Faris moving up the WNBA draft charts.... | The Boneyard

Faris moving up the WNBA draft charts....

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
From John A.'s latest blog:

"Mike Thibault, the Washington Mystics coach and GM, has always been a huge fan of Faris, who came into Wednesday’s game second in the nation in assist/turnover ratio. On Thursday, the former coach of the Connecticut Sun said he’s been told Faris has climbed as high as No. 7 among some WNBA draft charts, which would make her a mid first-round pick in April."

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Well deserved. I wouldn't be surprised if she goes higher than #7.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
From John A.'s latest blog:

"Mike Thibault, the Washington Mystics coach and GM, has always been a huge fan of Faris, who came into Wednesday’s game second in the nation in assist/turnover ratio. On Thursday, the former coach of the Connecticut Sun said he’s been told Faris has climbed as high as No. 7 among some WNBA draft charts, which would make her a mid first-round pick in April."
That would be amazing and I would gladly eat crow.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
Especially if she has a big March. Which (fingers crossed) she will.

Reaction Score
I don't care how high she gets drafted because I never had any doubts that she would be drafted at some point. I just want her to get picked by the right team so she'll get the best opportunity to play..

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I don't care how high she gets drafted because I never had any doubts that she would be drafted at some point. I just want her to get picked by the right team so she'll get the best opportunity to play..
She will help any team that drafts her.

Reaction Score
She will help any team that drafts her.

That's a universal truth.

How many minutes Kelly plays though will be a function of a team's coach and personnel. I want to see my favorite player as much as possible. She'll help the Mystics or Shock, but I'd rather see her helping Diana Taurasi, Penny Taylor, Bonner, Dupree, and Griner for example. Kelly is a player whose impact only increases with the quality of players around her.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
My guess is that the Mystics may be leaning to Tianna Hawkins, who is having an AA-caliber season for Maryland. But Mike may really like Kelly.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Eric and I have discussed this some. I definitely see Kelly as a first rounder. Her shooting has improved, and she's stellar at everything else. A smart and athletic player who plays with great intensity. She can defend almost anyone.

The league missed on Tiffany. They will not let another Husky slide that low this year.

Reaction Score
She certainly would be a valuable addition to the CT Sun.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Or from Thibault's observations Washington.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
The Courant article had Mike considering trying to move up from the 4 pick to the 2 pick [currently Chicago's...I think]. Purpose....apparently to take EDD.

HGN

Reaction Score
Kelly's defense will make her a favorite on any WNBA GM's draft board.....Her new found offense is a big plus as well. I can imagine that Thibault would love to get her in the 2nd Round if she's still available. Which I doubt she will be.... Currently The Mystics hold the 4th Overall selection. Maybe she won't go that high , but she also won't be around for Thibault's 2nd Round selection either.

Kelly will go in the 1st Round......... WNBA Teams are in big need of someone who can defend the 1, 2 , and the 3... And Kelly can do that. I don't see her playing for the Mystics considering where they are drafting. But a team drafting from the mid 1st Round, to late in the 1st Round , is going to get one heck of a fine player and person.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Kelly's defense will make her a favorite on any WNBA GM's draft board.....Her new found offense is a big plus as well. I can imagine that Thibault would love to get her in the 2nd Round if she's still available. Which I doubt she will be.... Currently The Mystics hold the 4th Overall selection. Maybe she won't go that high , but she also won't be around for Thibault's 2nd Round selection either.

Kelly will go in the 1st Round......... WNBA Teams are in big need of someone who can defend the 1, 2 , and the 3... And Kelly can do that. I don't see her playing for the Mystics considering where they are drafting. But a team drafting from the mid 1st Round, to late in the 1st Round , is going to get one heck of a fine player and person.
I would take the Lynx, and I am sure Maya would like it too :D, but I prefer the FEVER - for obvious reasons.

HGN

Reaction Score
I would take the Lynx, and I am sure Maya would like it too :D, but I prefer the FEVER - for obvious reasons.
The Lynx would make plenty of sense.........Kelly is a tough hard-nosed player. She would fit well with the Lynx.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
The Courant article had Mike considering trying to move up from the 4 pick to the 2 pick [currently Chicago's...I think]. Purpose....apparently to take EDD.

That would make a lot of sense. I know he has gone to watch her. He did not go to the game last night. As he said, "They're playing George Mason, right?" then make a face like it wasn't worth the trip.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If the Lynx players thought Maya was unique in terms of work ethic, Kelly will disprove that. Both of those two are amazing.

Actually, though she is not a dominating player, her work habits might help turn the Mystics around.

Reaction Score
That would be amazing and I would gladly eat crow.

MYERS: wonderful news, as that is one of my favorite dishes. Most of my best, I've taught to my wife. But this one, I always cook up and serve personally. As a great big Faris fan, I say: "Open wide!" :p (Whooo.....whohaha haaaaa.....on Man,......whoooohaaaaaaaaaaaaa......ohhhhhh,

sometimes I just kill myself. Yeh, I know , you wish I would........) Keep smilin.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Eric and I have discussed this some. I definitely see Kelly as a first rounder. Her shooting has improved, and she's stellar at everything else. A smart and athletic player who plays with great intensity. She can defend almost anyone.

The league missed on Tiffany. They will not let another Husky slide that low this year.
Agreed. She's a player every coach would love to have on their team. If she wants it, she will have a very long career in the pros. The biggest knock on her was her outside shooting and scoring - a must for most guards. 14 games into the season, she's averaging over 10 PPG and a monster 47.8% on 3's. On a team with as much scoring punch as UCONN has, combine her offensive numbers with her stunning A/TO ratio, steals, etc. etc. and she's having a fantastic year.

As was mentioned by others, I hope incredible numbers continue and she is named to at least one AA list. I've never seen a player so close who i think deserves it more than Kelly...

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score

Except for the fact Washington has nothing that Chicago wants or needs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom