Favorite Lines From A Movie | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Favorite Lines From A Movie

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
A couple from The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai:

Buckaroo: Don't be mean. Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

My namesake: That's big-boo-TAY

Monty Python and the Holy Grail:

Bridge Guard: What is the unladen air speed of a swallow?
Arthur: African or European?
Guard: Aaah!

(different) Bridge guard: It's just a scratch!

Princess Bride

Vezzini: Inconceivable!
Inigo: How come you keep using that word? I don't think it means what you think it means.

Warner Bros:

Tasmanian Devil: What for you bury me in the cold cold ground?

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
My favorite Wayne quote:

"Somebody oughta belt you in the mouth. But I won't, I won't. The hell I won't."

Can you name the movie?

Wasn't it The Quiet Man?

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
"Now yous can't leave"

"You're only allowed three great women in your lifetime. They come along like the great fighters, every ten years. Rocky Marciano, Sugar Ray Robinson, Joe Louis. Sometimes you get'em all at once. Me? I had my three when i was 16. That happens. What are you gonna do? That's the way it goes, you know?

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I should have precluded you and Rocky from venturing guesses. You because you've probably seen very Duke movie and Rocky because with all his monitors humming, it is probably playing on one of them right now! Good job my fine friend, good job.:confused:

You both flatter me and insult me DefenseBB. The Shootist is an old favorite of mine and I even know that the automobile in the movie was a 1903 Oldsmobile Curved Dash. Of course, I cannot recall if I ate lunch today. :confused:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Name the movie on this one: "You are a true vulgarian aren't you."

PS: gotta leave with no takers. Answer, if not the quote, which is earlier in the scene:

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

"Power is where people perceive it to be. It's an illusion, a conjurers trick, a shadow on a wall; and a very small man can cast a very large shadow".

And of course the scene where Martin lays out his other two conceits which define power. All willing game players work under these rules in any and all of their ruthless combinations.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"Power is where people perceive it to be. It's an illusion, a conjurers trick, a shadow on a wall; and a small man can cast a very large shadow".

And of course the scene where Martin lays out his other two conceits which define power. All willing game players work under these rules in any and all of these ruthless combinations.

Hey, no artsy fartsy movies!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom