OT: - Favorite Music - What Artists, Groups, Genre, Do You Love the Most?? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Favorite Music - What Artists, Groups, Genre, Do You Love the Most??

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
My favorite popular bands are probably Blondie (already covered) and Steppenwolf. This is one of my favorites from them -- some of the most clever lyrics I've heard.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I was gonna sit this one out, but @Bigboote inspired me (so...anything that follows is your fault).

I can't pick a favorite genre, or era, or band, or singer, or anything else. So I'm gonna go with some recency bias on stuff I haven't been aware of for very long, but have really been enjoying. Like Bigboote my taste can run fairly obscure.

FWIW 80s/90s were my formative years. I have an appreciation for 60s/70s (or earlier), but that wasn't what I grew up grooving on. I also have a fairly strong tendency to hype backlash. If it's super popular, there's a very good chance I'm not that into it and will think it's overrated. However 5 or 10 years after I might change my mind about it. Or not.

So anyway found this group totally by accident around the beginning of the year and have been thoroughly enjoying most of their stuff.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Sometimes I don't even understand what obscure means. I've never heard anybody talk about this band, you'll never hear them on the radio. But apparently their shows tend to sell out (not in tiny venues either), this video has 6.4 mil views. So...they're obscure and popular at the same time? I don't know...

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
This was probably my first exposure to folk metal. As much of a juxtaposition as that sounds like, I totally get it. It just works IMO. If you are a fan of bands like Flogging Molly or Dropkick Murphys, it's really not that far of a leap to get here.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
There's just something about this song. I think it transports me to another dimension.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
How many favorites can you have? Dozens? Hundreds? I could keep going indefinitely, but I'll cut myself off after this one. For now.

Reaction Score
How many favorites can you have? Dozens? Hundreds? I could keep going indefinitely, but I'll cut myself off after this one. For now.

As many as what fits your musical tastes....! If you think about music in its entireity, there probably have been multi thousands of groups and artists. So I say having a hundred fav's or whatever is just fine in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Janis Joplin - Me And Bobby McGee (She really has talent)

Last edited:
Reaction Score

SOUSA The Stars and Stripes Forever - "The President's Own" U.S. Marine Band​

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
This was probably my first exposure to folk metal. As much of a juxtaposition as that sounds like, I totally get it. It just works IMO. If you are a fan of bands like Flogging Molly or Dropkick Murphys, it's really not that far of a leap to get here.

Boy, bagpipes, a fiddle, and a harp, this song has it all! (except the hurdy gurdy)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom