/day out and for 40 minutes every game will improve our NCAA chances and set a positive/negative example for the freshman going forward.

#sameheartmoresmart.

Reaction Score
It's still CV. Not only will he be the key player in determining how far we go this season. He will have an outsized impact on the next few after he is gone. He remains our best overall player and his ability to focus day in/day out and for 40 minutes every game will improve our NCAA chances and set a positive/negative example for the freshman going forward.

#sameheartmoresmart.

I respect your choice no doubt and many things you say have been proven in some games over the years. But he's not our best player and really never was. He's may be the toughest, the hardest worker and even the best in some games but he's not our best. And this year it's not close but I do agree we need that guy who shoots close to or above 40% from 3 and higher from 2. He was good last game, kept everything to a minimum as did AG we need them both to be those guys in order to be good that's the most important thing. Certainly rooting for that guy to begin a tear soon.

Reaction Score

#sameheartmoresmart.
This is so wrong.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom