Favorite Horn Bands Songs | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Favorite Horn Bands Songs

Reaction Score
@uconnfan68 asked earlier in this thread for a live version of Boz Skaggs "Loan Me a Dime". I found it , but like this 1969 version from Muscle Shoals, Al too. The musicians on this are just outstanding including Duane Allman , Boz Skaggs, The Memphis Horns, Barry Beckett and so many more.

Same one that’s on the Boz album. Always worth a listen, thanks!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
From the 1941 movie "Sun Valley Serenade' the Glenn MIller orchestra with John Payne and Lynn Bari, The Woo Woo Girl. Ms Bari's part was dubbed by Pat Friday. You see and hear the Modernaires and Tex Beneke and some fantastic horn playing.

Reaction Score
Best thread ever. thumbs up to anyone who has contributed. Page 1 has pretty much become my daily playlist. someday i’ll move on to page 2. I love this song. It is not as good as the Phyllis Hyman version, but its still good.

Reaction Score
Well, if we go the marching band route, I'm pretty partial to this one. ;)

There are better versions from a sonic standpoint, but I picked this one because I witnessed this performance personally as a freshman.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well, if we go the marching band route, I'm pretty partial to this one. ;)

There are better versions from a sonic standpoint, but I picked this one because I witnessed this performance personally as a freshman.

Who was that? That was pretty damn good.

Reaction Score
Best thread ever. thumbs up to anyone who has contributed. Page 1 has pretty much become my daily playlist. someday i’ll move on to page 2. I love this song. It is not as good as the Phyllis Hyman version, but its still good.

I actually was going to post this but it's more a horn solo than a band even though JCB is a band. But this is my favorite Jimmy Castor song. The remake of You Make Me Feel Brand New is pretty good too.

Reaction Score
Another fine musical selection for your consideration. ”Pick up the Pieces” as performed by the Phil Collins Big Band. Great sax solos by Gerald Albright,
Klaus Doldinger, Sadao Watanabe, PW Ellis and James Carter.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom