Faris With Sprained Left Foot, Listed Day-to-Day | The Boneyard

Faris With Sprained Left Foot, Listed Day-to-Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
grrr.. Fingers crossed she is better soon.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
It's only not good if she is not 100% by the third round of the NCAA Tournament.

I know what you mean, but I'm sure she (and the team) would like to exact revenge against the Irish this weekend if at all possible.....would be tough without her

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
there's that "longevity jinx" ahappennin'

That being said, if anyone can take a week of and come back full speed, it's Kelly.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
The bright side is that she needs the rest.
Might be just what the doctor ordered.

Reaction Score
Jim Fuller@NHRJimFuller
Kelly Faris came down awkwardly defending the final shot of the first half in Monday's loss to Notre Dame but was able to return to court

I remember that play and was worried that she was injured. Was relieved when she came out for the 2nd half.

I also recall that the only reason ND had the ball was because someone on UConn screwed up on the previous play when we were trying to get the last shot of the half. It just further reinforces Geno's demands of perfection on every play. Had player X (I forget who) not messed up -> ND doesnt have the ball for that final play -> Faris doesnt get injured.

:(

Reaction Score
Here's hoping the available rest before any tough opponents is sufficient. If not, here's hoping for as speedy a recovery as otherwise possible. Meanwhile, it's a good thing we all value Caroline Doty, right sports fans?

:-/

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Jim Fuller@NHRJimFuller
Kelly Faris came down awkwardly defending the final shot of the first half in Monday's loss to Notre Dame but was able to return to court

I remember that play and was worried that she was injured. Was relieved when she came out for the 2nd half.

I also recall that the only reason ND had the ball was because someone on UConn screwed up on the previous play when we were trying to get the last shot of the half. It just further reinforces Geno's demands of perfection on every play. Had player X (I forget who) not messed up -> ND doesnt have the ball for that final play -> Faris doesnt get injured.

:(

Yes, I do, too. it was right at the half. She was limping immediately and then jogged off the warrior that she is.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
They will have to amputate her foot to keep her out of the tournament.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Get well, Kelly! We'll need you on Tuesday, maybe even Monday.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Kelly has said she is playing in the Big East tournament. Shouldn't need her in the 1st game. I would rest her for that game and only play her if it was needed.

Reaction Score
images

Reaction Score
Kelly has the heart...but will she have the "sole" to give it a go if needed on Monday? I hope so!

Reaction Score
Has Kelly had so much as a blister in four years? Why did this have to happen now? ARGH!

Reaction Score
Jim Fuller@NHRJimFuller
#UConn senior guard Kelly Faris just laughed when it was suggested she was iffy for Sunday's Big East quarterfinal
Jim Fuller is making that up. Everyone knows Kelly "stone face" Faris doesn't smile, let alone laugh!:D

Seriously, this is why I love Kelly. Unless Rosie and the team doc locks her into a locker in the locker room - or flat out says she can't play - I have no doubt we will see her on the court.

Reaction Score
As a competitor"s fan of Farris, why play her in the conference tourney at all--even against ND in the finals. every article I can find says the top four seeds are SET, and even if (heaven rain down hell) you guys were to go out quickly this week due to her being hampered, you're not going to lose that seed.

And further, you're NOT going to be pitted against ND in the semis in New Orleans. That, too, is SET. Chalk says you two don't play until the finals if you should meet in the big tourney.

Save Kelly Farris for Round of 32 or even sweet 16. You're bench thin already; guard thin already. Nothing you can do between now and the regionals will derail your seed. Give some of your other bench a chance to work on some kinks; they're adequate all the way through regional round. Give the girl the rest she has earned over 4 years. Bring her off the bench ONLY if an upset is brewing by halftime of any NCAA game prior to sweetness.

I'm sure that makes absolutely NO SENSE in Geno's "driven" world. Just from a far deep southwest fan who wants your BEST in New Orleans and a completely healthy Farris is essential for us to get your best. She is NOT essential to get you guys another weekend or two toward April.

None of my business. Shut me up. But I would feel the same way about Griner or Sims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom