Family of Azzi Fudd opens up about injury | The Boneyard

Family of Azzi Fudd opens up about injury

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Gifted article -

Had a feeling about this part -
"An MRI confirmed the season-ending news later that week. Doctors told Katie and Tim that Azzi’s right knee was probably already compromised after her injury to the same knee last year."

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
@HuskyNan (or anyone else) can you post again how to get around the pay firewall for this article? Thanks.

Reaction Score
Really good article with great quotes from family. They’re transparent and honest about the mental challenges for both Azzi and family as they embark on another grueling rehab process. As shocked as we all were can’t imagine what her family thought when the call came in from her.

Reaction Score
I have to admire the Fudds for continuing to come to UConn's game and root hard for the team even when their daughter can't play. Not a lot of parents would be able to do that.
YES!! Watching the UCLA and Kansas games and seeing the Fudds at both games, they have my deepest respect. It speaks volumes about their character. They are there for the child and the program. They could have skipped the games knowing that their daughter is out for the season but they are there and deep! Gotta love that type of support.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Just for giggles I clicked on the address bar on my phone (that I believe is a way to get audio of the story) and the entire article appeared.
Isn't modern day technology great? Now if I could do something about that VCR clock that keeps blinking "12:00:00". :):rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Gifted article -

Had a feeling about this part -
"An MRI confirmed the season-ending news later that week. Doctors told Katie and Tim that Azzi’s right knee was probably already compromised after her injury to the same knee last year."
I thought the same thing when Paige had her injury last year. I have seen my share of ACL injuries in female athletes and as much time as Azzi missed last year it just seemed more was going on that what was shared. With Paige the injury looked exactly like most of the ACL injuries I witnessed. Player stop and knee keeps going.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Please don’t post copyrighted material here. It’s a violation of copyright law

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I feel so badly for my local girl. She needs to be persistent and patient, and I'm sure she will be. Best wishes to Azzi and her family!

Reaction Score
Just for giggles I clicked on the address bar on my phone (that I believe is a way to get audio of the story) and the entire article appeared.
Isn't modern day technology great? Now if I could do something about that VCR clock that keeps blinking "12:00:00". :):rolleyes:
Thanks. That worked for me too!

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
@HuskyNan (or anyone else) can you post again how to get around the pay firewall for this article? Thanks.
the instant the article starts to appear quickly tap your escape key 3 or 4 times. it will take a few tries to make it work.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Azzi sure didn't fall far from the tree. What a wonderful pair of parents she has. Adversity reveals character and they have plenty of it. They are fantastic ambassadors for the UConn program.

Reaction Score
Perhaps I'm just another grumpy old man - and yet I wonder... When and how did it become common practice for good people to think nothing of circumventing paywalls? We value an article but don't see a reason to compensate the author or publisher for their work and expense. To my way of thinking this is a piece of the "Age of Entitlement" right here in our beloved Boneyard.

Reaction Score
the instant the article starts to appear quickly tap your escape key 3 or 4 times. it will take a few tries to make it work.
Hey, it worked. As far as circumventing paywalls, sorry, but I have no problem with this. Just me no doubt, but I don't feel "entitled" and I'm 77 years old. Finally, Maggie is the only person I'd do this for and, as usual, she hits it out of the park.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Perhaps I'm just another grumpy old man - and yet I wonder... When and how did it become common practice for good people to think nothing of circumventing paywalls?

It probably goes as far back as passing around newspapers or leaflets instead of everyone purchasing them. There is a sense that information is part of the public domain and therefore commonly shared. Books, are little different in that there is a shared sense of value, probably based upon the length of time it takes to read them, but articles have always been either free or very very inexpensive and we're very often shared by the original purchaser. That remains the common mindset towards reporting.

Or was that just a rhetorical question?

sun

Reaction Score
Perhaps I'm just another grumpy old man - and yet I wonder... When and how did it become common practice for good people to think nothing of circumventing paywalls? We value an article but don't see a reason to compensate the author or publisher for their work and expense. To my way of thinking this is a piece of the "Age of Entitlement" right here in our beloved Boneyard.
Some of the CTINSIDER articles are syndicated & can be found on other websites without a paywall by Googling the title of the article.
Here's the same article on another website without the paywall.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom