Favorite Huskies That People Forget About - (blog) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Favorite Huskies That People Forget About - (blog)

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I am going old school ( boy do I feel old).

Vern Giscombe
Norman Bailey
Jimmy Foster
Gerry Besselink
Mike McKay
Clay Johnson
Bruce Kuczinski(sp?)
Eddie Williams
Larry Blucher

Saw Clay at a few games last year, talked to him in the elevator

I see and talk to Bruce a few times a year, I refer clients to him

Has any mentioned the Microwave?

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Marcus White (explosive jumper, great timing as a rebounder, anyone know what his vertical was)
Chris Smith: The first, foundation
Tim Coles & Earl Kelley
Ray Broxton ( he could really hoop)
Rash Jones
Kirk King
Donny Marshall
Shamon Tooles

Edit: Anyone know his vertical

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Brian Fair, Kevin Ollie, Donny Marshall, Rudy Johnson. Donyell Marshall, Nantambu Willingham, Rich Ashmeade, Jeff Calhoun - The post/post dream season recruiting class that put UConn on the National Stage.

Reaction Score
I think ...

If you’re a young UCONN Husky fan, I wish you could have watched Joey Whelton, Al Weston & Lee Otis Wilson. Why? Gosh they were shooting the ball from way out - long before the 3 point line. And neither Whelton or Weston were of a size you’d see play for The University once we got to the Big East. I know they weren’t listed as 5-8; but they seemed that.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Henefeld was such a treat to watch. I'm sad for those who didn't get to see him play and that he didn't stay longer. One of those not athletically gifted players, but so basketball smart. I think he gets forgotten due to his short time here and not being in the US now, but he was so key in the full court press playing center field.
Corny gets forgotten as well. I saw him play as a kid, but don't remember much. He's a victim of time passing.
Chuck Aleksinas should be forgotten since it appears he does not recognize his playing days at UConn, only Kentucky. He's a persona non grata in my mind.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Chuck Aleksinas should be forgotten since it appears he does not recognize his playing days at UConn, only Kentucky. He's a persona non grata in my mind.
Chuck admitted he didn't play hard for UConn all the time because he was "saving his knees."

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Chris Smith gets hardly any of the love he should get.
I did not give the above a like 1st pass because I was thinking he was properly remembered. But I had forgotten that he was responsible for the biggest, yet most forgotten play in program history. Duke has the ball up 3 with 17 seconds left. It's pretty much all Chris Smith from there.

(I always felt that Dick Stockton blew chunks, this clip is more proof)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom