Fantastic Team Update! | The Boneyard

Fantastic Team Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Here is a report from the horse's mouth.

DD- has been shooting "lights out" and has been the best shooter on the floor after JL He has been better then the staff expected and it will be hard to keep him off the floor this year. They are loving what they are seeing- great range- high percentage of shots going in the basket from all over the floor.

AO- Is very very happy AD is playing for UCONN. He realized he was not going to make the NBA as a center and is thrilled to be able to showcase his skills and play the 4 this year. He is pumped up and ready to show he can play at the next level.

NG- He has been the "surprise" so far of all the returning players. He has shown he is a much better player then last year. He is stronger, understands the game better and his shot has been dropping at a much better clip then last year. All around just plain better. They see him playing an important role this year.

RS- Playing much better then last year. Better looking JS- more shots going in the basket. Also he is much stronger as well and they think he will switch between the 3 and 4 to give AO a rest. Big jump from last year to this year as we have all hoped.

JL- All the reports are true. The words used were "a completely different player then last year/ new level of player" he has been a beast and the best player on the floor. Doing it all- nothing more to say except glowing reviews.

RB- has shown great skills and they are impressed with him. He will make freshman mistakes but expect to see him on the floor like Bazz last year and to give Bazz time to rest at point. Athletic abilities off the charts for a player his size.

AD- About what we expected- awesome! Great teammate- can pass the ball really well out of the post and has impressed on all levels.

Those are the main comments. It appears TO will be the one squeezed the most for minutes compared to last year. They may try to get him minutes at the 5 at times if the matchups allow.

Sounds pretty good no? We will have quality and depth off the bench. Not many teams can go this deep if this report proves to be accurate. We know how the staff like to "be creative" when talking about the team- but I want to believe it's all 100% on the money.

WE ARE DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
thanks for this, not to be greedy, but anything on Shabazz? The reports over the summer were pretty positive and Ray mentioned him now "coming into his own", just wondering if you had anything else to add.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Wow, that is awesome news. Okay, so which horse's mouth did this come out of? Is this a horse on the staff or a well-connected booster-type?

Any word on how AO is playing? Does AD show any Adrien-intensity?

The 3 spot is going to have quite the battle for playing time, it would appear. Hopefully they will be able to spill over and take some minutes at the 2 as well as RS taking some at the 4.

I am psyched to hear NG is playing at a different level. It's hard to know for sure, but he just looks like he could play at a different level if he could relax and just play. He was always "guiding" his shots last year.

Anybody struggling?

Thanks for the report!

Reaction Score
Nice update!

Man if DD can really stretch the floor, AO and AD are going to have a field day. Smith/Giffey/Shabazz are good for a 3pter or so, but haven't had a dead-eye in a while. Nice to have him up with Lamb.

Love the news on Giffey, expected a nice improvement now with a year of basketball experience outside Germany to acclimate to US college bball. I wonder how many minutes will be available to him if DD lives up to the hype though. Maybe 14 or 15 min?

Reaction Score
Wow. If the horse is telling the truth, this is a GREAT report!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
that is some great and exciting stuff to read. i know it confirms things we read about over the summer, but it's far different hearing it from (hopefully) coaches who know exactly what they did last year as opposed to people watching them in the summer leagues, etc..

i also echo the question re: who the "horse's mouth" is, and even tho we saw nothing on Shabazz, assume he will have improvements as well from last year. we are going to be a very dangerous team!

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
A buddy of mine is connected with the team and says DD has a great stroke and also says RS is dropping shots from all over the place. Says AD is a beast but raw. Very raw were his exact words. I get the feeling he will dominate some games based on matchups but will also struggle in some matchups. The general consensus is JL is a straight up beast.

As for scote's OP, the comment about JL is strikingly similar to what another one of my friends who works for the team said about Kemba last year. Different player, clearly the best player on the court, etc. Not sure that it's quite to the same level but I sure am excited to find out.

Reaction Score
Sorry forgot SN.

He has been very steady. He has put on some LBs which should allow him to draw more contact. It seems the weight room and improving JSing were the mantras of the summer. Staff thinks he will do a fine job at point and are not concerned with him being the leader of the team. I did not get any more details on him- I think I was distracted by the rest of the info.

The information is from the staff via an alum.

Reaction Score
On the struggling front not too much- it is more addition from subtraction. Bradley and Wolf were not mentioned much in the news I received. They think both may get some PT but all things staying the same it will be for quick breathers if someone else is in foul trouble.

AO is energized- he seems to be one of the leaders on the team and has been playing well. I think it is a function that he is playing near the basket that we are not hearing more at now about him in a dramatic fashion. It one thing to beat your way to the basket during pick up games against your teammates and a thing of beauty doing it to pitt or quse.

Reaction Score
Good reporting. I was excited to hear about DD. I feel he will give us the Jamal Coombs-McDaniel we didn't get.You are spot on about Ryan and how he will be used. It'll be when fourth gear begins stutter, RB will be push the pedal to the medal. There will be no time off against Uconn. No wonder AO is excited about AD. It's his time to shine at the 4. Giff will be a real asset this year. I am sure JC will have spot situations where he will be most effective.

Reaction Score
Good reporting. I was excited to hear about DD. I feel he will give us the Jamal Coombs-McDaniel we didn't get.You are spot on about Ryan and how he will be used. It'll be when fourth gear begins stutter, RB will be push the pedal to the medal. There will be no time off against Uconn. No wonder AO is excited about AD. It's his time to shine at the 4. Giff will be a real asset this year. I am sure JC will have spot situations where he will be most effective.

I think we will see NG at the 2 alot backing up JL as I believe he has the foot speed to cover most 2's well. He isn't being asked to play starter minutes and will just be giving JL a break when RB is just too small to guard another team's 2. I'm glad he has stepped up his game more as at the end of last year he was our stopper on defense. I hope his offense has improved enough to make an impact.

Reaction Score
It's quite a stable, kinda like having like having Seattle Slew, Man O War, and Secretariat coming out of the barn.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
No wonder AO is excited about AD. It's his time to shine at the 4.

Especially with all the attention AD is going to draw.

(on edit: Thanks Scote, great stuff!)

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
This team is entertainingly terrifying.

Reaction Score
What a report, Alex will be a beast and a star. Lamb can not be doubled with this squad.

Reaction Score
Thanks Scot-e. It is going to be a fun year. I wish we had a better OOC schedule but if that's all I have to complain about...

Reaction Score
No discussion of possible acc and players point of views...just playing

One of thethe top tos guys toldon me thatto DD could be rookie of the year in the BE.that was before drummond, but loved DD game

Reaction Score
99 please delete "ACC" from this positive basketball thread. Your cooperation is appreciated.

DOOMED!!!!!!!

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
we're just going to have to go unbeaten

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics