FAU Head Coach Tom Herman Comments On UConn Program | Page 3 | The Boneyard

FAU Head Coach Tom Herman Comments On UConn Program

Reaction Score
I guess I still believe we are worth what someone is willing to pay. And we will find out if we are indeed worth more if we ever get that elusive B12 invite or even a MW/PAC invite for football only. I hope we do!!

And I only used NIU as $$ comparison. I know there are other variables. And yes, I (and pretty much everyone) think we are above UMass. If you want an alternative G5 comparison, maybe look at BYU's schedule before they were called up. And they were getting about $6 million as an indy. Probably not a great comparison either because they had decades of tradition compared to us at this level. So again, variables.

Hopefully, we are about to find out you guys are all correct and we are indeed worth way more than $500K.

As for the coach speak, none of it means anything if we lay an egg against Buffalo and/or Temple. Need to be 4-2 going into the Wake game.

And yes, I will be there in person tomorrow and next week to support the team. Go Huskies!!

Yeah but this isn’t binary or absolute.

It’s not either you are worth B12 spot for football outright or you are worthless.

This is what you are saying.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
You’re dead wrong. NIU and company can’t schedule like we do and they are in a conference.

If you want to get a hint of our value, compare our schedules to say UMass’s Indy schedules. We’ve done really well in scheduling with many P4s coming to our place.

There really aren’t many if any G5s who could schedule like us if they went Indy.

And very few would get a TV deal with CBSsn. They would be on ESPN+ or FLO Sports because their schedule would be so bad.
^^^THIS!!!!

Reaction Score
Please don't take this the wrong way but if a home win against Buffalo is a signature win, we need to spend a lot of time working on improving our signature.
yeah..i get the intent of the comment but "signature" is UConn Notre Dame 2009. It's a highhhhh bar.

Reaction Score
Act like we’ve been there. We have, the players haven’t. This is the same game as FAU. Pick’em. We came up big against FAU. Felt like an awfully big win to me. Signature? define it. The kids were really excited, the fans were thrilled. Great win, good enough for now, fo sho.

Is Rutgers Washington a potential signature? Maybe. It’s a big one for sure.

Beat Buffalo!

ZOOCONN

the drive to win has to come from within
Reaction Score
Please don't take this the wrong way but if a home win against Buffalo is a signature win, we need to spend a lot of time working on improving our signature.
My thoughts as well, beating a 3-1 team is good but depending on how the rest of the season goes I’d be more confident saying the wake or fruit U game would be more of a signature win

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
We need to beat Buffalo. Hopefully, we will run them off the field like we did to FAU. No one nationally will give us much credit for pounding Buffalo, but to true UCONN FB fans, it will be amazing progress.
Get to 6 ,7, 8 or 9 wins and it won't much matter who they were against.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom