OT: - Favorite Hip Hop Artist | Page 9 | The Boneyard

OT: Favorite Hip Hop Artist

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Howard Stern called it when he had a rapper as a guest on his show. He said you only rap because you can't sing. The rapper was speechless. And Howard was correct.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Hip Hop is the same a rap.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Listen to daddy's birthday by young thug if you wanna know where hip hop at rn. Hit
Yeah Young Thug and all the new rappers are trash. Fortunately most rap fans I know (college age kids) don't consider a lot of new stuff rap music, but it's the main stream that's pushing it.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Howard Stern called it when he had a rapper as a guest on his show. He said you only rap because you can't sing. The rapper was speechless. And Howard was correct.
Lol, you can't actually believe that.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
I could be wrong, but I don't hunk Hip Hop is the same a rap.

Hip Hop is the name of the culture / Sub culture. The five elements of Hip Hop are:

B- boying ( breakdancing) , MCing (rapping/ rappers) , Graffiti ( graffiti artists), DJing ( scratch artists/ producers)
And beat boxing ( vocal percussion artist).
Rap is the musical component of Hip Hop.

These are the original elements. I'd personally include street basketball ( and 1, etc.) and B - boy fashion.

Reaction Score
Epic early 90's era: Tribe, Pharcyde, Camp Lo, Geto Boys, Souls, LONS, De La, Black Sheep, Digable Planets, Pete Rock & CL, Eric B. & Rakim, Craig Mack, Jungle Brothers, Jeru, etc.

'93 Til Infinity (Souls of Mischief) & They Reminisce Over You (Pete Rock & CL Sooth) are two of my favorite hip-hop songs of all time. You will see the latter's on many GOAT lists for beats.

I also liked a lot of turn-of-the-century underground that The World Famous Beat Junkies were spinning. J5 & Dilated Peoples being the most prominent to come out of all that.

The Executioners, A-Trak & DJ Craze (The Allies) were also spinning a lot of great stuff. Destroying the DMC's.

I can't listen to what the young kids play anymore. ;)

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Hip Hop is the name of the culture / Sub culture. The five elements of Hip Hop are:

B- boying ( breakdancing) , MCing (rapping/ rappers) , Graffiti ( graffiti artists), DJing ( scratch artists/ producers)
And beat boxing ( vocal percussion artist).
Rap is the musical component of Hip Hop.

These are the original elements. I'd personally include street basketball ( and 1, etc.) and B - boy fashion.

To follow on this...go watch Beat Street for an early mix of these elements. I loved it when I was a kid, but it might be a bit hilarious now. Probably very dated. I haven't watched it in 25+ years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom