Fans from other programs on our board... | The Boneyard

Fans from other programs on our board...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I have to say - I really enjoy having lots of fans from other programs visiting our board, especially fans of teams we play.

I'll admit I've only see SC play 3 times this year, and once it was against UCONN. So obviously I have far less knowledge of their coach, team, how they play, who's playing well, who's struggling with injuries/aches/pains, etc. So it was enlightening to see the SC fans take on the whole Mizzou situation, and then their take on how SC played against UCONN and how that may fare for their future this season, in addition to insights as to how Dawn coaches and leads her team.

I know we have some ND, Tenn, Duke, SC, Baylor, L'ville, Maryland and Texas fans (do we still get visits from Stanford fans?) on our board, as well as probably a bunch of other teams, so I just wanted to say thanks for visiting our board and imparting your opinions/knowledge of your teams - you all certainly know your teams better than most, if not all, of the UCONN fans on here...

I get that this is "our" board, and sometimes UCONN fans can be quick to take swings at other programs/fans, but as much as many UCONN fans are myopic in their views of UCONN and the rest of WCBB, most of us appreciate the differing perspectives (even if we disagree!)...

GoDawgs4

MSU and All That Too
Reaction Score
State fan here. I thank you guys for including us. Fortunately for us, we have beaten you most recently.
Realistically, it was going to happen at some point. As you all saw, it took a great team and overtime to beat Connecticut.

Long way to go for both but I think all of us in the back of our minds would like to see these two face off undefeated for the NC.
That would be fun.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
There was also a knowledgeable Oregon St fan who posted frequently last season as OSU and their outstanding coach, Scott Rueck, battled Stanford for the PAC12 championship last season. Don’t know what happened to him, but the Beavers are still a pretty good team under Rueck, even though they graduated several top players.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Great responses BY team!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
If we had a First Team All-Boneyard, I know a few standouts from other teams who should be on it for sure. They are among the most knowledgeable and best-humored contributors on here.

JS

Reaction Score
(do we still get visits from Stanford fans?)
SakiBomb has been a BY visitor for many years. Doesn't post as much as he used to. Still appears to be a frequent reader and posts from time to time, most recently #35 in the Azzi Fudd in Person thread a couple of weeks ago.

Always liked his info, opinions and good nature.

Cardfan posted continually during the 2013-2014 season, never came back for the following season or since. She may or may not be reading, but hasn't logged in during the past year plus. Hey Cardfan, you out there?

Addendum to Eric's list off the top of my head. We have maybe three MSState fans here, one in this thread. There are at least two Rutgers fans who've been active posters for a long time. There's at least one 'Bama fan, and a USF fan who posts a lot of news about his team.

JS

Reaction Score
If we had a First Team All-Boneyard, I know a few standouts from other teams who should be on it for sure. They are among the most knowledgeable and best-humored contributors on here.
Absolutely agree.

And I bet we'd make several of the same nominations.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I really enjoy the contributions of other teams' fans. I also like that they're respectful of the BY and that the BYers are respectful of them. Not every online forum would be as welcoming.

Reaction Score
I enjoy this board more than BU boards most of the time. Talking with other Fans from other boards and UConn fans is more fun and the debates are better. You can hear perspectives that you didn't even think about. I also follow teams, but not as much as BU so I also enjoy the info and knowledge those teams give and help me get to know the other programs better.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
We’ve got a Missouri fan here somewhere, an Ohio State fan, and a USF fan. We used to have several Purdue fans but haven’t seen them for a while. Some longtime Boneyarders are fans of other teams but have integrated so seamlessly into the board, we’ve forgotten that they root for the other guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I have to say - I really enjoy having lots of fans from other programs visiting our board, especially fans of teams we play.

I'll admit I've only see SC play 3 times this year, and once it was against UCONN. So obviously I have far less knowledge of their coach, team, how they play, who's playing well, who's struggling with injuries/aches/pains, etc. So it was enlightening to see the SC fans take on the whole Mizzou situation, and then their take on how SC played against UCONN and how that may fare for their future this season, in addition to insights as to how Dawn coaches and leads her team.

I know we have some ND, Tenn, Duke, SC, Baylor, L'ville, Maryland and Texas fans (do we still get visits from Stanford fans?) on our board, as well as probably a bunch of other teams, so I just wanted to say thanks for visiting our board and imparting your opinions/knowledge of your teams - you all certainly know your teams better than most, if not all, of the UCONN fans on here...

I get that this is "our" board, and sometimes UCONN fans can be quick to take swings at other programs/fans, but as much as many UCONN fans are myopic in their views of UCONN and the rest of WCBB, most of us appreciate the differing perspectives (even if we disagree!)...

Hear! hear! (thanks JS) I join EricLA in his appreciation of having fans of other teams join us here in the yard to share their thoughts and observations with us. I look forward to their continued interest, takes and input into the Boneyard medium throughout the national tournament, and beyond. I have no problem with fans from the outside rooting for their team(s), or giving an honest and realistic critique of UConn. We do when we go on other team's chat rooms, at least I do. Being a WCBB fan in general (and a UConn fan specifically) makes me interested in other program's development and progress. Information is knowledge. I'm always interested that!! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I enjoy this board more than BU boards most of the time. Talking with other Fans from other boards and UConn fans is more fun and the debates are better. You can hear perspectives that you didn't even think about. I also follow teams, but not as much as BU so I also enjoy the info and knowledge those teams give and help me get to know the other programs better.

"You can hear perspectives that you didn't even think about."

Bingo!!! :D

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
We’ve goy a Missouri fan here somewhere, an Ohio State fan, and a USF fan. We used to have several Purdue fans but haven’t seen them for a while. Some longtime Boneyarders are fans of other teams but have integrated so seamlessly into the board, we’ve forgotten that they root for the other guys.
Nan, I'm still a Purdue fan, I just like UConn and the way they play basketball more. If UConn and Purdue played against each other I would root for both and hope for a good game.

Reaction Score
"You can hear perspectives that you didn't even think about."

Bingo!!! :D

I truly enjoy the sport and talking about it. So hearing others opinions when they are open minded as well is nice. I feel like most of the UConn fans are however we know all fan bases have the few that are very biased.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
State fan here. I thank you guys for including us. Fortunately for us, we have beaten you most recently.
Realistically, it was going to happen at some point. As you all saw, it took a great team and overtime to beat Connecticut.

Long way to go for both but I think all of us in the back of our minds would like to see these two face off undefeated for the NC.
That would be fun.
The problem for UConn and WCBB as I see it anyway, is there is no real rivalry. A team that unless UConn plays well the outcome is in doubt. Every time. To me regional rivalries are what makes the game grow: East coast/west coast, north/south etc. MSS provides that. Vic however needs to provide that every year to make it a real regional rivalry. If he could do it it couldn't happen for a nicer man or better coach.

JordyG

Reaction Score
C'mon Texas fans. Thanks. Love having you guys here and I respect the hell out of the players and the teams and coaches dealing in your state.

JordyG

Reaction Score
I like this board. I like talking to fans of other teams and get thier perspective,
Thanks. Also you know I'm one of many on this board that has long left behind any and all hate in my heart for the Lady Vols.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
The problem for UConn and WCBB as I see it anyway, is there is no real rivalry. A team that unless UConn plays well the outcome is in doubt. Every time. To me regional rivalries are what makes the game grow: East coast/west coast, north/south etc. MSS provides that. Vic however needs to provide that every year to make it a real regional rivalry. If he could do it it couldn't happen for a nicer man or better coach.
Disagree. I would say ND is a true rival. Maybe they haven't beaten us recently, but in the Diggins years, I think they won something like 7 out of 8 at one point. UCONN may be 35-11 all time vs. them, but as they are a perennial top 5 and final 4 threat, I'd say the rivalry with them is relevant...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom