Faris With Sprained Left Foot, Listed Day-to-Day | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Faris With Sprained Left Foot, Listed Day-to-Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As a competitor"s fan of Farris, why play her in the conference tourney at all--even against ND in the finals. every article I can find says the top four seeds are SET, and even if (heaven rain down hell) you guys were to go out quickly this week due to her being hampered, you're not going to lose that seed.

And further, you're NOT going to be pitted against ND in the semis in New Orleans. That, too, is SET. Chalk says you two don't play until the finals if you should meet in the big tourney.

Save Kelly Farris for Round of 32 or even sweet 16. You're bench thin already; guard thin already. Nothing you can do between now and the regionals will derail your seed. Give some of your other bench a chance to work on some kinks; they're adequate all the way through regional round. Give the girl the rest she has earned over 4 years. Bring her off the bench ONLY if an upset is brewing by halftime of any NCAA game prior to sweetness.

I'm sure that makes absolutely NO SENSE in Geno's "driven" world. Just from a far deep southwest fan who wants your BEST in New Orleans and a completely healthy Farris is essential for us to get your best. She is NOT essential to get you guys another weekend or two toward April.

None of my business. Shut me up. But I would feel the same way about Griner or Sims.

Well, thank you for sharing your concern, it is appreciated. No need to feel im any way constrained in offering up concern for a hasty return of our Kelly Faris. Believe me, her health and well being are important to us.

By the way, I trust all is well down there off of I-35 in Waco. Not suffering from over confidence, right? Looking forward to seeing you (on teevee, anyway) in Nawlins! :)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I'm not telling Kelly Faris she can't play! let Geno do it.....Unless he is also afraid to tell her (he should be)
Darn right that Geno is scared. Why do you think she has started all these games? They are still trying to figure out how to tell her about graduation. They may need to call bruin ball in.

Husky4Life

ibleedblue
Reaction Score

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
With Kelly's injury, even though she'll probably be ready to play and/or want to play, I wouldn't play her in the 1st game of the Big East tournament. Geno and the team should be able to win the game without Kelly playing. If its necessary because the game is close, then bring Kelly off the bench.

I would start, Stef, Morgan, KML, Bria & Moriah. Let Moriah gain some big game time experience in the Big East tournament, hoping that when she needs to play later in the Big East tournament and NCAA tournament the experience won't overwhelm her. Who knows, Moriah may just play well enough that Kelly won't be needed until the ND game.

Reaction Score
With Kelly's injury, even though she'll probably be ready to play and/or want to play, I wouldn't play her in the 1st game of the Big East tournament. Geno and the team should be able to win the game without Kelly playing. If its necessary because the game is close, then bring Kelly off the bench.

I would start, Stef, Morgan, KML, Bria & Moriah. Let Moriah gain some big game time experience in the Big East tournament, hoping that when she needs to play later in the Big East tournament and NCAA tournament the experience won't overwhelm her. Who knows, Moriah may just play well enough that Kelly won't be needed until the ND game.
She has Erned the right to play. She can't do it for much longer. I may not start her but she plays!

Reaction Score
Never a good day when Achilles gets whacked in the heel...I'm looking for something to sacrifice as we speak...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Never a good day when Achilles gets whacked in the heel...I'm looking for something to sacrifice as we speak...

I'll sacrifice some 25 year old scotch. I'll flush it down the toilet this evening. Is it still considered scotch after it passes through the kidneys?

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
I'll sacrifice this weather...

540894_10100181659430083_1848150289_n.jpg

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
As a competitor"s fan of Farris, why play her in the conference tourney at all--even against ND in the finals. every article I can find says the top four seeds are SET, and even if (heaven rain down hell) you guys were to go out quickly this week due to her being hampered, you're not going to lose that seed.

And further, you're NOT going to be pitted against ND in the semis in New Orleans. That, too, is SET. Chalk says you two don't play until the finals if you should meet in the big tourney.

Save Kelly Farris for Round of 32 or even sweet 16. You're bench thin already; guard thin already. Nothing you can do between now and the regionals will derail your seed. Give some of your other bench a chance to work on some kinks; they're adequate all the way through regional round. Give the girl the rest she has earned over 4 years. Bring her off the bench ONLY if an upset is brewing by halftime of any NCAA game prior to sweetness.

I'm sure that makes absolutely NO SENSE in Geno's "driven" world. Just from a far deep southwest fan who wants your BEST in New Orleans and a completely healthy Farris is essential for us to get your best. She is NOT essential to get you guys another weekend or two toward April.

None of my business. Shut me up. But I would feel the same way about Griner or Sims.
Well mainly because UCONN/Geno's main objective right now is to win the BE Tourney. After that they'll think about the NCAA.

Reaction Score
I'll sacrifice some 25 year old scotch. I'll flush it down the toilet this evening. Is it still considered scotch after it passes through the kidneys?

You scared me there for a minute, Ice...think I'll join you! ;)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Dang, I thought I was doing well but I guess that is the difference between parson's wages and you high powered business types. Now you are pressuring my coveting button.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Dang, I thought I was doing well but I guess that is the difference between parson's wages and you high powered business types. Now you are pressuring my coveting button.

uhh...thou shalt not.....

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Man, my trusty Mac 18 is looking downright pedestrian on this board!! :)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I have some Mac 18 and some Lagavulin 16, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom