Favorite Huskies That People Forget About - (blog) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Favorite Huskies That People Forget About - (blog)

Reaction Score
Steve Pikell, K Free, John Gwynn ("All left hand" - Billy Packer)

Reaction Score
Yes, this is part 1!
Love Coles, but Earl Kelley was the man. Imagine him with a 3 point line and a supporting cast, he made many clutch game winners in his day.

Reaction Score
I remember Sandy Fishman. Played with Ken Libertoff Chris Whitcomb and Ken Whitney usually at garbage time.. Libertoff was the best of the lot. Actually had a 20 point game when he got a little pt.

Reaction Score
I always appreciated Rashamel Jones. He was a very good player, and he saw RIP was the future. Many players would have put up more shots and not let a younger guy overtake them for the teams scoring lead. He accepted a lesser role for the greater good of the team and was a vital cog to championship #1.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Jeff Carr
Jerome Dyson
Murray Williams.
Shamon “one bad pass does not define a whole career or maybe it does” Tooles

Last edited:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Doron Sheffer
Rod Sellers
Cliff Robinson
Andre Dyson
I always felt that if Sheffer had been American he wouid’ve been a very good QB. People forget what a terrific outlet passer he was and strong at about 6’4. We toured Israel a few years ago and it turned out our guide knew the whole Sheffer family well when we talked a little about Israeli UConn players. Doron, it seems, has become deeply involved in religion, not the usual trend in Israel for the formerly non- religious.

Reaction Score
He never missed in pick-up games. Got every rebound, too.

Was it Dom Bosco HS? He was like one of the leading scorers in the country as a senior thought we were golden.

Reaction Score
I always felt that if Sheffer had been American he wouid’ve been a very good QB. People forget what a terrific outlet passer he was and strong at about 6’4. We toured Israel a few years ago and it turned out our guide knew the whole Sheffer family well when we talked a little about Israeli UConn players. Doron, it seems, has become deeply involved in religion, not the usual trend in Israel for the formerly non- religious.
Doron's ability to drop a full court pass on a breakaway player's fingertips was a thing of beauty. He and Marcus Williams were the two best I've seen passing the ball at UConn.

Reaction Score
I always appreciated Rashamel Jones. He was a very good player, and he saw RIP was the future. Many players would have put up more shots and not let a younger guy overtake them for the teams scoring lead. He accepted a lesser role for the greater good of the team and was a vital cog to championship #1.
If I am correct, in the last play of the 1999 championship game against Duke, his great defense against Trajan Langdon caused Langdon to trip and lose the ball. If he was not the defender, he retrieved the loose ball and dribbled it out and the game ended. Correct me if he was not the defender. If not, who defended Langdon on the final play of the game.

Reaction Score
If I am correct, in the last play of the 1999 championship game against Duke, his great defense against Trajan Langdon caused Langdon to trip and lose the ball. If he was not the defender, he retrieved the loose ball and dribbled it out and the game ended. Correct me if he was not the defender. If not, who defended Langdon on the final play of the game.
I believe Ricky Moore was the defender

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom