Faris moving up the WNBA draft charts.... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Faris moving up the WNBA draft charts....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Agreed. She's a player every coach would love to have on their team. If she wants it, she will have a very long career in the pros. The biggest knock on her was her outside shooting and scoring - a must for most guards. 14 games into the season, she's averaging over 10 PPG and a monster 47.8% on 3's. On a team with as much scoring punch as UCONN has, combine her offensive numbers with her stunning A/TO ratio, steals, etc. etc. and she's having a fantastic year.

As was mentioned by others, I hope incredible numbers continue and she is named to at least one AA list. I've never seen a player so close who i think deserves it more than Kelly...

She continues to amaze:) Kelly on top of everything else has 5 staight games of soring in double digits 13.8 What more does she have to do
Ira

Reaction Score
There seems to be a prevailing assumption that Kelly wants to play pro ball. Do we know this for certain? Has she articulated such a desire? I only ask because she strikes me as someone who might be interested in alternative post-graduate pursuits, grad school, etc. What is her academic major?

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
There seems to be a prevailing assumption that Kelly wants to play pro ball. Do we know this for certain? Has she articulated such a desire? I only ask because she strikes me as someone who might be interested in alternative post-graduate pursuits, grad school, etc. What is her academic major?

No we don't know this for certain. But she strikes me as someone who will be interested at post-graduate pursuits....after her WNBA career is done.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
She has said in the past that she would be interested, I just can't remember when or where she said it.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Kelly said in one interview that she would like to play in the WNBA but didn't know if she would get the chance. I don't think she has anything to worry about.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Kelly won't get a quadruple double in the Marquette game but with 10 minutes left, she has 11 points, 8 assists, 5 rebounds and 5 steals. She seems to have had some really uncharacteristic and silly turnovers the past 2 games (Georgetown and now Marquette), but man can she do it all...!

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Kelly won't get a quadruple double in the Marquette game but with 10 minutes left, she has 11 points, 8 assists, 5 rebounds and 5 steals. She seems to have had some really uncharacteristic and silly turnovers the past 2 games (Georgetown and now Marquette), but man can she do it all...!
Miserable A/TO of 4 for this game ;):p

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Actually she strikes me as a gym rat who lives and dies for basketball. She strikes me as someone who, given the chance, would play ball 24/7....... forever.

HGN

Reaction Score
Does anyone want anything that Washington has?. That roster is awful.
Crystal Langhorne isn't bad........Steady rebounder and scorer. But unfortunately, thats about it.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Does anyone want anything that Washington has?. That roster is awful.

Pretty much. The team's starters could be really good bench players on opposing teams. But why would a team in the top three trade for bench players...especially a team like Chicago, which needs help at the point and on the wing (the two positions it could fill with the #2 pick)?

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Crystal Langhorne isn't bad........Steady rebounder and scorer. But unfortunately, thats about it.
Actually, Langhorne IMO is the heart of their problem. Very good offensive player but a terrible defender.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I would love to see Kelly as an Asst Coach at UConn putting the fun in fundementals.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
What we don't want is Kelly on the Wash team. No way.
Actually, if Thibault is intent on overhauling that roster, it might be an ok team for Kelly to "take over". No indication that is about to happen, but it's the only way I see Kelly being a good pick for them. Gotta get rid of a lot of that dead wood.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Actually, if Thibault is intent on overhauling that roster, it might be an ok team for Kelly to "take over". No indication that is about to happen, but it's the only way I see Kelly being a good pick for them. Gotta get rid of a lot of that dead wood.

Getting rid of the dead wood needs to start at the top, as Sheila Johnson's tenure has been disastrous. Her personnel decisions took a first-place team and led the franchise two the worst two-year period in WNBA history, in terms of won-loss record. She got rid of the most successful coach/GM combination in franchise history in exchange for Trudi Lacey, who had never been successful anywhere she coached...then made Lacy the combined coach/GM.

Worse, she has continued to make statements in the press and conduct herself in a way that alienates fans. Washington used to have some of the most vocal, passionate fans, notwithstanding the losing record; now, season ticket sales are slumping and the Mystics fans I know have not renewed their tickets for next year, mainly because of Sheila Johnson.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Getting rid of the dead wood needs to start at the top, as Sheila Johnson's tenure has been disastrous. Her personnel decisions took a first-place team and led the franchise two the worst two-year period in WNBA history, in terms of won-loss record. She got rid of the most successful coach/GM combination in franchise history in exchange for Trudi Lacey, who had never been successful anywhere she coached...then made Lacy the combined coach/GM.

Worse, she has continued to make statements in the press and conduct herself in a way that alienates fans. Washington used to have some of the most vocal, passionate fans, notwithstanding the losing record; now, season ticket sales are slumping and the Mystics fans I know have not renewed their tickets for next year, mainly because of Sheila Johnson.
Would it not be reasonable to assume that Thibault has assurances that as coach/GM he makes all the personnel decisions? If not, why on earth would he take that job?. What is Johnson's position, anyway?

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Would it not be reasonable to assume that Thibault has assurances that as coach/GM he makes all the personnel decisions? If not, why on earth would he take that job?. What is Johnson's position, anyway?

I assume he would, yes.

Johnson is the President and Managing Partner of the Mystics. Thibault reports to her; she has the final say on things like hiring and firing, etc.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
I assume he would, yes.

Johnson is the President and Managing Partner of the Mystics. Thibault reports to her; she has the final say on things like hiring and firing, etc.
Sorry, I'm still confused.. Who will make the player personnel decisions and the assistant coach hiring decisions?

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Sorry, I'm still confused.. Who will make the player personnel decisions and the assistant coach hiring decisions?

Thibault would make them, but Johnson has final approval (though likely will defer to Thibault).

Thibault can pick assistants, though again, Johnson would have the final say as to hiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom