Favorite/Best Play-By-Play UConn Calls | The Boneyard

Favorite/Best Play-By-Play UConn Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I dont think weve ever had a thread like this one before. This doesnt have to be the biggest moments in UConn history, just some of your favorite play-by-play calls that stuck with you over the years. One of my favorites by McDonough (Skip to 4:12 in the video)

Reaction Score
Mike Gorman's call of our opening blitz against Georgetown in 1990 will always stand out to me.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Huessler's call of The Shot. First epic UConn call ever. Perfect tone. Perfect diction. Perfect play.

Reaction Score
I'll always remember Dick Stockton's call of the shot "and the shot by Tate George wins it!" The "cardiac Kemba" call by McDonough was also put into my mind permanently.

Reaction Score
Cardiac Kemba is always gonna give me chills. Also, for whatever reason, I can't remember who it was but after our 2011 title "CONNECTICUT has won the National Title!" That one always stuck on me. The culmination of a man on a mission, and the perfect cast of sidekicks.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I loved the statement by Packer here (second line):

We're running this one down!

Wow, Trajan Langdon with the ball and he's going up against a great defender. What's he DOIN' here?​

Nine seconds to go...the whole season on the LIIIINE....;asdfa;sdfa....Travelling on Langdon! With 5 seconds remaining!

The foot movement of Ricky Moore! I'm really surprised that they tried to challenge the #1 defender in the NCAA tournament so far.​

Last edited:

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Don't remember the exact words, but after the 99 Championship, I believe it was Jim Nance that said something like, "They said you can't, but you can, it's UConn."
Kinda lame, but given the circumstances, first title and all, it was memorable.

Reaction Score
Don't remember the exact words, but after the 99 Championship, I believe it was Jim Nance that said something like, "They said you can't, but you can, it's UConn."
Kinda lame, but given the circumstances, first title and all, it was memorable.

Funny you say that and now it is somewhat true, but then having Nantz say it and seeing it all over the headlines the next day, it was BEAUTIFUL wasn't it?:D

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Raff. Oh Goodness Onions!!! The "oh goodness" makes it the best onions ever.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Sean McDonough has all the great calls. Despite being a Syracuse alum, he has a great broadcasting voice.

2011 vs. Columbia, Lamb's dunk: COK THAT BABY!

Latter one by Raf. And Raf's wolf howl vs. Washington in 2012. RIP Enosch.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Huessler's call of The Shot. First epic UConn call ever. Perfect tone. Perfect diction. Perfect play.

Agreed. And he got fired for his trouble.

Reaction Score
given what Ray did last night, I thought I'd look for this call in 1996 BE champ. not a great call (Nessler/Vitale) but great video. A young Ricky Moore, dominant Kirk King and Ray's shot. 12 minutes long and worth every second.

reading this thread, seeing these highlights...man, we have been damn lucky to have this program.

Reaction Score
On the recent side:

"Lost the dribble, found it again, leans in, thats no good... Back tap! Napier! For the win..!! He got it!!!!!!"

Chills

"Tapped into the hands of Boatright with 5 seconds to go!..."

Picturing Boat dribble in circles like a 6 year old and jumping up and down in pure bliss. Even more chills

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
UConnPuneet and I always enjoy how disgusted Raf sounds that Washington actually let Rashad get a shot off.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
UConnPuneet and I always enjoy how disgusted Raf sounds that Washington actually let Rashad get a shot off.

On the first one? Cause on the second, they played pretty good D. Rashad was just Rashad. Nothing you could do.

Reaction Score
For any fellow gray hairs, old George Erlich play by play of action under the basket with multiple rebounds. George describing the action at motor-mouth pace, culminating with "another rebound up & in by Ron Hrubala!"

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
For any fellow gray hairs, old George Erlich play by play of action under the basket with multiple rebounds. George describing the action at motor-mouth pace, culminating with "another rebound up & in by Ron Hrubala!"

Yeah, thrilling. I think that was the Dartmouth game. Or maybe Colgate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom