Fast N' Loud: UCONN related | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fast N' Loud: UCONN related

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Funny story about that episode: A few weekends ago I turned my TV on Saturday morning and it was on that channel and they were doing a Marathon of the show and it caught my attention. I watched a couple episodes and then decided I was hungry. I walked into the kitchen and couldn't find anything I wanted to eat. My wife said 'Have some SpaghettiOs which is kind of my fall back if I can't decide on anything else, so I had some SpeghettiOs. I go back to my office with my piping hot SpheghettiOs and this episode comes on. After Richard Rawlings buys the Firebirds he has a segment where he is explaining the significance of the purchase. These are the first two Firebirds ever produced. They are pre-production to be brought around the country and show people what the Firebird is and to get people hyped to buy them. Like all pre-production cars, they are meant to be crushed, but somehow survive. They are the first two ever built and ushered in a new era of American sports cars. And then he says 'If you can't understand the significance of these cars, just turn off the TV and go eat some SpaghettiOs!' I had to pause it, get my wife and make her watch him say that. It was very weird.

And for the record Rawlings is a great negotiator. He never sets a price first and knows he can get people down even if they are too low to begin with. Chuck should have never let them go for less than 250k minimum and probably could have got 500k for them.

Reaction Score
Funny story about that episode: A few weekends ago I turned my TV on Saturday morning and it was on that channel and they were doing a Marathon of the show and it caught my attention. I watched a couple episodes and then decided I was hungry. I walked into the kitchen and couldn't find anything I wanted to eat. My wife said 'Have some SpaghettiOs which is kind of my fall back if I can't decide on anything else, so I had some SpeghettiOs. I go back to my office with my piping hot SpheghettiOs and this episode comes on. After Richard Rawlings buys the Firebirds he has a segment where he is explaining the significance of the purchase. These are the first two Firebirds ever produced. They are pre-production to be brought around the country and show people what the Firebird is and to get people hyped to buy them. Like all pre-production cars, they are meant to be crushed, but somehow survive. They are the first two ever built and ushered in a new era of American sports cars. And then he says 'If you can't understand the significance of these cars, just turn off the TV and go eat some SpaghettiOs!' I had to pause it, get my wife and make her watch him say that. It was very weird.

And for the record Rawlings is a great negotiator. He never sets a price first and knows he can get people down even if they are too low to begin with. Chuck should have never let them go for less than 250k minimum and probably could have got 500k for them.
I'm amazed that you eat SpaghettiOs.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score

Except it was all hype. The cars are the first two production cars, not pre-production, and they aren't worth anywhere near what he claims.

http://www.hotrod.com/news/did-fast-n-loud-make-this-up/

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
So Aleksinas bought them on eBay? That makes more sense then him having them all these years. Still, it seems like quite a strange thing for a non-car collector to purchase especially in the condition they were in and the fact that he's not a restorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom