OT: - Favorite College Campuses | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Favorite College Campuses

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Lee's McRae College is a small college in the mountains of NC.... located in the quaint little village of Blowing Rock. It sits at the highest elevation of any college east of the Mississippi at at 3,700 ft. Check out the video... and just imagine how the campus looks this time of year with the fall foliage. And yes.. the campus buildings are stone. :)

The-North_Carolina_Building_on_Lees-McRae_campus-1024x767.jpg

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Western Washington University in Bellingham. It is on a hill that overlooks Puget Sound and is next to a huge forest preserve.

I've been there. I've been to a lot more small private and regional college campuses than big schools in the Northwest--UPS, SPU, PLU, CWU, EWU, Seattle U., Linfield, George Fox, Pacific U.

Reaction Score
Occidental College has a beautiful campus. Small, but lovely, with red tile roofs and Eucalyptus trees lining the walks.

Reaction Score
United States Coast Guard Academy, New London, CT. When I was there, much of the recruiting/info brochures referred to the Academy as "a typical small New England college, nestled on the banks of the Thames River."... or words to that effect.
1602183142878.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I went to a small liberal arts college in Meadville, Pa named Allegheny College. It was a small town and the campus had a nice mixture of historic and contemporary architecture. I have not been there in nearly fifty years but my memories are pleasant. I had close friends who went to UVa and that was a beautiful campus. I watched a lacrosse championship game there , but lacrosse was still a new sport then! ;)
Registered for the draft in Meadville. Spent a week in the hospital there after getting beaned in the eye playing baseball up the road at Alliance College, now closed. Been back several times since I left grad school at Edinboro back in 1976.

Reaction Score

There are many beautiful colleges, including the Military Academy at West Point. But nothing raises goose bumps like West Point when you consider how many great heroes walked those grounds. Went to a UCONN game there, took the tour, saw the parade of cadets, the Black Knights parachuting in, etc. Very impressive.

Reaction Score
United States Coast Guard Academy, New London, CT. When I was there, much of the recruiting/info brochures referred to the Academy as "a typical small New England college, nestled on the banks of the Thames River."... or words to that effect.
View attachment 59611
I almost went there. I was accepted then flunked the physical due to a high frequency hearing loss. Getting in was highly competitive because it was at the tail end of Viet Nam. I would expect it's still highly competitive because there are no congressional appointments.

Reaction Score
I almost went there. I was accepted then flunked the physical due to a high frequency hearing loss. Getting in was highly competitive because it was at the tail end of Viet Nam. I would expect it's still highly competitive because there are no congressional appointments.
It is still very highly competitive to earn an appointment. Less than 400 get in each year.

Reaction Score
There are many beautiful colleges, including the Military Academy at West Point. But nothing raises goose bumps like West Point when you consider how many great heroes walked those grounds. Went to a UCONN game there, took the tour, saw the parade of cadets, the Black Knights parachuting in, etc. Very impressive.

Been there many times - used to go to one game a year there with my Dad. The cadet parade was incredible. Went to a couple of the UCONN games there and the parade was still impressive. Thanks to all who endure the four years and then serve our country. If you ever get the chance go to an Army - Navy game - it is quite a tradition. That was another annual outing with my Dad.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Drone video of both of Duke's campuses. In my opinion the prettiest campus in the Triangle. The last 45 seconds of the video show the East Campus... where the freshman live.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom