OT: - Favorite College Campuses | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Favorite College Campuses

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1602020076545.png

Reaction Score
Don't have pictures, but we visited both UVA and UNC-Chapel Hill for WBB games and were very impressed.

I had a scholarship offer to Pepperdine back in the dark ages. What a great campus they have!

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Okay, not favorite campus, but special nod to Alaska-Fairbanks for having live musk ox on campus as part of a research project. Possibly only school in the U.S. that can claim that? I mean Colorado has Ralphie and
Texas has Bevo, but I'm not sure that either actually live on campus and neither is quite as exotic as a musk ox.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Above is the University Of Pittsburgh. It looks like someone picked a spot in the middle of the city and set the Cathedral Of Learning. While there are no rolling hills we have three rivers, great restaurants, playhouses, and nightlife. Not too mention some of the finest hospitals in the world for medical students.
No rolling hills? Because they are steeper than "rolling"? I'm just kidding you, although the area around the arenas - old and new - does feature some impressive inclined walkways and even steps. Oh, wait - Pittsburgh - inclines? Have friends out in the area (I also used to go there on business) so yes on all the rest.

Someone mentioned Arizona - the "mall" east of the "Old Main" building and the "Main Gate" area on the west side, with the Arizona State Museum and Centennial Hall are very, very nice.

We drove around University of Santa Cruz the last time we were there (my wife has taken a number of classes at an artist's studio in the area). Nice, but hard to get a feel for, very spread out it seemed. I wonder how much damage they suffered in the fires, our artist friend says her redwoods were crisped on about 2.5 of her 5 acres, and she is still watching out for root fires. The ash all over the place is apparently overwhelming, but home and studio survived. She is a number of miles from the campus, of course.

Reaction Score
I am partial to this one, although it is an acquired taste. ;) West Virginia University. Lots of hills and stairs as the school in settled in the Monongahela River valley. The top image is of the "old" downtown Morgantown campus and the middle image is the "new" Evansdale campus. Spent most of my first two years downtown and the last two years on the Evansdale Campus in the Engineering Sciences Building which is the multi story building in the center of the picture. The campuses are about two miles apart and connected with a computer controlled people mover. There is also a campus for the medical school where the stadium is located.

View attachment 59499 View attachment 59500
Have to agree. Spent four years watching my brother in law play football for WVU, and was surprised the campus is as pretty as it is.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I’m too inept to post a photo but one of my daughters attends Mount Holyoke and it’s a great New England campus.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'm partial to campuses with stone buildings... I've always loved VPI's campus... kinda flies under the radar.. as the school is off the beaten path. They have their own quarry so the campus building look the same for the most part. You can see the Applachian Mountains in the background while on campus.

image.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
That was the next campus I was gonna post, but you beat me to it. :p Great campus, unique style.
Thanks! It's a very spacious campus with more or less Mediterranean Revival architecture. They have hired several world-class architects to design many of the new buildings.

Reaction Score
Two small but stunning campuses. University of San Diego and Salve Regina in Newport.

I second Salve Regina. Was hoping my daughter would attend so we could visit often, but it didn't offer her major. She ended up at Wagner instead, which had its own style of beauty. New England looking campus with views of Manhattan, Statue of Liberty and the Verrazano Bridge.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom