Fanta and Donny | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fanta and Donny

Reaction Score
I honestly enjoyed them and I watched most of it twice already. They have good chemistry and seemed to be actually having fun.

The only thing I didn't like was Donnie seeming to take credit for the Joey California nickname???

Reaction Score
Walton's the best as long as he's not calling your team or any game that you really care about
Nope- I have bumped into by accident games he's calling and he is the worst to listen to.

Reaction Score
I think individually they are both fine. I normally really like Donny, you can tell he really cares, he has some interesting stories based on his connections and time with/near the program. He explains some of the things he sees well

but yeah last night they stunk. you can tell they weren't working with a lot of material. there's no reason to talk about mullets that often, ever, in any setting haha. i have no problem blaming that on the matchup, they are both interesting dudes so hopefully it comes together

for what it's worth, i hope he sticks with joey california if it's in like a celebratory way, and not something he forcing down our throats.

Reaction Score
fanta stinks. always sounds like a fanboy who has spent his entire life locked in the basement, anxiously waiting for the next xbox to drop.
instant mute. everytime.
Sure but the man knows his Big east bball. Get used to him bc he will be around for a while

Reaction Score
My wife who tends to read during the games and keep one eye on it absolutely could not stand them. She continually asked me "do these two guys just not like each other?"

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Sure but the man knows his Big east bball. Get used to him bc he will be around for a while
'Get used to him,'
no. and u can't make me.
so there, and sew buttons on ur underwear.
not really sure what that means. i don't wear underwear much.
i'll bet tho, that he is a whiz at fanta-see leagues. all that settin around the bunker, with jugs of coca-cola and bowls of skittles has to be good for something. brain food, i guess.
mute!

Reaction Score
Did anyone else think they were brutal tonight? Donny might’ve brought up the kids hair and Hurleys sage 14 times, like it was the funniest joke he ever told. Fanta just didn’t contribute much, seemed to lean into whatever Donny was saying, he usually has some insight into the programs he’s covering. Warm up game for them too?
Wow I thought they were great honestly, Donny wasn’t doing his contrarian POV too much like he usually does when he pretends he isn’t an alum. Yeah they hit a few things over and over again, but how much fresh stand up material do you think these guys have for each game?

Reaction Score
Everytime they show Fanta I think "Josh Gaad is now a sports announcer?"

My dad muted it for a while when they kept talking about hair. I was waiting for the NESN Remy/Orsillo 'Inane Banter' warning.

Still, I know some people here love him, but I'd rather listen to Marshall/Fanta than Walton any day.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Saw Fanta on campus today

saturday night live snl GIF

Reaction Score
Did anyone else think they were brutal tonight? Donny might’ve brought up the kids hair and Hurleys sage 14 times, like it was the funniest joke he ever told. Fanta just didn’t contribute much, seemed to lean into whatever Donny was saying, he usually has some insight into the programs he’s covering. Warm up game for them too?
I'll be honest, I think Donny is brutal more than half the time.

Reaction Score
I dont know why but it annoyed the hell out of me that Fanta kept calling them “Boston”

No its BU..thats even easier to say.
Because anyone ever associated with the school refers to it as BU and never "Boston". A guy that lives in New England should know this. Poor craftsmanship by Fanta.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I put a lot of games on ignore

Then again, I even put the news on ignore so that's nothing new for me

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members