Farewell to Uconn tomorrow? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Farewell to Uconn tomorrow?

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I support this we’ve been awful in conference the last few years we are getting what we deserve.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I saw that they made shirts that say UCONN'T but HURRICANe... This needs to end and we need to win. Big.

I think those shirts Borges referenced on twitter were from the first time we ever played them in Tulsa. But still, you'd think with all the time twiddling thumbs they have living life in Tulsa Oklahoma, they would have been able to do something more creative. Then again, the AAC has set a pretty low bar in terms of the academic standards of the associated members so how much creativity could we really expect...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Eh, I take this as a sign of respect and appreciation more than anything else. Since they took the time acknowledge our departure we should give them a loss as a token of our mutual affection.

This is how I imagined our final season in the league.

Reaction Score
Well, good by UConn. It's been nice knowing you. What school do I need to follow?

Reaction Score
Whatever. The feeling is more than mutual.

UConn = Still, the only AAC team that has ever done anything in March. Wake me up when another AAC team is knocking on the door of a final four. (lol).

Louisville actually won a natty in the american
Still stole an AAC tourney championship too as bad as these past few years have been.

Enjoy mediocracy and the occasional first-round exit as an 11 seed Tulsa! (4>0 forever)

Reaction Score
The AAC is a flyover conference. Consider this a layover.

Tulsa is West of the Ozarks, North of Oklahoma City, South of Wichita, and East of Amarillo. What in the hell are we doing in the same conference as these guys? Let's click our heels and get as far away from (basically Kansas?) as humanly possible.

Reaction Score
While the irony is that UConn is certainly taking a step up, that is pretty clever marketing from Tulsa, especially if they win.

Reaction Score
People in here are salty and trying to trash Tulsa and the American lol they have been our daddy during our stay in this conference. Give credit where it's due bois.

Reaction Score
People in here are salty and trying to trash Tulsa and the American lol they have been our daddy during our stay in this conference. Give credit where it's due bois.
The conference absolutely blows, there is no credit due. In the 6+ years since we've been stuck in this hellhole the conference has a UConn national championship and a Houston sweet 16 appearance to show for it.

Reaction Score
The conference absolutely blows, there is no credit due. In the 6+ years since we've been stuck in this hellhole the conference has a UConn national championship and a Houston sweet 16 appearance to show for it.
All I'm saying is they're 7-3 against us in this conference and won 5 of the last 5. If they wanna mock us and throw a farewell party then they've earned it. Let's not be so sensitive.

Reaction Score
All I'm saying is they're 7-3 against us in this conference and won 5 of the last 5. If they wanna mock us and throw a farewell party then they've earned it. Let's not be so sensitive.

Guessing they'd like to leave a bad taste in our mouths we should know a little bit about that? :eek:

Reaction Score
Guessing they'd like to leave a bad taste in our mouths we should know a little bit about that? :eek:
boatshow.png

Reaction Score
Schools like Tulsa hit a Bonanza when they got added to the AAC
The not only got a Share of the Big East war chest.
but continued receiving money from any Big East revenue earned going back to the Our 2009 final four completed 2015
2011 NC completed 2017
2013 Louisville NC. Completed 2019
2014 UConn NC - finishes 2020
2016 UConn round of 32 2022
They will also profit from our exit fee .
How much has a Tulsa earned on their own account in that time.
I’m guessing zero.
Tulsa should at least give us a cake

Reaction Score
I saw that they made shirts that say UCONN'T but HURRICANe... This needs to end and we need to win. Big
How about TULSucks and they can CONNtinue to play in an irrelevant conference

Reaction Score
Shirts won't make a difference there tonight, don't worry. More than half the seats are empty.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom